Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whose side are you on?

• Total voters
Ant-Man allegedly has a pretty big role in Avengers 4 so they kinda had to thrust him into that storyline and if set photos are to be believed, they can't have someone who knows how to pull him out of the Quantum Realm.

As for having the snap happen there at all, I think it harkens back to classic event comics. Like the actual Infinity Ganutelt and War storylines. These are universe altering events and their after effects and repercussions are felt throughout the Marvel canon. Agents of Shield also had major tie ins to the events of Infinity War in its season 5 finale.

i understand the role in the larger MCU, i'm just saying that the credits scenes kind of... make the entire rest of the movie feel like a giant waste of time?

a whole month dude

a whole month of the internet spoiling everything

that does not equate to one week of pretty much no spoilers unless you're really looking for them my man

i'm not pissed off, certainly not at you (though i did get a little ticked at the payback joke, understandably)

i'm just very mildly annoyed that whoever's in charge of the scheduling at marvel didn't even think about the fans

it's not your fault clearly, you probably don't have any sway in the scheduling of the movies

fuckin problem now is that i've seen so many spoilers i don't think there's much point in watching the film now, at least not until it comes out on dvd

it's fucking ant-man, are you really that worried about spoilers

literally the only thing you could really get spoiled on is the post credits scene and even that barely counts as a spoiler
Contra(dictory) said:
you know it's gonna be undone next year dw about it
that's part of the reason i think it's so stupid

Knowing things would be undone didn't stop the ending of Infinity War from feeling like a gut punch. It doesn't matter that the audience knows that something's not permanent. The CHARACTERS don't know that and seeing the way they react is what's interesting and emotional.

The Ant-Man and the Wasp post credits scene is still super effective because of the way it's shot and plays out, and with the desperation in Scott's voice as he slowly realizes he's stuck.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-exits-guardians-galaxy-vol-3-1128786

uh

Nabber said:
it's fucking ant-man, are you really that worried about spoilers
...yes? if i'm going into a movie theatre, i'd rather know as little as possible about the film going in, even if it is "fucking ant-man"

at this point in the series, i think they're definitely seeing it for the plot, to see how it all fits into infinity war + the next two films

this is the third film before the end of the mcu as we know it, which does mean shit is heating up, so i'm willing to bet that half of the people going to see the film are gonna see it for post iw hype

even if the film isn't directly related to infinity war plotwise, there's still gonna be a bundle of spoilers to the story itself, such as how the villain will be defeated, or how certain plotlines from the previous films are going to be resolved in this film

plus the comedy is like ten times better if you don't know what the jokes are beforehand

i'm just really interested in going into this film as fresh as possible, and it's pretty tough when there's lots of spoilers and references being plastered on the internet rn

there's a chance it'll cause a blow to movie sales worldwide since uk's not the only place it's been delayed (i think), which is v. bad but understandable, i want to see this film succeed as much as the next guy, but if they're not going to try to make it fair for everyone, then they're digging their own grave tbh

getting away from that subject now cause it's gone on far enough

since james gunn has now been axed (let's not go into detail about why and whether he should or shouldn't have been fired), who do you think will take over guardians 3? do you think there will be a guardians 3?

personally i think they'll grab taika waititi for the job, ragnarok was very close to the type of films that guardians were, so he'll be a viable choice

I don't want waititi to handle the job but he would be the most likely choice... except he's already working on a movie so he's probably booked

what if they get joss whedon :^)

This whole thing is a mess.

They're tweets from years ago that he had ALREADY APOLOGIZED FOR! I'm sure Disney knew about them when he was hired, they're Disney. They probably have the most extensive background checks imaginable.

But the worst part of this is that it was started as smear campaign by the alt-right, and now Disney has caved and conceded to them. This is a horrible, dangerous precedent.

Are the tweets in poor taste, yes? Should they still rehire Gunn? Absolutely.

thank god somebody else said it, i didn't want to be the one to bring it up

hopefully disney will realise what a colossal shitstorm they've caused and rehire him before it's too late, the guy has been nothing but professional since he was signed with them, his past of dark jokes shouldn't define who he is today

guardians 3 won't be nearly as good without him behind the helm

Deku said:
This whole thing is a mess.

They're tweets from years ago that he had ALREADY APOLOGIZED FOR! I'm sure Disney knew about them when he was hired, they're Disney. They probably have the most extensive background checks imaginable.

But the worst part of this is that it was started as smear campaign by the alt-right, and now Disney has caved and conceded to them. This is a horrible, dangerous precedent.

Are the tweets in poor taste, yes? Should they still rehire Gunn? Absolutely.

Oh yes. Did'ja see the big letter that the GotG cast wrote? It's great to see that the cast hasn't turned against him from something that happened in the past.

So by the time of Infinity War, Scott's house arrest had already ended a couple of days ago at the very least. I wonder how differently things might have gone if the other Avengers knew about this. And come to think of it, I don't think Clint's sentence would have been any longer, would it?

Back