Yoshi's Woolly World

Nabber said:
does the game prevent you from getting all of the yarn bundles if you die during a level? i had a bundle and then i died and it disappeared from my collection
No, it doesn't. You just have to recollect them after dying since they're just replaced where they were originally found. It's like how the Star Coins work in the New Super Mario Bros. games, where you lose them if you die but they're found in their original locations after you die so you can freely recollect them.

i could have sworn it wasn't where i had found it

shrug

the overworld feels really laggy though, loading times for the game aren't too great either

I bought this game and the amiibi thwelve hours ago. I haven't even gotten a chance to play it yet

This is my new favorite Yoshi game. Love it, love it, love it!

The amiibo is incredibly cute. I named him Knit Romney.

So, about the ending.

Baby Bowser wants to use living yoshis to make his castle bigger. Thats really horrible if you think about it.

Sounds awesome. I want a castle made of living Yoshis too.

Respect points for Bowser Jr. Baby Bowser +1.

Yes he still looks and sounds like Bowser jr.

And he tawks wike a widdle baby which annoys me.

I think I prefer the coherent arrogant sassy-pants.

So sassy he even insults his adult self.

I miss that version. I always imagine in my head thats how he is even if the games show otherwise.

haha oh man
so i beat 2-7 today
and then
the game told me everythings free
naturally 2-8 is a castle level so im thinking i should probably pick the immune to fire badge
i felt like i cheated the whole level lol

after that i played the secret
fuck monty mole
thats all i have to say about this level

well
the tap tap one was kinda annoying too until i realized moving him with your tongue is easier than rapid firing eggs

really enjoying this game so far

today i finally beat woolly world, 100%
BUT
not the boss tent or star-S
i have not attempted the boss tent but hoooly shit star-S is such a challenge, i died on the fifth area and had to restart from the start. i guess its the right way to do it since its the "last" last level. will work on it later
on that note
i thought it was really cool, payed some homage to the original but still kept it fresh
the last level took me some time to figure out hitting the colored statues with the same wool but it was pretty cool how they did that
i really loved the entrance to bowsers castle and the music, it just got you pumped up and it was like "this is it", really nice
i also really loved the ending credits how poochy just kept screwing over everyone, probably the most enjoyable credits ive ever watched or had to sit thru

i think this is my favourite game of the year currently, definitely a 10/10. im really satisfied with this game and i think the future for yoshi games is bright

i think the future for yoshi games is bright
As long as that Arzest or whatever doesn't try it anymore.

Good Feel should definitely tackle some more Nintendo franchises, though (wonder what a Good Feel Metroid game would be like :P).

Magikrazy said:
amen

Good Feel should definitely tackle some more Nintendo franchises, though (wonder what a Good Feel Metroid game would be like :P).
that would be really interesting
mad respect to them, like all the games they come out with are top notch

Magikrazy said:

Cuddly yarn Ridley anyone?

Magikrazy said:

Anime-style Samus that's hand-drawn?

Haruhi Suzumiya said:
today i finally beat woolly world, 100%
BUT
not the boss tent or star-S
today i beat those things in the spoiler
and i completed my scrapbook theatre
the last one was a nipper patch and for the longest time i thought it was just a placeholder because it was the last one for me so i thought it was a koopa patch but apparantly that isnt in the scrapbook theatre at all so i just went to get a nipper patch and felt p dumb after

i have no idea how i'm going to 100% this

it seems simple in theory but then there are a bunch of stuff that seem really hard to find

I like how the opening cutscene is Kamek horrinbly dismebering all the Yoshis

kamek is the most evil motherucker in all of Mario

This realy does feel like the first worthy successor to YI. My only complaint is the soundtrack - not agressively bad like YIDS, but dull and forgettable.

Wait till you hear what he wants em for.

Glowsquid said:
I like how the opening cutscene is Kamek horrinbly dismebering all the Yoshis

kamek is the most evil motherucker in all of Mario
Don't mind him, he's doing this world a favor.

Glowsquid said:
This realy does feel like the first worthy successor to YI. My only complaint is the soundtrack - not agressively bad like YIDS, but dull and forgettable.
For those who played Epic Yarn, how does this even compare? I listened to only the main theme of Woolly World and I dislike it.

Glowsquid said:
Kamek horrinbly dismebering all the Yoshis

Kamek's finest stopped clock moment

So much yoshi hate

Back