Yoshi's Woolly World

Re: Yarn Yoshi

Yarn Yoshi
I believe that is the working title. On Nintendo America's official press site, it says that the name is not final.

From the screenshots, I think that the whole jumping behind the background thing will be returning. Since theres a doorway through the background and stitching platforms randomly in the air. Also, a little cave with white gems that has a doorway similar to the one near the strange stitching platform-like things.

So, the rumors about a new Yoshi game ended up being true. I dislike the graphic style. Why couldn't we have a glorious 3D platformer? I'm not a person who judges a game only for its graphic quality, but it's something I definitely care about, so I won't be getting this game.

Ghirahim said:
And it's not the open, 3D Yoshi game similar to Spyro I was REALLY hoping for.

THIIIIIIS.

Also, the second screenshot looks like Little Big Planet.

Sheesh this has got to be one of the most embarrassing Mario forums I've been on. No offense guys but what is it about the Yoshi series that sets some of you off?

Anyway I'm glad Yoshi is making a return to the home console, of course I had hoped it would be something of a grander scale, but this is nice.

Judging by why I've seen, it seems Yoshi eats enemies to add more and more yarn to his body, becoming larger and larger. So I doubt it plays exactly like Epic Yarn. However, Good Feel is known for making games without um... grit. Yeah ever their Wario game was slower and softer than the rest.

Oh, it's in yarn. That means it's exactly like Kirby's Epic Yarn.
Every Atari game has those blocky graphics. That means they all play the same.

180px-Baby_Waluigi.png

I'M GOING TO MAKE MY FIRST APPEARENCE!!!

Maybe the game won't involve the babies, but a new assisting protagonist instead.

MnSG said:
Maybe the game won't involve the babies, but a new assisting protagonist instead.

Well there was a rumor that the a character from a new Yoshi game will be in the new smash bros.

But that's just a rumor, so we just have to wait and see.

Koopaul said:
Sheesh this has got to be one of the most embarrassing Mario forums I've been on. No offense guys but what is it about the Yoshi series that sets some of you off?

Yeah, I noticed a few moments where I felt people were overreacting, but they must have their reasons.

Also, I like the details in the areas from the screenshot of Yoshi running on a hilly area. Like how one of the buttons on the bush is loose. And on a different screenshot, there's a window in the background and you can see shrubbery outside (and they make it blurry to show that its a window, if it wasn't obvious enough).

I don't know, I just love things like that.

Well all I know is that this game will feature someone new who will be placed in SSB4.

NSY said:
Well all I know is that this game will feature someone new who will be placed in SSB4.

It will be Baby Waluigi.

Crackin355 said:
MnSG said:

Well there was a rumor that the a character from a new Yoshi game will be in the new smash bros.

But that's just a rumor, so we just have to wait and see.

If a new protagonist was made to aid Yoshi though, he/she might not be considered fighter material, and may just be an assistant, similar to Navi and Tatl.

Brony the 45th Nazgul of the great Sith Lords said:
180px-Baby_Waluigi.png

I'M GOING TO MAKE MY FIRST APPEARENCE!!!

Would instantly become the best baby.​

I was actually wondering how long it would be untill Nintendo made a game like this. Looks really cool.

Baby Waluigi is just a matter of time. Maybe not in this game, but we will eventually see him. Just wait.

Back