Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Desmond Miles said:
EDIT: also in like 7 races online i saw about 50 dry bowsers so i think we have a new favourite

Dry Bowser is tied with Bowser, Wario, and Morton in the stat department, so that probably wouldn't be that surprising.

Anyway, I have been able to 3-star the second DLC cups at the 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, and Mirror class. Now I'm at the 200cc, and have 3-starred Mushroom Cup, Flower Cup, and Star Cup.

May as well say that 200cc is insane but also out of control. I like the idea but i'm not a big fan of it.

I'll post track impressions later.

actually an f zero fanboy's wet dream is a new f zero game

they have been begging for one

Someone found a glitch in Baby Park
when looking at the ghost, laps 1+2 are the same as laps 6+7
1429813783-mkwiiphonix-de-marc-41-dbp-gcn-baby-park-splits-glitch-ghost-information-window-duplicates.png

I'm downloading DLC now, excited for Time Trials on the 7 courses plus Baby Park

Guess who just lost all their save data after moving it to the USB device...

pUPWgnr.jpg

Currently redownloading the fucking DLC, but all my unlocked characters and vehicles... Nooo...

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Guess who just lost all their save data after moving it to the USB device...

Currently redownloading the *bleep*ing DLC, but all my unlocked characters and vehicles... Nooo...
It shouldn't take long to get back all the characters. Coins and VR points yeah. It's happened to me because I testing out something. (Don't ask why, what I was thinking did not work)

Vinnie said:
Glitchy said:
Wow it's you, I haven't seen you here for a while.
I forget who you are :(
I played the Crossing Cup
failed on Animal Crossing

Hi I remember you

I played 200cc Mushroom Cup today the CPUs were an absolute joke.

What if they release a new F-Zero but it's a crossover between Mario and F-Zero?

Baby Park: Yeah it's "chaotic" but kinda boring, especially in 150cc and below. The music is cool though.

Cheese Land: I love it, they really did a good job here. It's tricky though, and quite difficult.

Wild Woods: It's cool. Not anything special. The water section is the best part.

Animal Crossing: Sorry to say this, but my least favorite out of all of them. The atmosphere is really nice, but the track itself is kinda boring, and can be annoying, especially on the winter version. It's not a bad track whatsoever though.

Neo Bowser City: I love this track. The graphical upgrades are superb, and it's very fun to race on. It's absolute hell on 200cc though.

Ribbon Road: Wow, this track is unrecognizable. It's very fun, but the anti-gravity section can be a bit annoying sometimes. Very catchy music too.

Super Bell Subway: Best/10. This track is amazing. The music, the alternate pathways, the twists and turns, I love them so much. My new favorite track in the game.

Big Blue: My second favorite track. It's absolutely amazing to race on, very exciting. The layout itself is very cool, especially the final section with the conveyor belts. The music is awesome too.

Super Bell Subway > Big Blue > Cheese Land > Neo Bowser City = Ribbon Road > Wild Woods > Baby Park > Animal Crossing

Also, I triple starred all cups on 200cc. What do I win?

I've managed to 3-star all the 200cc cups, and I must say that it was one tricky ride.

I've played the game since I got home from school.

The item system is so broken in 200cc online.
Examples of how it was broken.
2nd place on Lap 2/3 of GBA Ribbon Road, I receive a Golden Mushroom on the wavy section.
Majority of races, 1-3 Crazy 8's, how? HOW?
3rd place, water section of Big Blue, I receive a Star.
Spiny Shells will actually skip you at times and just fly by when in first, noticed it on Super Bell Subway and Yoshi Valley.
A set of 3 Red Shells hit you, but not at once, then another shell plus getting pushed off the edge of Bowser's Castle.

All those happened online in 200cc races.

But I really got the hang of SNES Rainbow Road, Dragon Driftway and 3DS Neo Bowser City on 200cc. The S curve in the latter is not so bad if you drive correctly. And SNES RR is easy if you drift early and drift the entire U-turn parts of the track

Fire Emblem Character said:
lol *bleep* the 200cc bell cup

Oddly, I did get the 3-star ranking on my first attempt, but I will say that Neo Bowser City can be a nasty track if you don't utilize the brake-drift tactic.

MnSG said:
Fire Emblem Character said:
lol *bleep* the 200cc bell cup

Oddly, I did get the 3-star ranking on my first attempt, but I will say that Neo Bowser City can be a nasty track if you don't utilize the brake-drift tactic.
i utilize that tactic and i still fly the fuck off

Stargazing said:
i utilize that tactic and i still fly the *bleep* off

Any chance that your combo is just too fast? Pretty much every combo that I used had slower top speeds and higher handling. For some examples...

Back