Mario Golf: World Tour

Anser said:
The Blackadder said:
You know I would actually enjoy another mario golf game where it's just the mario characters playing golf

Which is what we're going to get.
No i'm talking about a mario golf game with no items and no cheap gimmicks

The Blackadder said:
Anser said:
The Blackadder said:
You know I would actually enjoy another mario golf game where it's just the mario characters playing golf

Oh. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to turn the items off in this game. As for the gimmicks, well, I don't know. Without them, it would be just a generic golf game featuring Mario characters like Mario Golf 64.

Cirdec said:
Anser said:
infinite8 said:
There are also four unannounced characters included in World Tour. I wonder who they might be…

How do you know that? I can bet Rosalina is one.

Edit: Nevermind, I already saw the picture.

What picture ?

mgwtcharacterselect.png

Gee, can people actually take the time and effort to upload clearer pictures?

Oh, I guess I'm not being called out for being nitpicky. But even if there are no hidden blurry characters (the faces are recognizable), you can still do a much better job with that, even with a phone camera.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Oh, I guess I'm not being called out for being nitpicky. But even if there are no hidden blurry characters (the faces are recognizable), you can still do a much better job with that, even with a phone camera.

Personally, I can't complain about someone being nitpicky because I'm the nitpickiest person ever, so it would be hypocritical from me. But of course a better-quality picture would be appreciated. The good thing is that, like you said, the faces are recognizable.

Now let's start the bets! Who do you think are the unlockable characters? Here are mine:

-Rosalina: it's obvious she's one, seeing all the promotion she's getting lately. She was planned for Mario Tennis Open and left out for lack of time. I'm sure they're not going for that this time around.
-Birdo: the same reason as Rosalina except the promotion, and because her clubs have already been confirmed in the game.
-Baby Mario: he appeared in Mario Tennis Open, which was also made by Camelot, so I can see them making him return to the Mario Golf series, like they made him return to the Mario Tennis series.
-Baby Peach: the same reason as Baby Mario, although I could see Dry Bowser instead of her too, or even a totally new character to the series like, I don't know, Lubba or something like that.

Anser said:
The Blackadder said:
Anser said:
The Blackadder said:

Oh. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to turn the items off in this game. As for the gimmicks, well, I don't know. Without them, it would be just a generic golf game featuring Mario characters like Mario Golf 64.
Mario Golf 64 was awesome though

The Blackadder said:
Anser said:
The Blackadder said:
Anser said:
The Blackadder said:

Awesome indeed.

Anser said:
The Blackadder said:
Anser said:
The Blackadder said:
Anser said:
The Blackadder said:

Awesome indeed.
Filled that game with water once because I couldn't beat sunny good times

Anser said:

Personally, I can't complain about someone being nitpicky because I'm the nitpickiest person ever, so it would be hypocritical from me. But of course a better-quality picture would be appreciated. The good thing is that, like you said, the faces are recognizable.

Now let's start the bets! Who do you think are the unlockable characters? Here are mine:

-Rosalina: it's obvious she's one, seeing all the promotion she's getting lately. She was planned for Mario Tennis Open and left out for lack of time. I'm sure they're not going for that this time around.
-Birdo: the same reason as Rosalina except the promotion, and because her clubs have already been confirmed in the game.
-Baby Mario: he appeared in Mario Tennis Open, which was also made by Camelot, so I can see them making him return to the Mario Golf series, like they made him return to the Mario Tennis series.
-Baby Peach: the same reason as Baby Mario, although I could see Dry Bowser instead of her too, or even a totally new character to the series like, I don't know, Lubba or something like that.

Baby Mario and Peach would be unlikely because they would have poor power. I bet one of the hidden characters is Metal Mario.

Cirdec said:
Anser said:

Baby Mario and Peach would be unlikely because they would have poor power. I bet one of the hidden characters is Metal Mario.

Babymariogolf3.png

Also has higher drive than two adult women (including Peach) and one weird man in said game. Although, to be fair, unlockables tend to have higher drive than default characters.

Cirdec said:
Anser said:

Babymariogolf3.png

Also has higher drive than two adult women and one weird man in said game.

By 3 yards difference to Peach. If Baby Mario appears, he would get poor power, that's just a waste for a hidden character.

But there's more to it than just drive distance. Yeah he'd probably be weak but he could have really good ball control and spin or his shot could have a crazy hook or slice.

Oh, yeah, that. Also, Nintendo can surprise us.

Also, I don't think Nintendo cares about how strong/weak a character is. They put the characters according to their popularity or how much they're liked by the public, I think.

Sorry, it's not like we have access to the game yet that GameExplain has the pic taken in the demo they played so it's not like we could do any better. Sheesh, why do you always complain?

Baby Luigi said:

Sorry, it's not like we have access to the game yet that GameExplain has the pic taken in the demo they played so it's not like we could do any better. Sheesh, why do you always complain?
And can they take a clearer picture? We can take a clearer picture with our phone cam.

Baby Luigi said:

And can they take a clearer picture? We can take a clearer picture with our phone cam.

Dear f---ing lord, watch the ----ing video, this is the clearest we can get

We should inform GameXplain of the wiki's quality standards so that future picture/video quality is better suited to our needs.

Baby Luigi said:
Baby Luigi said:

Dear f---ing lord, watch the ----ing video, this is the clearest we can get
So we should crop the thing and call it a screenshot.

Cirdec said:
By 3 yards difference to Peach. If Baby Mario appears, he would get poor power, that's just a waste for a hidden character.

You're a waste of a hidden character. D:<

(jk. I really don't care if Baby Mario is in this or not. I hope for Baby Mario, Rosalina, Birdo, and Dry Bowser, but it'll most likely be Meta Mario replacing Baby Mario).

The Blackadder said:
Anser said:
The Blackadder said:
Anser said:
The Blackadder said:

Mario Golf 64 is still awesome, If you are referring to the four random character in MG64, those were counterpart characters to the ones who were in the Gameboy Color Mario Golf. So they weren't totally generic.

First unlockable character revealed, as everyone expected......... Her majesty:

Just kidding. Apparently Toad is finally playable in Mario Golf: http://himastime.blog21.fc2.com/blog-entry-1269.html

Back