Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Gamepad is the best because soft controls and you can watch the map to see players items.

I like the Game Pad the most, but the cost of a useful HUD is mighty, especially if you're playing off-TV or if you're not using a Gamepad.

So when in blazes are we going to hear about that DLC? Summer is almost over and it's suppose to launch at this time. Maybe they're gearing up to release multiple DLC? I certainly hope so, maybe that would mean we're getting another Nintendo Direct this month.

DaKid said:
So when in blazes are we going to hear about that DLC? Summer is almost over and it's suppose to launch at this time. Maybe they're gearing up to release multiple DLC? I certainly hope so, maybe that would mean we're getting another Nintendo Direct this month.

What DLC?

I know the Mercedes-Benz should be in Europe/USA by October but I don't know about any others

Only in Japan, it seems

It's a future release elsewhere.

October is the new summer in America it seems.

SSB4 3DS? Have it in october!
Diancie event? Have it in october!
MK8 DLC? HAVE IT IN FUCKING OCTOBER!!!!!!!!

Finally got my Gold Tires.

NEXandGBX said:
October is the new summer in America it seems.

Diancie event? Have it in october!

Where did you see Diancie is getting released in America for October?

I just assumed it, since Diancie is pretty much deconfirmed for August or September due to the Heracross/Pinsir event.

Speaking of DLC, do any of you actually specifically want something from DLC? I want Diddy Kong and actual Battle Arenas and more ways to play battle like MK7 style Balloon Battle, MK:DD style Balloon Battle with AIs, MK7 style Coin Runners, and a few more mode choices and more Nitro Cups.

3D Player 2004 said:
Speaking of DLC, do any of you actually specifically want something from DLC? I want Diddy Kong and actual Battle Arenas and more ways to play battle like MK7 style Balloon Battle, MK:DD style Balloon Battle with AIs, MK7 style Coin Runners, and a few more mode choices and more Nitro Cups.

P-L-E-S-S-I-E

Duskull said:
No-Face said:
MnSG said:
Ironically, Red Shells are a menace during a race. It's a shame that you don't see them that often in a battle.
honestly it's really rare that i get hit with red shells. it's the green shells that are a pain
It's the opposite for me.
Same.

I usually mostly get hit with Green Shells if the player throwing them actually predicted where I was going to be, which is just good play on their part. The rest of the time it is because they're bouncing on walls which makes it hard to figure out where they'll be going or when someone spams triples. Red Shells on the other hand are made by assholes for assholes. Even with a banana behind me I still sometimes get hit by them (lag or being hit on the side, one of the two) and the coin item gives them an indirect buff.

It can't be helped though. Mario Kart is like a racing version of Mario Party; you can be really good at racing but ultimately luck plays a big part in whether you win or not. Moreso in MK8 because of the new item system. When your luck fails in this game, it can really devastate you.

3D Player 2004 said:
Speaking of DLC, do any of you actually specifically want something from DLC?
Fawful. The chances of that are little to nothing but I'm not giving up hope just yet. Let's wait and see if DLC beyond the Mercedes is even going to happen. I'd also like Diddy Kong, Birdo, Bowser Jr, Petey, King Boo and some more tracks and actual battle arenas.

Unrelated to the DLC topic but has anyone seen this? It's a remix of all the Rainbow Road themes and it's beautiful.

3D Player 2004 said:
I don't want anything specific.

I asked my cousin, and he wanted a Kongs pack with Diddy, Dixie, Funky, and Lanky. However, he noted that Cranky is more likely than Lanky.

He also wants Boshi, but then again he wants Boshi in everything.

Lakituthequick said:
Well, some stuff is going to happen with the amiibo toys. Just what is not known yet.
It could be possible that these amiibo could bring new items to the game and of course, new characters. I just don't understand the concept too much still, are there amiibos for specific series and games or is it like I can take a Pikachu amiibo from Smash Bros and use it for MK8 to get Pikachu?

Going a bit off topic. LTQ, I never noticed your avatar is always based on what the topic is! That's pretty cool.

Lakituthequick said:
Well, some stuff is going to happen with the amiibo toys. Just what is not known yet.
Well, I hope this means we can get more characters, tracks, items, vehicle parts, battle arenas and hopefully fix some bugs in Mario Kart 8 too.

