Yoshi's Woolly World

I have beaten all the bosses in this game before 2016 was over.

Previously, I asked a question on if the bosses have unconventional ways of beating them, and of all the bosses, I only found that about 2 of them fit this rule. What do I mean? Every other boss requires you to ground pound their weak spot, except two of them (Burt the Bashful and the final boss). Doesn't seem particularly interesting, but on the plus side, every boss have their own theme.

This is also a game that makes me appreciate the HP+ bonuses in past Yoshi games, because in this game, the HP (in the form of hearts) are only found on the stage, which is especially frustrating on the special stages, where you only have 10 hearts, which means you can't take any damage at all for the 100% completion. On the plus side, you don't have to gather everything in one go, which makes the experience better.

Thanks for reading.

I know that this thread hasn't seen much activity as of late, but has anyone ever had the impression that the "Lair of the Smooch Spiders" BGM is better suited for a Ghost House themed course?

Alright, I am done with the absolute final level! It was incredibly challenging since there are no checkpoints at all, and the portion that gave me the most trouble is the ice portion, because it's danger on all fronts. I am grateful that this game doesn't require you to collect everything in one go, because the only thing that I missed is found in that area. It was so hard that I have to pay for a badge to get through it. It was an incredible level, especially at the end, and gave me a great deal of heartwarming feelings thanks to how peaceful it all is in the end.

And now, I have to complete the Boss Tent, the only part of the game left uncompleted. Man, those bosses can be surprisingly mean. Although the first three are manageable, Bunson the Hot Dog surprised me, because it's been so long since I beaten this boss that I forgotten how to do it for a while. Took me 3 attempts to do it, though.

Mario15 said:
I think Yoshi Woolly World you can make your own Yoshi design. Do you like that?

No, it's not possible. I can understand why, though: for every amazing design that could be made, a perverted one could be made.

MnSG said:
I know that this thread hasn't seen much activity as of late, but has anyone ever had the impression that the "Lair of the Smooch Spiders" BGM is better suited for a Ghost House themed course?

After hearing what that theme sounds like, you got a point. I haven't played this game for months, so I don't remember what the actual Ghost House theme is like. I guess it's not this theme, but now that you mentioned it, it does suit the Ghost House theme.

Thanks for reading.

That would explain why Yoshi's Woolly World received a discount so soon. For your information, it's 30$ on the eShop, or 40$ if you get the Yarn Yoshi amiibo package.

Kind of disappointing to see the Wii U version got the shaft, but what can you do. It's understandable that the game could sell better this way, so this is likely for the best.

Thanks for reading.

Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World is an enhanced port, it's not a fucking goddamn remake. I think the article for this port should be merged with the main article.

Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World

YoshiKong said:
Maria Renard said:
Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World is an enhanced port, it's not a fucking goddamn remake. I think the article for this port should be merged with the main article.
That's not happening.
Even though it is a enhanced port. It is not really a remake. If it were to be a remake then it would have to be rebuilt from scratch.

YoshiKong said:
Maria Renard said:
Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World is an enhanced port, it's not a *bleep*ing goddang remake. I think the article for this port should be merged with the main article.
That's not happening.

Following what YoshiKong brought up, even though a 3DS remake of Yoshi's Woolly World is coming, it gets its own article for having features that are not in the Wii U version. It's not too different from how Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D was handled.

It is not a remake at all. It is more like an enhanced port. A remake is something that is built from the ground up, this isn't built from the ground up.

Maria Renard said:
It is not a remake at all. It is more like an enhanced port. A remake is something that is built from the ground up, this isn't built from the ground up.
We get that. Super Mario Advance 2 and 3 probably aren't remakes either but that isn't the point.

One of the main reasons that this gets it's own article is that it has a different name than the original. This way the wiki gets more traffic and exclusive features get proper categories and such. Whether or not it is a remake or port is irrelevant.

Maria Renard said:

why are you trying to revolt against an established rule (new title = new article)?

If this really bothers you that much, try brining it up in a proposal because else this ain't gonna change.

June said:
If this really bothers you that much, try brining it up in a proposal because else this ain't gonna change.

I am permabanned on the Wiki so I can't bring it up as a proposal.

Re: Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World & Knuckles Featuring Dante from the DMC series

I believe this is the full title

(also tfw you hit character limit)

in all seriousness though this looks pretty fun. will prolly buy it when it releases. might even donate a poochy amiibo or two to the awards next year lol

Because it scares small children.

What is new in this version of the game anyway?

Some Poochy runner stages, stamp beads are replaced with pencil beads which give Yoshi a pattern design, you can make your own Yoshi design (which is pretty neat) and it comes with 30 stop-motion animations, which are stupidly cute.

Not too much really, if you got the Wii U version all you're not missing out on enough to warrant a second buy, but imo the best part is the Poochy amiibo, which works with the Wii U thanks to an update anyway.

Also it has Daisy amiibo support, which is worth it for me.

DaisyYoshi.png

Unfortunately I don't have a New 3DS or a 3DS :(

You're three months late.

And speaking of amiibo support, the Corrin amiibo unlocks Corrin Yoshi, whereas Cloud and Bayonetta don't receive Yoshi patterns based on them, unlocks an amiibo shirt.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/hardware/amiibo/chart/index.html

Back