Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

The point is that while I allow you over there to have cool things and such, but that some people will only whine when they once get nothing when Europe and Japan finally get something, instead of vice versa. That quoted person is one of those.

I don't know, it's a bit petty to start complaining about this when it might get announced later. I've heard NOA is a bit slow on these things

LakituderSchnell said:
YoshiGo99 said:
小龙怪 said:
Just imagine this: Those cows, in anti-gravity!!!
I bet it won't even have anti-gravity, I find it hard for Moo Moo Meadows to have some sort of anti gravity, it just doesn't fit in my opinion.
GBA Mario Circuit.
Doesn't necessarily mean upside-down cows.

New Super Mario said:
Zae Eildus said:
Petey Piranha said:
Seriously, if Moo Moo f****** Meadows is a retro track.... :mad:

and what exactly are you gonna do?
hey man.

Moo Moo Meadows was great. And that always bring back a few of the more basic courses.

im having a hard time figuring out why you quoted me though

Too lazy to remove the quote or quote the original author, methinks.

GameXplain's latest preview. Confirms heaps of stuff.

haven't watched it all yet but
Returning Characters:
Metal Mario
Lakitu
Shy Guy

New Items:
Piranha Plant
Boomerang (SM3DL/W)
Some kind of Horn Block

Confirmed Courses
Mario Stadium - The game's first course
Shy Guy Falls - That waterfall course from the Koopaling's announcement trailer
N64 Rainbow Road
N64 Toad's Turnpike
N64 Rainbow Road

Great to see Lakitu and Shy Guy again. Not to keen on Metal Mario.

But fucking N64 Rainbow Road. Dat glorious soundtrack.

Nick Fury said:
Great to see Lakitu and Shy Guy again. Not to keen on Metal Mario.

But fucking N64 Rainbow Road. Dat glorious soundtrack.

I thought Metal Mario had no chance of coming back, so I'm pleasantly surprised. Also the stages look gorgeous.

LakituderSchnell said:
Holy crap. I don't know what to say. Well it looks gorgeous.

GBAToad said:
Some kind of Horn Block
What..?

GBAToad said:
Mario Stadium - The game's first course
Mario Kart Stadium.
pfft probably shouldn't have rushed it. not gonna bother updating it either since everything confirmed is already on the wiki (Mario Kart 8) and plenty more mainstream sources than here

but more new items yay
MK8-Mysterious-Items.jpg

also, I jotted down 'Horn Block' because it bears a strong resemblance to the Cannon Box and Light Box from SM3DL, except with a speakerphone instead of a cannon/light

Yay Royal Raceway is back!

I would have preferred Yoshi Valley, but still that course gets no love.

Also YES SHY GUY!

I'm still using Toadette though.

hey, you never know, there could still be another retro N64 track.

but seriously the end of May can't come fast enough, I need this game right now. Everything about those previews was amazeballs.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if Diddy and Bowser Jr. aren't appearing at all. But since Mario Kart roster totals typically end at a value that's divisible by 4 (Miis not included), we might see a few more participants being included, if not one more.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
LakituderSchnell said:
YoshiGo99 said:
小龙怪 said:
Just imagine this: Those cows, in anti-gravity!!!
I bet it won't even have anti-gravity, I find it hard for Moo Moo Meadows to have some sort of anti gravity, it just doesn't fit in my opinion.
GBA Mario Circuit.
Doesn't necessarily mean upside-down cows.

Well I was correct but I know you didn't mean upside down cows.

Also in one of the screenshots, the license plates on the vehicles in Toad's Turnpike actually have numbers but start with MK-#### and not POW or 1-UP which I thought was a neat detail in the older games.

Did anyone notice 3DS DK Jungle was not remixed and used the original theme from 7?

All we need now is GCN Wario Colosseum or Mushroom City and of course N64 Yoshi Valley.

617px-Mario_and_Toad_Mechanic_Artwork_-_Mario_Kart_8.png
credit to YK, he's uploading another batch of awesome artwork on the wiki

MnSG said:
Now I'm beginning to wonder if Diddy and Bowser Jr. aren't appearing at all. But since Mario Kart roster totals typically end at a value that's divisible by 4 (Miis not included), we might see a few more participants being included, if not one more.
We currently know 27. I'd expect Diddy, Bowser Jr, and Birdo to be there. That would bring us to 30. Dry Bones has been in two past games so he'll probably be back as well. That would give us 31. If the divisible by 4 rule still applies, I think King Boo would fill the 32nd slot.

Actually, I was more thinking Diddy, Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, Funky Kong, and Dry Bowser. Of course, instead of Funky, maybe old Cranky Kong could make an unexpected appearance.

Nick Fury said:
I definitely think Dry Bowser has a chance. Especially considering a courses based on him is in the game.
see: Mario Kart 7's inclusion of Waluigi Pinball and not the great waa himself

then again there'll be no excuse for not including DB since the Wii U is perfectly capable of a large roster, plus in essence he's just a reskin of Bowser, and Metal Mario made it in.

Back