But Nintendo really need to fix a lot of things such as, do not race against characters that you haven't been unlocked yet, get rid of the random character unlocking system, change the starting roster, take out the rival order, add in the race timer in Grand Prix, VS Race and Online mode, add a map system on the TV screen, bring back rear view you get hit by an item, hold on 2 items, let your items fall on the track after you get hit the Thunderbolt, have add a Options menu and add an "Thanks for playing!" screen.

I also want, the character icons and their names appearing near their vehicles, have Mount Wario and N64 Rainbow Road to have 2 or 3 laps and let every CPU player to use every kart, bike, quad, tires and glider. This does not count the gold parts though. And remember, CPU players cannot use a kart, bike, quad, tires and glider until it is unlocked.

I really hope these things will happen in Mario Kart 8 and I still hope that Mario Kart 7 will hopefully have DLC.

I also want, the character icons and their names appearing near their vehicles

What do you mean by that?

Sprag94 said:
Lakituthequick said:
Well, I hope this means we can get more characters, tracks, items, vehicle parts, battle arenas and hopefully fix some bugs in Mario Kart 8 too.

But Nintendo really need to fix a lot of things such as, do not race against characters that you haven't been unlocked yet, get rid of the random character unlocking system, change the starting roster, take out the rival order, add in the race timer in Grand Prix, VS Race and Online mode, add a map system on the TV screen, bring back rear view you get hit by an item, hold on 2 items, let your items fall on the track after you get hit the Thunderbolt, have add a Options menu and add an "Thanks for playing!" screen.

I also want, the character icons and their names appearing near their vehicles, have Mount Wario and N64 Rainbow Road to have 2 or 3 laps and let every CPU player to use every kart, bike, quad, tires and glider. This does not count the gold parts though. And remember, CPU players cannot use a kart, bike, quad, tires and glider until it is unlocked.

I really hope these things will happen in Mario Kart 8 and I still hope that Mario Kart 7 will hopefully have DLC.
I think you just want this game remade. :P

Magikrazy said:
I also want, the character icons and their names appearing near their vehicles

What do you mean by that?
In Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed, there are special icons in that game. (Character icon on the left and the character name on the right.)

Sprag94 said:

We already have all of these except for holding two items
But that would be a bit overpowered

I agree with the map though
I personally think they should give you a choice between horizontal and vertical splitscreen when playing two player

Sprag94 said:
But Nintendo really need to fix a lot of things such as,

Time to refute things.

Sprag94 said:
do not race against characters that you haven't been unlocked yet,

That's not a large problem. In fact, that's hardly a problem at all.

Sprag94 said:
get rid of the random character unlocking system,

...just play a set amount of races and you'll unlock all of them

Sprag94 said:
change the starting roster,,

pointless

Sprag94 said:
take out the rival order,

there is none in this game

Sprag94 said:
add in the race timer in Grand Prix, VS Race and Online mode,

pointless

Sprag94 said:
add a map system on the TV screen,

legit but the gamepad does a good job in single player

Sprag94 said:
bring back rear view you get hit by an item,

that's so utterly indiscernible that you waste your time complaining about something that lasts for only 2 seconds?

Sprag94 said:
hold on 2 items,

that's what made 1st place position broken in the first place

Sprag94 said:
let your items fall on the track after you get hit the Thunderbolt,

it does do that

Sprag94 said:
have add a Options menu and add an "Thanks for playing!" screen.

you mean the options menu no one uses? though i like a "thanks for playing" screen, it's not really a "fix" either.

Sprag94 said:
I also want, the character icons and their names appearing near their vehicles,

near pointless

Sprag94 said:
have Mount Wario and N64 Rainbow Road to have 2 or 3 laps

that would utterly destroy Mount Wario's purpose and you have to reformat the course pointlessly if that happened. N64 rainbow road IS too short though

Sprag94 said:
and let every CPU player to use every kart, bike, quad, tires and glider. This does not count the gold parts though. And remember, CPU players cannot use a kart, bike, quad, tires and glider until it is unlocked.

i personally like that but it's ultimately a nitpick. just like the rest of your "fixes"

Sprag94 said:

mario kart 7 has about zero chance of receiving dlc

Back