Mario Golf: World Tour

I'd like to hear more about this game but at this rate I don't really have any urge to even consider buying it when it is out.

Shadow rocks! said:
But no, they'll just talk about...
...Bravely Default.

I don't see the problem here

Anna said:
Didn't the same happen to Mario Tennis Open, where it was like announced, but after that, not much more information was given other than some minor stuff, and then released?

Speaking of that game, I only played it for like a day until I got Baby Mario. Then I stopped caring about that game. Honestly, it's a very forgettable Mario game, and I have a feeling that this too will probably become another sports game that is not really recognized.

I think the problem is that handheld sports games...suck. Like, on the console it's easier to play with people such as friends or family, whereas playing it by yourself is just very boring.
I disagree Mario Tennis and Mario Golf 64 were both amazing by myself and sucked with friends because they always sucked

I have no confidence according to what we saw from Tennis Open. If there are nothing creative or no good roster (seems not), I'd still only wait for Kart 8.

Still it was announced this game will have communities like MK7. So at least online mode will be better than MTO.

Yeah, online was pretty much Mii Tennis Open.

Do you want story-mode?

RPG mode isn't gonna happen

Baby Luigi said:

And I HOPE it doesn't happen. It was filled with text (very cheesy text, by the way) and irrelevant and generic humans who made the game feel like Human Tennis with a Mario cameo. Sure, it was rather fun, but I'd rather engage in an RPG game where I level up a Mario character, not some random human.

Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:

And I HOPE it doesn't happen. It was filled with text (very cheesy text, by the way) and irrelevant and generic humans who made the game feel like Human Tennis with a Mario cameo. Sure, it was rather fun, but I'd rather engage in an RPG game where I level up a Mario character, not some random human.

^This^, much less, Miis.

Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:

True. But what about an actual MARIO RPG mode?

That would be nice but I wouldn't hold my breath for it

Shadow rocks! said:
Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:

That would be cool, depending on how they execute it. But, like Baby Luigi said, it's very unlikely it's going to happen.

Shadow rocks! said:
Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:

It would be wonderful to see my favorite character progress, but again, I highly doubt it would happen.

Anser said:
Well, if we just have two or three characters that the Mario characters come to beat, it can be a reasonable story. What the previous series irritates fans with is that the basic story has nothing to do with Mario world. I personally want to see Plum and Gene back.

I hope we get some more details about this game in the near future. We were supposed to have another nintendo direct last month but nintendo faked us out and cancelled. We had better get one this month on the twelfth or the nineteenth.

Well, Miis are confirmed to be playable

Just as long as they're not broken this time...

Baby Luigi said:

Am I wrong or did they confirm May 2nd as the release date too?

Disappointed. I hate Miis. I was expecting Yoshi, Rosalina, Toad or Koopa.

I believe that was release date, I'm disappointed that's all they showed.

i dont like golf much but what they showed was pretty sad.

Feel bad for you fellas wanting more for this title.

Baby Luigi said:

It's really too bad that the Mario games are, like, the only non-Mii Nintendo games that put Miis everywhere.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:

It's really too bad that the Mario games are, like, the only non-Mii Nintendo games that put Miis everywhere.
Out of all the Nintendo series, Miis fit there best.

I would not want Miis in something like Zelda.

I wasn't thinking about ALL Nintendo games, just the cartoony ones.

You don't see Miis in Pokemon or Kirby either.

Anser said:
Forget my previous post. Yoshi was confirmed.

That's about it? I guess?

GalacticPetey said:
Hypochondriac Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:

Out of all the Nintendo series, Miis fit there best.

I would not want Miis in something like Zelda.

well that depends, there are plenty of zeldas that are cartoony, such as a link between worlds and wind waker.

Back