Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Baby Luigi said:
there has to be at least one Baby Luigi in the pack or I would refuse

we share our bank account dumbass
Baby Luigi Baby Mario is thrown in as part of the deal.

Anyone else notice that in the original promo shot for the Animal Crossing track, when the DLC was first announced, it has the "New Leaf" emblem above the sign at the starting line? Yet it is seemingly removed in the latest video?

Me thinks they are trying to put New Leaf behind them, and will eventually announce a new Animal Crossing game at E3.

Baby Luigi said:
there has to be at least one Baby Luigi in the pack or I would refuse

we share our bank account dumbass
I'm okay with Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach and
Baby Daisy but Baby Rosalina is just bugging me.
I think Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are great!, but
honestly i think Nintendo is going too far with
clones.

Lumastar said:
On one hand a new Animal Crossing (and not something like Happy Home Designer) would rock. On the other hand I HAVE A LIKE OUTSIDE OF VIDEO GAMES!
those are unrelated points lol

Eri Ayase said:
Lumastar said:
I HAVE A LIKE OUTSIDE OF VIDEO GAMES!

hey me too

i also like big macs
Ow, the karma!

Nozomi Toujou said:
Lumastar said:
On one hand a new Animal Crossing (and not something like Happy Home Designer) would rock. On the other hand I HAVE A LIKE OUTSIDE OF VIDEO GAMES!
those are unrelated points lol
I guess you're kind of right, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm probably going to be playing a new Animal Crossing for Wii U a lot.

And I'm going to likely get it off the e-shop. That way I just need to boot up my Wii U and tap the leaf to play.

Eh one animal crossing game is more than enough for me.

So... I have this idea for something incredible that would make me totally forgive the crap character choices they've shelled out so far.

Instead of more non-Mario franchises which ultimately make no sense considering this is Mario's universe, why not bring together the various subseries, including ones starring other characters like Wario Luigi Yoshi and DK, via various subseries-based DLC packs. We could have two or three for the more popular main series games (Galaxy pack with Honey Queen, Major Burrows and Dry Bones; Sunshine pack with Petey, Bowser Jr. and Toadsworth, etc) but also have:

-Luigi's Mansion pack (E. Gadd, Greenie, Luigi's Mansion King Boo)

-Wario pack (Captain Syrup, Mona, Jimmy T.)

-Donkey Kong pack (Diddy Kong, Cranky Kong, King K. Rool)

-Yoshi pack (Kamek, Baby Bowser, Baby Wario)

-Mario & Luigi pack (Prince Dreambert, Starlow, Fawful)

-Paper Mario pack (Merlon, Vivian, Count Bleck)

-Super Mario RPG pack (Geno, Mallow, Smithy)

-Mario Party pack (Ballyhoo, Tumble, Eldstar with other Star Spirits as alts)

-Retro Pack (Foreman Spike, Pauline, Tatanga)

-Misc. Heroes Pack (Parakarry, Stanley the Bugman, Wanda)

-Misc. Villains Pack (Wart, Grodus, Goomboss)

-FREE bonus for purchasing two or more of the above packs: Dark Side Pack (four alternate costumes: Shadow Mario, Mr. L, Shadow Peach, Dark Bowser)

To make online matches simpler, one pack downloads data for all packs, just does not unlock the characters. That way you can play online against someone with any DLC pack with only one pack. Because of the sheer quantity, each pack only adds one cup rather than two. All courses are either highly requested retro courses or related to the characters in the pack. If you have at least one DLC pack, you can race on any of the courses from every released pack, but only online with someone who has that pack.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Instead of more non-Mario franchises which ultimately make no sense considering this is Mario's universe

you need to stop bringing that fucking point up, i mean freaking seriously, you can't really be this obtuse

other than that i like your idea but seriously, stop saying, "OH MAH GODZ THEIR USING NONMARIO CHARACTERS HOW DARE THEY USE POPULAR CHARACTER FROM THEIR OWN FRANCHISES AS GUEST CHARACTERS"

You could have not brought that up as well because billions of people already countered your argument about the nonMario characters thing.

I did say I like your idea, I have absolutely no criticisms against it.

Well thanks anyway. I just felt like if I did not say that, I would get Gamefaqs-esque responses like "instead of that, why not add Zelda, Kirby and Sonic"

I'd buy the pack. Because more content. And Honey Queen.

I'd wish you would place hypothesized race-tracks and cars in your DLC packs, though, they matter to me more than characters since I have an extremely limited use of characters but I guess it's always nice to have a wider variety of CPU opponents. I guess that's my only criticism of your idea but neverthess, it's a decent idea.

nvm you said cups that implies tracks but specifics would be cool

I'd really wonder how you'd feel about playing Animal Crossing, that game series is far less subtle about showing off their other franchises than Mario Kart. The thing is, Nintendo putting other franchises in their games where there is a specific "universe" (like in Animal Crossing's case) is sorta their thing.

I wonder if we will ever have a ''true'' Mario kart where every single character is a variation of Mario.

And every course is Mario-themed. And every vehicle is Mario-themed

My sister may or may not buy it depending on Wario's availability.

And item blocks are replaced with Mario heads

I'd buy it if it had Paper Mario or Purple Mario with red eyes.

As for the Mario Head blocks, only if they're the creepy Mario head from Mario Teaches Typing 2.

I'd main Baby Mario

And every item is a Mario that spawns a Mario.

It could be Double Dash styled with every kart being Mario in a belly flop position (like one of Luigi's taunts in Smash)

The only unlockable character is Green Mario.

Everyone in the audience is Mario too.

There would be a course based off Super Mario 128

Back