Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Well I never played online with DS much so I don't remember, but was it like that in DS? I dunno, but I'd design my emblem to show it online so it would be a bummer if it didn't show online.
My Wi-Fi is a WPA2 connection so I cannot check, as most DS cartridge games are incompatible.

Well hiding custom emblems on WiFi could help with the crap

I highly doubt there was such an option.

Just imagine seeing a NSFW emblem. What's seen cannot be unseen.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
I highly doubt there was such an option.

Just imagine seeing a NSFW emblem. What's seen cannot be unseen.
What does NSFW stand for?

I really hope that I can play with the Wii U GamePad without playing with the iffy motion controls. Like if you could select what type of Controls to play with when using the GamePad. Infact, one of the reasons I don't really like the Wii as a whole and feel like the Wii U was a massive improvement was because the Wii U had the Buttons needed to actually function without Motion Controls being forced into every last game.

Predicting Controls (Non-Motion):

A: Accelerate
B: Brake
X: Item
R: Trick
ZR: Glider
Control Stick: Move
D-Pad: Change Camera
L: Drift

3D Player 2004 said:
I really hope that I can play with the Wii U GamePad without playing with the iffy motion controls.

As do I. I hope there'll be an option to turn them off like the gyro in Mario Kart 7

Baby Luigi said:
As do I. I hope there'll be an option to turn them off like the gyro in Mario Kart 7.

There is. If you watched IGN's E3 video on Mario Kart 8 they showed playing the demo with and without gyro on the gamepad.

3D Player 2004 said:
Predicting Controls (Non-Motion):

A: Accelerate
B: Brake
X: Item
R: Trick
ZR: Glider
Control Stick: Move
D-Pad: Change Camera
L: Drift

No offense, but I would hate these controls. Why should there be a seperate button for opening the glider? Plus, we already know the controls from the demo. I seriously doubt they would change them. R is drift, L is item, shaking is trick. Even without gyro controls on you still shake to trick.

There is this French guy on Twitter named Keyk @Planetenintendo who claims he has played a April demo version of MK8 and tweeted the following info:

Grand Prix Mode can be played with up to 4 players.
Moo Moo Meadows and Toad's Turnpike return as retro courses
16 Nitro and 16 Retro courses like always

Usually this is "grain of salt" material, but what's strange is that these tweets that give said information, have been deleted, either by him or Nintendo. Normally one would assume April Fools, but his tweet claiming he played the demo still stands.

From what I gather, GameXplain had some of their tweets deleted for unknown reasons.

Supposedly their is an embargo for information until April 3rd, which means info may be released either independently, or through Nintendo Direct.

I don't trust leaks unless they're official

He also said there's a frame-rate drop to 30 fps in 3-4 players.

I'm skeptical of the frame rate drop and the Grand Prix thingy.

I will lose my sh!t if we have an FPS drop when 3 or 4 players are playing. We can't have that AGAIN. The Wii U is far stronger than the Wii. That would be unacceptable.

Anser said:
I will lose my sh!t if we have an FPS drop when 3 or 4 players are playing. We can't have that AGAIN. The Wii U is far stronger than the Wii. That would be unacceptable.

^

also it has 2GB ram

I mean srsly

Yeah, I don't believe that.

And if it's true:
EW Moo Moo Meadows.
EW Framerate drop.

I have the game pre-ordered yesterday. All that's left is for the day that the game is out.

小龙怪 said:
Just imagine this: Those cows, in anti-gravity!!!
I bet it won't even have anti-gravity, I find it hard for Moo Moo Meadows to have some sort of anti gravity, it just doesn't fit in my opinion.

YoshiGo99 said:
小龙怪 said:
Just imagine this: Those cows, in anti-gravity!!!
I bet it won't even have anti-gravity, I find it hard for Moo Moo Meadows to have some sort of anti gravity, it just doesn't fit in my opinion.
GBA Mario Circuit.

So Japan has gotten playing cards now. Look neat.

Meanwhile in the comments...

NA must be planning something awesome- they're the only region which hasn't announced some kind of limited edition or pre order bonus. They'd better be anyways. I'll be straight pissed if they offer us nothing ...
*sighs*

Well, we have a red box.....if that counts for anything

Back