Yoshi's Woolly World

Glowsquid said:
RandomYoshi said:
On several layers, it is equal to YI, but on others it even surpasses it.

That's a bold statement.
I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

have to try out the game now, since yi is my favorite 2d platformer id be very surprised if this is better, because it looked good on footage but not that good.

Thing is, it really does open up for multiple ways of playing the game. Plus, you have less health in this game than in YI, and taking damage is more punishing in YWW because you can't immediately recover a baby so your HP doesn't go down. In most cases, getting 20 hearts in a level literally requires you to finish a level without taking a single hit. Of course, you can forego getting 100% and just focus on getting through the game, if you want to do that, and the levels will still be equally charming.

Also, Glowsquid, I just turned Pharaoh Guys into yarn balls normally.

RandomYoshi said:
Okay, so after having played this game for a while, this truly is the sequel to Yoshi's Island I've wanted for [numbers] of years. On several layers, it is equal to YI, but on others it even surpasses it.

That sounds promising.

For those that played this game, how much of it do you feel is prone to being spoilers?

Thanks for reading.

As with every platformer, only the level design and unlockables. The story is generic as hell, so don't even bother with not spoiling yourself on that one.

RandomYoshi said:
As with every platformer, only the level design and unlockables. The story is generic as hell, so don't even bother with not spoiling yourself on that one.

Are bosses something that require unique solutions to beat, or they are more or less generic?

Thanks for reading.

RandomYoshi said:
Elaborate, please.

Using the original Yoshi's Island as an example, there's Johnny the Potted Plant, which requires pushing the pot to defeat. Also there's Raphael the Raven's ground-pounding the stump to defeat.

What I mean by generic is that they just require throwing eggs to defeat. Examples include Burt the Bashful, Salvo the Slime and Bigger Boo.

Thanks for reading.

this is how the world ends
not with a bang but with giant amiibos

Also I saw irl yarn yoshi amiibos last friday. Too bad they were wired the to the booth so you can't steal them :(

Porky Minch said:
Also I saw irl yarn yoshi amiibos last friday. Too bad they were wired the to the booth so you can't steal them :(
i have the blue one

tbh i actually get really sad if i don't get all the wool in a level cos i basically killed a yoshi

so i'm trying to decide whether to get this

i've always liked the idea of yoshi's island but whenever playing it i've never really quite gotten hooked, but this game looks a lot more accessible (plus it's admittedly cute as hell)

what's the consensus on this

I could never get into the previous Yoshi Island games at all but I think this game is amazing, probably the best game I've played all year.

One thing everyone should know is that depending on your file you play on, the Yoshi you play as changes. In file 1, you play as green Yoshi, in file 2, you play as pink Yoshi, and in file 3, you play as blue Yoshi. One thing that's always true though is you can always play as the red Yoshi.

Stargazing said:
What if I want to play as all 3 on the same save file?
buy the amiibos l o l

this is a really fun game
it really captures the elements from the first yoshis island and utilizes them perfectly
i think this is probably the next best yoshi game out there, right next to the very first
it brings back so many memories seeing classic enemies and mechanics such as watermelons again
the music is really nice too
also is it just me or do other people also feel bad killing shy guys when theyre just like chillen on the beach or something
cause man
i cant even do it sometimes

i played the first few levels of this

does the game prevent you from getting all of the yarn bundles if you die during a level? i had a bundle and then i died and it disappeared from my collection

otherwise it's a nice game, the music doesn't feel as catchy as epic yarn's but it's p chill and feels like a nice way to unwind

at least until i get to the actually hard levels

Back