Yoshi's Woolly World

Re: Yarn Yoshi

PeskyPlumbers64 said:
Has there been ANY updates of this game since it's reveal??

sadly no.

I hope to see more as the style of the game is gorgeous.

I just hope this game doesn't end up being a straight rehash, like Yoshi's New Island. Although, I'm almost a hundred percent certain of what the final boss is going to be.

Yet another battle against Giant Bowser. Such overwhelming originality!

Bat King Antasma said:
I just hope this game doesn't end up being a straight rehash, like Yoshi's New Island. Although, I'm almost a hundred percent certain of what the final boss is going to be.
Good Feel, unlike Arzest, makes actually good, original games like Wario Land: Shake It! and Kirby's Epic Yarn, although the originality in its art style is questionable.

But still, Good Feel makes better games than Arzest, so please don't lump them together like some cancerous mold.

They're not the ones I'm concerned with. I have both of those games, and I enjoyed them. The thing that worries me is that Tezuka's involved.

I believe it's been cancelled and reworked into Yoshi's New Island onto a different system, the 3DS

No. They were originally announced alongside one another as seaparate games. Plus, as Hypochondriac Mario pointed out, they were being handled by two different companies.

Fuck knows, at E3 they said it was too early to show. Nothing new has been said since then.

Yah, I wish Super Mario Spikers was a thing. Next Level Games knows how to make their characters colorful.

I really do hope this game comes out, it looks interesting.

Let's not hope it ends up like the LAST Yoshi game...

I feel that this is simply like PM:SS in terms of development. We basically had no information about it for a year, and we weren't sure if they were still working on it.

Of course, I hope it doesn't turn out the same way as PM:SS did. Plus, there have been many Mario games that we often think they forget about then suddenly turn up information.

But honestly, I just think when they showed it, it was in very early stages of development, and we'll probably get more information about it starting in June with E3.

Because the Wii U has a total lack of platformers in its library and totally needs another one to make up for the lack of them

Seriously, we have WAY TOO MANY f---ing platformers on the Wii U. People always criticize the other game consoles for their influx of FPS's or whatever, but when Nintendo releases platformer after platformer they get a free pass? I mean, isn't New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Super Mario 3D World, that new Mario platformer that was just announced, and now this game all released in a sparse Wii U library, enough!?

Nintendo really needs to tone down on the platformers. We need more Mario sports game like in the GameCube era. Those kinds of games rely on replay value for their appeal, unlike the one-play platformers.

It doesn't have to be one way or the other. Metroid is a platformer, if you're talking about the traditional Metroid.

I like to see Star Fox and Kirby Air Ride (and Link Warriors) on the Wii U. It would look amazing.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Metroid is a platformer, if you're talking about the traditional Metroid.

That's still debatable.

how about another one of those pokémon stadium games like battle revolution *gets kicked out of the building*

Nick Fury said:
I was talking about something more like Metroid Prime.
That would be sweet. Retro makes great games, huh?

I think they're working on a new Metroid game for Wii U. The Metroid pin Reggie was wearing, the Easter egg in tropical freeze. These may seem like nothing, but I think Retro has something Metroid related in store for us.

Come E3, we may know.

I have no real interest in Metroid. I played Metroid Prime, but I quit because of all of it's backtracking and it's so easy to get lost.

We can have other genres, not just Metroid. Just as long as it's not 2D platformer-heavy.

Back