Yoshi's Woolly World

Re: Yarn Yoshi

Gummy said:
Well, those first screenshots were like an injection of pure diabeetus to the vein.

Except you can't inject diabetes :posh:

Gummy said:
Well, those first screenshots were like an injection of pure diabeetus to the vein.

The dumbest post ive ever seen.

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
So just because Yoshi was partnered with Birdo in a few spinoffs, that means he should be in every Yoshi game? Yoshi's been partnered with Toad and Koopa Troopa as well. Should they be in Yoshi games too?
In a degree, partnerships do mean that they have a bigger chances to be in their corresponding series. As you say not in every game, but it's impossible for them being in no games.

I thought toads were already doing with Yoshi games since the series is a prequel itself.

Let me explain. "Diabeetus" can refer on the internet to something which is so sweet (cute) that it gave you diabetes (diabeetus, as Wilford Brimley says in the commercials).

gah, explaining the joke always feels so awkward

Dorayaki said:
Rocket J. Squirrel said:
So just because Yoshi was partnered with Birdo in a few spinoffs, that means he should be in every Yoshi game? Yoshi's been partnered with Toad and Koopa Troopa as well. Should they be in Yoshi games too?
In a degree, partnerships do mean that they have a bigger chances to be in their corresponding series. As you say not in every game, but it's impossible for them being in no games.

I thought toads were already doing with Yoshi games since the series is a prequel itself.
Ok, I will use another example.

DK and Diddy are best buds throughout their series and the Mario Kart/Sports games. Should Diddy Kong be in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, where he doesn't belong? The same goes for Birdo. He doesn't fit in the series, so why put him in? Because he's Yoshi's boyfriend? Even so, he'd feel shoehorned in.

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Ok, I will use another example.

DK and Diddy are best buds throughout their series and the Mario Kart/Sports games. Should Diddy Kong be in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, where he doesn't belong? The same goes for Birdo. He doesn't fit in the series, so why put him in? Because he's Yoshi's boyfriend? Even so, he'd feel shoehorned in.
Still the same answer:
Dorayaki said:
As you say not in every game, but it's impossible for them being in no games.
Besides, at least DK series had changed sevearl multiple playable characters, while other series haven't done it before.

I don't say Birdo must fit in Yoshi game (okay to me). Still the other question is which the game she should exactly be in.

Gummy said:
Let me explain. "Diabeetus" can refer on the internet to something which is so sweet (cute) that it gave you diabetes (diabeetus, as Wilford Brimley says in the commercials).

gah, explaining the joke always feels so awkward
cuteness cannot give you increased metabolism, increased thirst, and excessive urination

It's an expression, PTR. It doesn't literally give you diabetes. There's a trope for it (Tastes Like Diabetes).

Yoshi's Story 2. Im so excited it's a great idea.

I wonder if this game will have that narrator who talks down to the player, wasn't really keen on that.

I get that KEY was a game that could be played by kids but when I was a kid I just wanted to play fun games, not games that were catered to my age group

I loved the narrator.

"This grass feels like pants"
"You can't be mean to my Waddle Dees! Only I can be mean to my Waddle Dees!"

Hmm will this game take place in the past, like most other Yoshi games?

I'm hoping so, since I'm a fan of the baby characters and I really want to see them in Yarn form. Besides, it will rev up my hype for this game. Right now, hype level is low, but we'll wait and see if that changes.

It seems like there aren't babies so there's no reason for it to take place in the past.
Atleast I'm hoping. I really want Yoshi to branch out and he doesn't need Mario, baby or otherwise, holding him down. I hope this will be the first game that doesn't have Kamek or Bowser too. Yoshi needs his own villians, not Mario ones.

Kamek was originally a Yoshi series villain, but has since become a character of the larger series.

I wouldn't mind seeing Yarn Kamek, but I would also like a mixture of new and old bosses, just like how Kirby's Epic Yarn did it.

Koopaul said:
It seems like there aren't babies so there's no reason for it to take place in the past.
Atleast I'm hoping. I really want Yoshi to branch out and he doesn't need Mario, baby or otherwise, holding him down. I hope this will be the first game that doesn't have Kamek or Bowser too. Yoshi needs his own villians, not Mario ones.

Me and BLOF can easily say that the babies don't hinder Yoshi. It's quite the opposite.

Alright guys, I've got a quiz question I don't have the answer to. There's no prize(sorry) but I want to see which one you find more likely.
How did Yoshi end up in Yarn Form in the first place?
A: He's in the place of a daydreaming child.
B: Yin Yarn.
C: This isn't canon.
A, B or C? Your choices :P

Sonicyay2 said:
Alright guys, I've got a quiz question I don't have the answer to. There's no prize(sorry) but I want to see which one you find more likely.
How did Yoshi end up in Yarn Form in the first place?
A: He's in the place of a daydreaming child.
B: Yin Yarn.
C: This isn't canon.
A, B or C? Your choices :P

None of the above.

I think it will be set in a Yarn world: not sure if the real Yoshi will turn into yarn.

It would be cool if Yin-Yarn appeared in this too, though.

Back