Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Seeing N64 Royal Raceway and N64 Rainbow Road legitimately made me teary-eyed because omf those were like my two favorite courses in MK64 as a kid and I spent so much time on them and it's so amazing to finally see them coming back. I would love to see Yoshi Valley come back too, though.

Also, I had no idea Tick Tock Clock was coming back until I saw the wiki. I'm totally not complaining, that's one of my favorite courses <3

Sunshine Airport has leaked yet another two retro courses
O62oHkD.png

N64 Yoshi Valley is clearly visible to the far right, whilst GCN Sherbert Land can just barely be made out underneath it (idk how in this image).

see it for yourself somewhere around here in the GameXplain preview. It's still hard to make out even with HD, but it's there. Yoshi Valley's name also shows up a bit later at 5:43

In other words, YESSSSSSS

Well, my excitement for this game has increased ten-fold. Now I can play Toad's Turnpike, Royal Raceway and N64 Rainbow Road without having to boot up the horrible thing that is Mario Kart 64!

So N64 Wario Stadium isn't getting any attention then. I know that that track has been infamous for that long jump, but that's easily resolved when you refer to GCN Waluigi Stadium.

GBAToad said:
Sunshine Airport has leaked yet another two retro courses
O62oHkD.png

N64 Yoshi Valley is clearly visible to the far right, whilst GCN Sherbert Land can just barely be made out underneath it (idk how in this image).

see it for yourself somewhere around here in the GameXplain preview. It's still hard to make out even with HD, but it's there. Yoshi Valley's name also shows up a bit later at 5:43

In other words, YESSSSSSS
aww man. Sherbert Land? That was one of my least favorite Double Dash courses. I would have preferred Mushroom City

Them graphics though. I'm not complaining about any of the retro courses. (Now I don't exactly have least favorites, but still.)

So if Yoshi Valley and Sherbet Land are in, the total of Retro courses is at 15. Wonder what the last one will be.
We also have 13 new courses now. Leaves 3, which includes Rainbow Road and Bowser's Castle. Seeing they managed to literally screw up N64 Rainbow Road (not in a negative sense), can only mean chaos for the new one. Bowser's Castle.. I have no idea what things that can be hiding now.

480px-Baby_Luigi_Artwork_-_Mario_Kart_8.png

Oh my GOD

This is really shaping to be something really great. It looks like they're really combining some of the best aspects of both Mario Kart Wii & Mario Kart 7

>N64 Yoshi's Valley
>No Wario Colosseum
>playable Metal Mario

no thanks

it's a shame they used my three favorite courses (Waluigi Pinball, Mushroom Gorge, and Airship Fortress) in MK7 aka a disappointing game

TOAD'S TURNPIKE IS BACK ALDKFALDKSFASDFSF I'M HYPERVENTILATING

ROYAL RACEWAY TOO OMG DSALJFADSJFSD THIS IS TOO MUCH

Metal Mario and Lakitu, though...

Metal Mario back, called it. Now just wait him for Mario Golf.

By the way oh yeah N64 Toad turnpike, Royal Raceway and Rainbow road. I love N64 tracks so much.

Northern Verve said:
This is really shaping to be something really great. It looks like they're really combining some of the best aspects of both Mario Kart Wii & Mario Kart 7
If they included mission mode and a double dash mode, it would've been a great combination of aspects from all throughout the series.

Oh God Baby Luigi got new artwork. I'm happy for you, BLOF.

Although it isn't very flattering, to be honest...

Anser said:
Oh God Baby Luigi got new artwork. I'm happy for you, BLOF.

Although it isn't very flattering, to be honest...

His mouth doesn't even look 3D: it looks like a texture. And yeah, it's him getting inked in the face. :[

It's still f---ing Baby Luigi and I love it infinitely regardless.

Nick Fury said:
If they included mission mode and a double dash mode, it would've been a great combination of aspects from all throughout the series.

Double Dash mode ain't happening though

Well, if they included a decent track creator as well that would be cool too but let's not let our ideologies get in the way of realisism

I'm ecstatic that Metal Mario is confirmed! I was waiting for it (but not holding my breath) to happen, and I'm glad Nintendo doesn't give a hoot about fan demands (Baby Daisy). I knew it that there will be veterans from Mario Kart 7; there has been veterans from every game before the new game, but I was legitimately worried that Metal Mario won't return. But now he's back, I'm looking forward to using Mario in all weight classes. :babymario: :mario: :metal: :]

I also love the new artwork of Mario more; it's better than the other bland artwork, so this makes up for it.

As for the new items, I can't wait to use the Boomerang and the Piranha Plant to knock Wario into oblivion. As for the 8 item, calling it "Lucky 8" isn't ideal, and it would be better if it was the 8-ball or something.

Let's hypothetically say that the roster has 40 characters. This is my ideal roster.

Feather:
Toad
Toadette
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Koopa
Paratroopa
Dry Bones
Lakitu
Shy Guy
Lemmy Koopa

Light:
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Wendy O. Koopa
Professor E. Gadd

Medium:
Mario
Luigi
Larry Koopa
Ludwig Von Koopa

Cruiser:
Donkey Kong
Waluigi
King Boo
Rosalina
Funky Kong
Metal Mario
Wiggler
Roy Koopa
Iggy Koopa

Heavy:
Bowser
Wario
Petey Piranha
Dry Bowser
Honey Queen
R.O.B.
Morton Koopa Jr.

>Baby Luigi doesn't appear for five years.
>When Baby Luigi finally appears, he is shown getting smacked in the butt by his brother.
>When Baby Luigi finally gets new artwork, it's him getting inked in the face.

:babyluigi:

I guess one can probably understand why Luigi has always been stuck in his brother's shadow, even as an infant.

Being stuck in the shadow and being the butt are two different things. :P

YoshiGo99 said:
I hated most of MKW's tracks. I really hope for N64 Toad's turnpike, royal raceway, yoshi valley and Rainbow road. Also I sure hope we get new items and the return of the Chain chomp

Quoting this from the first page, since I was randomly on it.

Back