Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

By the way, I noticed they've never remade a Bowser's Castle from the SNES. I'd love to see one of those in MK8.

I'd rather have SNES Vanilla Lake but sure. It's better than a GBA Bowser Castle any day of the week

I was disappointed at the lack of GBA courses in MK7. Only one crappy Bowser Castle. I want to see HD Cheese Land.

MKguy7 said:
I was disappointed at the lack of GBA courses in MK7. Only one crappy Bowser Castle. I want to see HD Cheese Land.

You know I intensely dislike Nintendo's liberal frequent use of GBA Bowser Castles (I mean come on, there wasn't a single Mario Kart game without a GBA Bowser Castle as a retro track yet. Give me a break) while ignoring the several, actually GOOD, stand-out tracks from that game.

They even got the ----ing background wrong in GBA Battle Course whatever in Mario Kart 7

Baby Luigi said:
MKguy7 said:

You know I intensely dislike Nintendo's liberal frequent use of GBA Bowser Castles (I mean come on, there wasn't a single Mario Kart game without a GBA Bowser Castle as a retro track yet. Give me a break) while ignoring the several, actually GOOD, stand-out tracks from that game.

They even got the ----ing background wrong in GBA Battle Course whatever in Mario Kart 7

The only GBA courses ever remade (besides Bowser Castles) were Peach Circuit, Luigi Circuit, Sky Garden, Shy Guy Beach, and now Mario Circuit. It's like Nintendo is trying to make people forget that Super Circuit was good. They're picking all the bland courses, besides Sky Garden and Shy Guy Beach.

I know right? What does Nintendo have against Super Circuit? Honestly? Was it because it was developed by Intelligent Systems instead? -_-;

I can continue wishing for the more interesting tracks to make their debut.

Baby Luigi said:
I know right? What does Nintendo have against Super Circuit? Honestly? Was it because it was developed by Intelligent Systems instead? -_-;

yeah i gotta wonder about that one.

Super circuit was more interesting than mk64.

I disliked Mario Kart Super Circuit because I didn't like playing with the Control Pad, so I don't miss any race course from that game. This is the reason why I also disliked Mario Kart DS. I don't really like Mario Kart games for handheld consoles, actually... I didn't enjoy Mario Kart 7 very much either, even though we had the Control Stick. I think those games are too "empty".

Baby Luigi said:

It's probably more because those tracks are completely flat, much like with Super Mario Kart's tracks.

Baby Luigi said:
Was it because it was developed by Intelligent Systems instead
Well, they get away with hating the Paper Mario series also developed by IS, so I wouldn't be surprised

I dislike Super Circuit but only because of the controls; the tracks are fine in later games due to better controls.

Anser said:
I disliked Mario Kart Super Circuit because I didn't like playing with the Control Pad, so I don't miss any race course from that game. This is the reason why I also disliked Mario Kart DS. I don't really like Mario Kart games for handheld consoles, actually... I didn't enjoy Mario Kart 7 very much either, even though we had the Control Stick. I think those games are too "empty".

I liked Mario Kart DS. It was the game to come out with great courses like Waluigi Pinball, Delfino Square, Airship Fortress, Tick Tock Clock, etc. The courses had a lot of personality for me.

Speaking of Mario Kart DS, why has nobody mentioned R.O.B. in their rosters? I know it's unlikely he'll return but I liked him in that game.

We got to see some Ribbon Road.

I mean, if they make the ribbon twirl they could do some cool things with the anti-gravity.

And Cheese Land, obviously.

Baby Luigi said:

Wait, Super circuit was made by Intelligent Systems!? (So that's why they made the Paper Mario reference...)

Sorry to the Bowser Jr fans but I have a gut feeling that the koopalings replaced him.

MKguy7 said:
Speaking of Mario Kart DS, why has nobody mentioned R.O.B. in their rosters? I know it's unlikely he'll return but I liked him in that game.

That's why he hasn't been mentioned in roster

3D Player 2004 said:
Sorry to the Bowser Jr fans but I have a gut feeling that the koopalings replaced him.

I disagree. They wouldn't remove Bowser Jr.

3D Player 2004 said:

This was my initial thought after the Ndriect. I mean it makes so much sense how Bowser Jr. replaced the Koopalings and now the Koopalings replace him.

Then again that theory is complete BS.

We need MOAR KONGS. If they confirm more Kongs as playable characters, I'll be so happy that, that...

I'll perform a cover of "Favorite Foods" wearing a smiley bucket in my head and post it here. :dk:

Again, Super Circuit had those tracks that changed into night once a lap or two has been reached; other tracks rely on a timer, but Super Circuit's is based purely on lap count. I wish that feature can return and be expanded. We could have some really interesting tracks if it did return.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
We need MOAR KONGS. If they confirm more Kongs as playable characters, I'll be so happy that, that...

I'll perform a cover of "Favorite Foods" wearing a smiley bucket in my head and post it here. :dk:

I would only accept Dixie Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. (I don't care about that chronology theory, that's BS) or Baby Donkey Kong, and I would accept it if only ONE made it in. More than one would be going overboard D: Also, we still don't know if Funky Kong is returning, but he most likely will.

Back