Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

MnSG said:
Ironically, Red Shells are a menace during a race. It's a shame that you don't see them that often in a battle.

they suck in battle mode

Baby Man said:
MnSG said:
Ironically, Red Shells are a menace during a race. It's a shame that you don't see them that often in a battle.

they suck in battle mode

Outside of the Triple Shells, Triple Bananas, and Piranha Plant, however, a frontal assault by a Red Shell can be nasty.

Boomerangs and Fire Flowers are still more vicious than Red Shells.

Is first the entire race
Gets a coin
Gets hit by a red shell
Passed at the very end
THAT'S WHAT JUST HAPPENED BUT I GOT MORE VR THAN HIM HAHA

Diantha said:
Is first the entire race
Gets a coin
Gets hit by a red shell
Passed at the very end

The reasoning for that is the VR difference. You probably had much less VR than your opponent.

Diantha said:
Is first the entire race
Gets a coin
Gets hit by a red shell
Passed at the very end

That happens too much imo.
Not counting when the second gets triple red shells, there is nothing you can do to counter it.

I was in first with a Super Horn. Someone uses Lightning and I lost my Super Horn. Guess what came RIGHT AFTER I lost the Super Horn? A Blue Shell, of course!

I got a bullet in 2nd, and I could see the person in front of me. :eek: It got shocked out though.

Just as a reminder, my custom tournament begins this Friday at 1:00 PM ET, and lasts until 8/14 at 11:00 PM ET. I did make a small change to the rules, however.

zlCfzSOzx6cj5U_uM8

MnSG said:
Diantha said:
Is first the entire race
Gets a coin
Gets hit by a red shell
Passed at the very end

The reasoning for that is the VR difference. You probably had much less VR than your opponent.
I thought it was because of my golden steering wheel. But, that makes sense too.

Lakituthequick said:
Steering wheels do indeed reward you more points.
That's good, because I can't live without tilting controls. Unless it's a handheld.

It happened again! I was doing so well, but then the lightning hit me and caused me to trip on my fallen item, losing coins and my first place title, leaving me with second. And I didn't even get more VR than him this time :(
Along with the Twisted Mansion replay that happened like yesterday, this is going on YouTube because I worked hard.

MnSG said:
honestly it's really rare that i get hit with red shells. it's the green shells that are a pain

Nysic said:
Diantha said:
Lakituthequick said:
That's good, because I can't live without tilting controls. Unless it's a handheld.

*bleep*ing casual
I didn't say I wasn't training myself.
Actually, I not training myself. Screw it, I need meh golden steering wheel.

Diantha said:
Nysic said:
Diantha said:
Lakituthequick said:

*bleep*ing casual
I didn't say I wasn't training myself.
Actually, I not training myself. Screw it, I need meh golden steering wheel.

i wasn't serious

i'm pretty much casual too i just use the gamepad

No-Face said:
MnSG said:
honestly it's really rare that i get hit with red shells. it's the green shells that are a pain
It's the opposite for me.

Nysic said:
Diantha said:
Lakituthequick said:

*bleep*ing casual

The Wii Wheel was my main controller for Mario Kart Wii. For Mario Kart 8, however, I'm all the Wii U GamePad, and I don't use tilt controls either. I'm also pleased that the directional pad can be used for steering, as that can spare the Control Sticks some punishment.

I use the Pro Controller for 8 but I used the wii wheel for Wii
The Wii Wheel is actually my preference for 8, but gliding is damn hard, and my dad uses it when he joins in

MnSG said:
The Wii Wheel was my main controller for Mario Kart Wii. For Mario Kart 8, however, I'm all the Wii U GamePad, and I don't use tilt controls either.

This is me

I use the gamepad. The gamepad and its bells and whistles that nobody uses.

Back