Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

J-Yoshi64 said:
Like with Mario Kart 8, I made a Google Drive spreadsheet for some characters and combinations. One combo for 50cc-150cc, and one special combo for 200cc. Except this time I gave myself 2 combos for 200cc.

Ground speedWater speedAir speedAntigrav SpeedAccelerationWeightGround handlingWater handlingAir handlingAntigrav handlingTractionMiniturbo
Roy Koopa4.254.754.254.52.254.252.752.752.533.251.75
Yoshi Bike000-0.250.75-0.250.750.750.750.5-1.250.5
Crimson Slim0.25-0.250.250.25-0.2500.250.250.250.25-0.50.25
Bowser Kite00-0.2500.25-0.25000.25000.25
Total4.54.54.254.533.753.753.753.753.751.52.75

If your Roy Koopa combination is for MK8D, you're going to have to fix up those stats.

I never tried even a bit to understand what those numbers mean.

Good thing to just use a character and vehicle i see fine to go and just that.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I never tried even a bit to understand what those numbers mean.
That was my initial attitude two years ago. I eventually figured it out: The characters have set stats that are (relatively) high numbers. The vehicle parts alter those stats slightly, by either adding to or subtracting from the characters' stats with (relatively) smaller numbers.

For example, look at my acceleration for Roy.

Roy's base acceleration in MK8D is 3.25. Add or subtract the numbers from the vehicle parts to get the total acceleration of the whole combo.

3.25 + 0.25 - 0.5 + 0.25 = 3.25

Obviously, my combination doesn't change Roy's acceleration, but his other stats do get changed.

Probably the last stat related post I'll make, and it's comparing the stats of my current combination in Mario Kart 8, with the stats of the same combination in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

MK8_Ludwig_Icon.png
MK8MasterCycle.png
CrimsonSlimTiresMK8.png
GoldGliderMK8.png

Mario Kart 8:
  • Speed: 4.25
  • (Underwater): 4.5
  • (Glider): 4.5
  • (Anti-Gravity): 4
  • Acceleration: 2.25
  • Weight: 3.75
  • Handling: 4
  • (Underwater): 4
  • (Glider): 4
  • (Anti-Gravity): 4.25
  • Grip: 2.5
  • Mini-Turbo: 2.5

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe:
  • Speed: 4.25
  • (Underwater): 3.25
  • (Glider): 4
  • (Anti-Gravity): 4.25
  • Acceleration: 2.5
  • Weight: 3.75
  • Handling: 3.75
  • (Underwater): 3.5
  • (Glider): 3.5
  • (Anti-Gravity): 3.25
  • Grip: 1.5
  • Mini-Turbo: 2.75
I swear, every combination I come up with in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, has a 2.75 Mini-Turbo stat.

The stats have mainly decreased, so I don't think I'll be using this combination.

I might as well bring up my primary combo, and its stat differences between MK8 and MK8D.

MK8_Rosalina_Icon.png
Biddybuggy-blue.png
AzureRollerTiresMK8.png
ParachuteGliderMK8.png

Mario Kart 8
  • Ground Speed: 3
  • Water Speed: 5.25
  • Air Speed: 5
  • Anti-Gravity Speed: 3
  • Acceleration: 4.75
  • Weight: 3
  • Ground Handling: 3.5
  • Water Handling: 3.75
  • Air Handling: 3.75
  • Anti-Gravity Handling: 3.25
  • Traction: 3
  • Mini-Turbo: 4.75
  • Stat Total: 46

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Ground Speed: 2.5
  • Water Speed: 3.75
  • Air Speed: 3.75
  • Anti-Gravity Speed: 3.25
  • Acceleration: 4.75
  • Weight: 2.5
  • Ground Handling: 4
  • Water Handling: 3.5
  • Air Handling: 4
  • Anti-Gravity Handling: 4
  • Traction: 3.75
  • Mini-Turbo: 5
  • Stat Total: 44.75

Needless to say, my combo from Mario Kart 8 got nerfed in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

My Normal combo for MK8 is:
MK8_Luigi_Icon.png
or
MK8_Tanooki_Mario_Icon.png
+
TheDukeBodyMK8.png
+
GLATires-MK8.png
+
MK8-HylianKite.png

When I chose this combo, I looked at the stat bars, thought they were good enough, and stuck with it. I don't bother with numbers and such. To me, it's more important to focus on driving well than having the best possible stats.

You, my friend, are a one that understands, even though I kinda think really bad stats could negatively affect your gameplay a lot.

No, if you're good enough at the game, you can win with any combo.

Baby Luigi said:

good luck racing with your roller (or whatever the smallest bike is called in the english version) and baby luigi vs. 11 metal marios online

oh i forgot youre not playing online

well then you can win with any combo i guess

:^ )

online battle mode is actually so much fun though, lot of variety in kart parts and characters

I dont think coins collected online are added to your coin total which kinda sucks if true, like i played upwards of 10 matches with a friend yesterday and didnt unlock shit

Did you exit back to the main menu each time, iirc in og MK8 parts only unlocked for me when I went back to the main menu after a play session which would often be the next time I turned on the game.

No, but I had a feeling that was the case so I tried exiting after a few matches to see and nothing, same with when I booted up the game a day later so idk

Well, chances are you didn't get 10 coins in every one of those races and if it was only 10~ races then that's less than 100, iirc at some point parts start costing more than what they originally do and the unlocks are stretched out further. Assuming you just unlocked a part and then did 10 races then it's still plausible that you just didn't hit the coin total you needed.

if it was battle mode then idk, battle mode might not count but I don't own Deluxe.

Why don't you do the easier thing and play an online battle match , but before check the total coins on the record window and after playing a round go check again if it changes.

Koichi Kizakura said:
Baby Luigi said:

good luck racing with your roller (or whatever the smallest bike is called in the english version) and baby luigi vs. 11 metal marios online

oh i forgot youre not playing online

well then you can win with any combo i guess

:^ )

The funny thing is, you don't want to be neglecting the handling stats, since if you use something like Bowser + Standard ATV + Monster + Super Glider, you'll probably have a tough time winning with the atrocious handling if you're not experienced enough. Also, the abysmal acceleration can bite you real hard once item spam kicks in.

Just played some Deluxe online at my friend house. I can confirm that you do indeed get coins from online.

Online ran smoothly for the most part. A little laggy when selecting courses, but racing itself ran perfectly.

Comparing notes here...

I wasn't the only one that unlocked all 3 Mercedes bodies in a row, right?

I'm pretty sure it's fixed, but there is a small chance it was a fluke.

I unlocked them at 360 coins (W 25 Silver Arrow), 390 coins (GLA), and 420 coins (300 SL Roadster).

I got MK8D last night. It's fun. I'm liking the Splat Buggy with Standard Wheels and Standard glider. All stats seem pretty good except for weight, but that doesn't seem to hurt me much. The graphics are noticeably better than MK8, though not by that much. Concerning Smart Steering, while I'll never use it, it's really coming in handy for my friend, who isn't that great at Mario Kart. Renegade Roundup was fun. In one of the rounds, the renegades (who I was one of) were all trapped in the cage except for Koopa, who was a computer. He braved past the Piranha Plant troopers and saved us at the last minute. I haven't played the other battle modes yet, but I'm sure they'll be great, especially Bob-Bomb Blast, which was, well, a blast in MKDD. Even though I was skeptical about whether it'd be worth it, my friend likes it better than MK8 and my siblings like it, so I think it was worth it, especially cuz it's portable, which I can see myself using sometime.

Back