Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

MarioKartTracker said:
It's almost time!!!! :mario: :luigi: :peach: :yoshi: :bowser:
Not really... I have to wait until 4am tomorrow for it to officially come out. It's currently 9:50.

I will probably wake up at 5, get ready for school, start playing by 6, hopefully... and off to school by 7. Skip after school track to play the the DLC.

I've been listening to the music and I've been getting so hyped for the pack to come out.

What time does Mario Kart's new DLC track get downloaded, provided I already got the DLC package of two? If you do tell the time, please also provide it in time zone.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
What time does Mario Kart's new DLC track get downloaded, provided I already got the DLC package of two? If you do tell the time, please also provide it in time zone.

NA (PST): April 23rd, 2015 — 2AM
NA (EST): April 23rd, 2015 — 5AM
UK (BST): April 23rd, 2015 — 10AM
EU (CEST): April 23rd, 2015 — 11AM
JP (JST): April 23rd, 2015 — 6PM
AU (AEST): April 23rd, 2015 — 7PM

Ok I downloaded, Dry Bowser has same stats as Bowser, thanks he got no Tanooki Mario treatment.
And I am surprised the female Villager actually has different stats from the male one, she has Cat Peach stats.

So I played a bit.

Baby Park was okay, it's neat that every driver is spread out and stuff but it's a gimmick that wears off quickly.
Cheese Land is really good, I actually liked it a lot. Little cheese craters for jumps and it's pretty tight.
Wild Woods was okay, lots of empty space and it felt pretty slow because of how large the road is.
Animal Crossing was good, pretty fun to race on.
Neo Bowser City was good like always, not much changed but the rain is still difficult to drive on.
Ribbon Road was okay, surfing music was funny but otherwise I didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would.
Didn't try Super Bell Subway or Big Blue.

200cc Mute City was fun, I had to learn how to brake but the speed was great.

My thoughts on each track:

Baby Park is complete chaos on 200cc

Cheese Land is pretty good, and has amazing music

Wild Wilds was fun to race on

The Animal Crossing track was good

Neo Bowser City is still great

Ribbon Road was really fun to race on too, they just messed up the music

Super Bell Subway was okay

Big Blue is god tier

also i found the city tripper colours because i was bored

Red- Red Yoshi, Shy Guy, Donkey Kong, Tanooki Mario, Male Villager

White- Mario, White Yoshi, White Shy Guy, Baby Mario

Light Green- Yoshi, Lakitu, Isabelle

Green- Luigi, Koopa Troopa, Green Shy Guy, Baby Luigi, Iggy

Orange- Daisy, Orange Yoshi, Orange Shy Guy, Baby Daisy

Yellow- Yellow Yoshi, Yellow Shy Guy, Wario, Lemmy

Light Blue- Rosalina, Light-blue Yoshi, Light-blue Shy Guy, Baby Rosalina, Larry

Blue- Blue Yoshi, Toad, Blue Shy Guy, Waluigi, Ludwig, Link

Purple- Roy, Wendy

Brown- Pink Gold Peach, Cat Peach

Pink- Peach, Pink Yoshi, Pink Shy Guy, Toadette, Baby Peach, Female Villager

Fire- Metal Mario, Black Yoshi, Black Shy Guy, Bowser, Morton Jr., Dry Bowser

Just did online 200cc. First track was Big Blue and I took 2nd only falling 2 times, then Bowser's Castle which was bad. The turns are hard to make. I kept getting the Crazy 8 so many times. What a hell of a time.

Just played it for a while, got to try all of the new tracks and characters, plus most of the vehicle parts.

Least favourite tracks are Cheese Land and Wild Woods (surprisingly, while the visuals are amazing for Wild Woods, it's hard to appreciate them because the course is really straightforward and kinda boring :I). Big Blue, Super Bell Subway and Ribbon Road are the best. Big Blue is just completely different from everything else (obviously), which makes it so much fun to play on. Super Bell Subway's layout is really cool and I love everything about its design, and while Ribbon Road is probably the most adorable course ever, I really dislike the music.

200CC is the best with both F-Zero courses, Big Blue especially. I really suck atm though, I keep ramming into walls almost every time I drift because I'm drifting too wide for 200CC lol

Isabelle is so adorable <3, and extra fun when using the Bone Rattler + Monster Wheels

I'm gonna get the update on Friday, School Play today.
(I was really aniticipated on Super Bell Subway
and 3DS Neo Bowser City).

just got back from school and downloading the dlc right now

ill be in online for probably a while later so join me if you want

ill also edit this post with track opinions and 200cc opinions

I played Big Blue.

It was okay. The background is pretty but the track itself looks standard. Can nobody else win my heart like Cheese Land?

okay, i'll edit this post with track impressions

GCN Baby Park:
I like what they did with the music. It progressively gets faster each lap and at the end it doesn't even sound like baby park anymore. Else it's still virtually the same clusterfuck, so yeah, not bad.

GBA Desert Land:
I actually remember this course from the GBA I think (or at least the music), a really fun desert track, much better than dry dry dunes or whatever the nitro desert course in this game was called again.

That Shy Guy Woods Track:
Damn this track looks beautiful.

Really fun to play too, easily the best so far.

Animal Crossing:
Okay looks like this track stays pretty true to the franchise, I didn't really like the track design that much (in the summer version i played at least), and the sand at the beach has literally no tractions which makes it act like ice which is kinda weird.

3DS Neo Bowser City:
Meh didn't really like this track in mk7, and since they didn't change much I don't do here either.

GBA Ribbon Road:
WOW

better than i had imagined, fun and fast track, looks amazing, lots of gimmicks and eastereggs.

best track so far.

Super Bell Subway:
I kinda expected more for some reason (lol), because I found the track to be a little short, but fun anyways, and kudos for the original idea.

Big Blue:
Autowin. eZ GG Best Track in the game. Also best music ever.

Back