Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Squirtle said:
Freakworld said:
Squirtle said:
Nintendo seems to think the RPGs don't exist.

Which RPGs?

The Mario RPGs. Do you really think Nintendo would think Pokemon wouldn't exist?

[/sarcasm]

I feel the opposite to Petey Pirahna.
I want CHaracter Boosts to be more influential like there is more boosts per character but I want them to be in general close to balanced in a way similar to how they Balanced the Characters in Super Mario 3D World, well... if you ignore that Mario was clearly the worst.

well thing is when stats and boosts is balance.

it may be hard to balance an entire roster, especially one like mkwii's, where the character range is pretty good.

Personally if you want more balance though i think the weight system fits the most balance, unlike stats/boosts systems.

LakituderSchnell said:
dangit guys, we've had this conversation before a few times.
Really?

I also don't want stats/boosts systems either because we will inevitably have an unbalanced characters, leading to tier lists.

if you ignore that Mario was clearly the worst.
Making Mario have no unique attributes (other than he has no unique attributes) is asinine by Nintendo. Give him something- extra health, spawns mushrooms, etc.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
If it's copyright issues, they would have said it by now, right?

Well, I think both Alphadream and Intelligent Systems are owned by Nintendo, so

no.

Meh, RPGs have their own separate plot and storyline that goes outside the realm of the norm in Mario games.

I'm just excited because 2 months from Sunday!

Nintendo does know that the RPGs exist.
In Super Circuit, Bowser's Castle from Paper Mario appears in Rainbow Road.
Also, Dry Dry Desert from Double Dash and Dry Dry Ruins from Wii get their name from the desert that first appeared in Paper Mario.
Anyways, I think that Nintendo considers the RPGs noncanon, and so won't make more than a few relatively small references to them.

We might have new Mario Kart news next week, I think on Thursday, by GameXplain.

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-golf-world-tour-previews-due-tomorrow-mario-kart-8-coverage-next-week/

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/224864-first-party-hands-on-impressions-coming-tomorrow-into-next-week

BlimpFruit said:
Nintendo considers the RPGs noncanon
Without the RPGs, Mario canon would be redundant and boring for the most part. "Peach was kidnapped by Bowser," "Mario rescued her," "Peach was kidnapped by Bowser," "Mario rescued her," "Peach was kidnapped by Bowser," "Mario rescued her," etc etc.

Not saying there aren't other events besides this in the rest of the Mario series, but by far the coolest stories happen in the RPGs. With one blatant exception, but we don't speak of that.

Baby Luigi said:
We might have new Mario Kart news next week, I think on Thursday, by GameXplain.
Can't wait for this. I'll be sure to have me a Monster ready.

Misty said:
Mario was kidnapped by King Boo
Luigi rescued her him
Like I said there are a few exceptions, like Luigi's Mansion and arguably Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy. There's also the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, these games all use the same basic concept of kidnapping/rescuing without much else added to that story. (Sunshine did have the whole vacation thing and Shadow Mario but I guess they thought the story was getting too original so they twisted it into another kidnapping story later on)

But let's not go off-topic here, anyone think Mission Mode'll be back? DS was my favorite Mario Kart so far and its Mission Mode was amazing. I hope they bring it back and use another Paper Mario boss in it

I like Mission Mode only for the bosses

Mission Mode is vastly overrated.

I'd like custom emblems back as well, but I doubt that'll return because really there's no way to ban certain images (there will be the inevitable offensive emblem)

Unless they make it so Nintendo has to approve your emblem manually before it can be used online, which could be hard to do with the amount of people online

Well I never played online with DS much so I don't remember, but was it like that in DS? I dunno, but I'd design my emblem to show it online so it would be a bummer if it didn't show online.

Back