Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

oh yeah, my impressions

Baby Park- Baby Park... it felt slow. I played all of these in 50cc... and this one felt slow compared to what I was used to in DS.
Until I realized I was using the wrong combination and went off to change it. And then it was like "never mind". Baby Park is a clusterfuck, the music is a clusterfuck, basically everything about this track is goddamn crazy.

Cheese Land- I saw a walkthrough of this on the GBA. This is such a graphic overhaul and it's really fun to race on.

Wild Woods- The Shy Guy's singing felt kind of weird without the minecarts. This track overall is average. Nothing too special.

Animal Crossing- fucking animal crossing <33
In all seriousness, all the references broke me, not to mention it's fun as hell to race on.

Neo Bowser City- ... Meh. It's practically the same as in 3DS, minus the antigravity. No biggie. Although they got rid of the propellor. rip

Ribbon Road- My only complaint is that this isn't what I envisioned, but that's just minor and this is fantastic anyways.

Super Bell Subway- I didn't really like this one as much as everyone else. Sure, it's good, but it's not that great imo.

Big Blue- Perfect. I envisioned it like Mount Wario, and it's Mount Wario. Hype, worth it.

Big Blue = Animal Crossing > Ribbon Road > Cheese Land = Baby Park > Super Bell Subway > Neo Bowser City > Wild Woods
None of these tracks were under average, I liked all of them.

okay

Big Blue >> GBA Ribbon Road > Wild Woods > GBA Cheese Land = Super Bell Subway > Animal Crossing = GCN Baby Park > 3DS Neo Bowser City

EDIT:

HOLY SHIT 200CC

LUDICROUS SPEED ACHIVED

I got 8th against cpus on mario kart stadium...

Y'know what's REALLY weird? The fact that I've placed first an entire one time in all my 200cc races... and that was on N64 Rainbow Road.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Y'know what's REALLY weird? The fact that I've placed first an entire one time in all my 200cc races... and that was on N64 Rainbow Road.
I saw that.

I clapped for you, I didn't even see you get ahead of me so I was shocked.

Maki Nishikino said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I saw that.

I clapped for you, I didn't even see you get ahead of me so I was shocked.
Thanks, but I'm 99.9% sure it was just luck, lol.

Just tried out 200cc for the first time. Neo Bowser City was a disaster. I ended up in 3rd (my sister was first). And that was with easy CPU. >_> I was using Tanooki Mario on the City Tripper with Triforce Tires and the Hylian Kite. I freaking hate that right turn before the turn before the finish line.

And no, my sister and I went right to 200cc DLC tracks. So yeah, what an experience.

"Try braking/brake pumping". Guess what, I use Wii Remote + Nunchuk; drifting and braking are the same button. So yeah, extra hard on me.

I can't wait until I use Metal Mario with the lowest acceleration/handling combo and throw in bananas only. :P

My favorite is Baby Park, BTW. Not extremely fond of Big Blue, just throwin' it out there for ya. Can't say what my least favorite track is, though, since I just started racing.

okay im trying a combo with a really low top speed next maybe that helps

wtf in rainbow road as soon as i just presed a for longer than 2 secs i flew out of the course i dont even

I did pretty ok for a first time in Neo Bowser City. Came out first...heh.

Here's the ranking of how I enjoyed the tracks

1. Baby Park
2. Cheese Land
3. Ribbon Road
4. Big Blue
5. Neo Bowser City
6. Animal Crossing
7. Wild Woods
8. Subway (lol i can't even remember the name

Baby Luigi said:
I did pretty ok for a first time in Neo Bowser City. Came out first...heh.

Here's the ranking of how I enjoyed the tracks

1. Baby Park
2. Cheese Land
3. Ribbon Road
4. Big Blue
5. Neo Bowser City
6. Animal Crossing
7. Wild Woods
8. Subway (lol i can't even remember the name
Mario's Metro.

Mario Party Σ said:
Just tried out 200cc for the first time. Neo Bowser City was a disaster. I ended up in 3rd (my sister was first).
Wow. I tried 200cc Super Bell Subway on easy com and ended up in like 5th or 6th.

One thing I found out though is you can tap B while drifting to not hit the walls as much. Though that's probably what you guys are already talking about.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Wow. I tried 200cc Super Bell Subway on easy com and ended up in like 5th or 6th.

One thing I found out though is you can tap B while drifting to not hit the walls as much. Though that's probably what you guys are already talking about.

Yeah even the easy com don't let you off THAT easily. Hopefully the harder CPUs won't be much more difficult.

I already know that, we do it pretty constantly as it's the only way to maintain your position

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Try that with the Wii Remote + Nunchuk. You can't. Because B in that controller IS the drifting button. So just a heads up if you ever plan on using that shitty controller configuration.

200cc sucks on pro controller, only way to brake is to remove finger from a button or be like triple jointed or some shit
still fun though

i liked pack 1 more than this one, if i'm honest
the new tracks are all fairly dull, except big blue, but that's disappointing compared to mute city, so even thats a mixed deal
the retro tracks are great though

EDIT: also in like 7 races online i saw about 50 dry bowsers so i think we have a new favourite

Be glad Dry Bowser didn't get Mario Tanooki treatment, otherwise Dry Bowser would have been the Funky Kong of Mario Kart 8.

^i agree, brakeing does work, but it hurts my thumb after a while

shouldve had acceleration on r or y, heh.

edit: ninja

Back