Yoshi's Woolly World

Re: Yarn Yoshi

I'm willing to bet that there will be some sort of reference to Kirby's Epic Yarn in this game.

Yoshi's story+kirby's epic yarn+little big planet=Yarn Yoshi.

Looker said:
Kamek was originally a Yoshi series villain, but has since become a character of the larger series.

I wouldn't mind seeing Yarn Kamek, but I would also like a mixture of new and old bosses, just like how Kirby's Epic Yarn did it.

Technically Kamek is just a Magikoopa in the Japanese version. Anyway once again the villain is just an extension of the preexisting Mario series cast. Yoshi needs original characters to call his own. Please no Mario or Bowser.

Imagine if Mario was in every Wario game! What the heck is he doing there? It's Wario's time to shine, he doesn't need Mario costarring with him.

Well, it appears Shy Guys are coming in this game. I know they aren't Yoshi enemies, but it's their first time in a platformer for quite a while.

BTW, I would like to have an original villain for a Yoshi game for once. Maybe Yin-Yarn? lol

Poppy Bro Sr. said:
What do you mean not Yoshi enemies? They've been in almost every Yoshi game.

They debuted in Super Mario Bros. 2

So technically they began as Mario enemies, and still are apart of the Mario universe (e.g playable in MK7)

Crackin355 said:
Poppy Bro Sr. said:

So technically they began as Mario enemies, and still are apart of the Mario universe (e.g playable in MK7)

and they have been enemies outside of yoshi games too, like paper mario for example.

Crackin355 said:
Poppy Bro Sr. said:

They're technically debuted in Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panikko but they first appeared outside of Japan in a Mario game

I think what Magikrazy was implying was that Shy Guys are more synonymous with the Yoshi series rather than the Mario series, which is what I was trying to imply with Kamek as well.

Looker said:
I think what Magikrazy was implying was that Shy Guys are more synonymous with the Yoshi series rather than the Mario series, which is what I was trying to imply with Kamek as well.

yeah i guess, but its kinda silly to say they're yoshi enemies only or imply that or whatever.

maybe im just jumping the gun but thats what it sounded like.

Looker said:
Yeah, that's what I meant.

I can't wait. I've always been looking forward to a Mario series version of Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Mariotime11 said:
I can't wait. I've always been looking forward to a Mario series version of Kirby's Epic Yarn.

It's not really a Mario series version, just a Yoshi-version of it.

It would be awkward for Mario to take a Yarn form, compared to Yoshi, though.

Time for speculation.

Where is this game at? Why the delay? Has the game been... canned?

YoshiKong said:
Has the game been... canned?

I hope it has

I dunno, it's in the same situation as Shim Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and Mario Golf: World Tour; they all have insane info droughts. I wouldn't lose hope yet.

Hopefully they cancelled it I don't know, but I'm not interested anyway. I don't like 2D games.

I'm hoping it's still being done, they said it was too early to show at E3. Maybe it's just not a priority game and the people working on it are also working on other games

Thermidor 2 said:
I'm hoping it's still being done, they said it was too early to show at E3. Maybe it's just not a priority game and the people working on it are also working on other games

I'd say thats the case in all honesty.

Seems like there are bigger titles being worked on other then yarn yoshi.

Although i do hope yarn yoshi is actually good, i like the style of it.

Drift said:
^lol one of my early posts

Now I'm kind of hoping it was cancelled (maybe it was but Nintendo's not saying anything because they don't want the public to know about a game failure), it just seems like an Epic Yarn ripoff with different characters.

Dracomon said:
Haha, video game company ripping off their own games.

yeah im not even sure how thats even possible.

It's like people saying chaos legion was a ripoff of dmc.

Drift said:
Now I'm kind of hoping it was cancelled, it just seems like an Epic Yarn ripoff with different characters.

yeah, because those two screenshots we got over a year ago definitely show it's the exact same game but with different characters, don't they?

>nintendo shows two screenshots showing a similar art style as another game - accused of copying themselves
>nintendo releases four NSMB, the SM3D games, and reuses material from early games - praised for crafting great games

Back