Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

The Bullet Plane looks awesome

We also have Super Duel Mode designs, which can be easily incorporated into Mario Kart 8's emphasis on "custom" kart models.

Egg_body.png
Choochoo_body.png

Cloud_body.png
Star_body.png

The closest Mario Kart body pales in comparison to these. The Egg body looks better than the Egg 1 and the Cloud body looks cooler than the Lakitu cloud, for instance.

A feature I'd be really happy to see would be the ability to choose your CPU Characters so that people who don't like certain characters (eg: Babies, Rosalina, Koopalings for me) don't have to play with them.

If not, people can just use a cheat code to force the game to put just Warios as opponents. :P

Did anyone else notice in the trailer that in Tick Tock Clock, the Triple Mushrooms orbit Mario?

spK1km2Fysn68kG_tRgVeGor9ZG-iZ-gjOkZtXaIjNc

Does this mean people can steal them?

MKguy7 said:
Ice Flower - Functions like Fire Flower, but instead of just spinning out they would freeze like on GCN Sherbet Land. Also could have less shots than Fire Flower.

Boomerang Flower - You could have 5 shots, and when shot at someone would steal their item and spin them out.

These two sound cheap

infinite8 said:
Well, what about triple bananas? Will they orbit or still trail behind the kart?

We don't know but I still think it will trail

MKguy7 said:
Here are some items I thought of.

Ice Flower - Functions like Fire Flower, but instead of just spinning out they would freeze like on GCN Sherbet Land. Also could have less shots than Fire Flower.

Boomerang Flower - You could have 5 shots, and when shot at someone would steal their item and spin them out.

Metal Box - Like the star, gives invulnerability to attacks, but unlike the star, it cannot spin people out, and does not increase off-road. Basically downgraded star that racers higher up could use.

Yellow Shell -Basically a green shell, but when it hits someone it explodes.

Double Cherry - Briefly makes 2 of you that race side-by-side. Duplicates items you get and if one falls or gets hit, it disappears.
I actually like all of these ideas except the yellow shell and boomerang flower
DragonFreak said:
You like or don't like?
don't like

infinite8 said:
New Analysis
*video*

Baby Luigi liked this post

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed by the fact that the North American boxart is going to have a red case... I want to keep things in order and all similar (Kind of OCD, although I know it's not). Admittedly, it's also because it reminds me of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which is a game I strongly dislike. It always bothered me how all my Wii games cases were white except for that one. Good thing I got rid of it and sold it at GameStop.

Oh well. I hope we get some more info in the following weeks!

^shoulda kept it if you we're willing to play a NSMBW hack by the name of Newer...

Anyone notice the 2 recent trailers showed no sign of Koopa Troopa, there were Koopas as fans but Koopa was not driving ever! Little worried if he was temporary for E3. :/

Same with the Princess Babies and Rosalina but that's probably cuz they kinda got their own trailer just like the Koopalings.

Also I noticed when someone (Roy was one of them, maybe Yoshi?) gets hit by a shell they lose their item which Roy had a Green Shell, but it didn't drop onto the track it just shattered. Does this mean items are easier to lose?

YoshiGo99 said:
^shoulda kept it if you we're willing to play a NSMBW hack by the name of Newer...

Anyone notice the 2 recent trailers showed no sign of Koopa Troopa, there were Koopas as fans but Koopa was not driving ever! Little worried if he was temporary for E3. :/

Same with the Princess Babies and Rosalina but that's probably cuz they kinda got their own trailer just like the Koopalings.

Also I noticed when someone (Roy was one of them, maybe Yoshi?) gets hit by a shell they lose their item which Roy had a Green Shell, but it didn't drop onto the track it just shattered. Does this mean items are easier to lose?

Trust me, there are no temporal characters. If he appeared in the E3 version, he will appear in the final game. Characters being cut after being revealed only happens with fanmade games. Koopa's in, don't worry :D

I don't know about that last part. I hope it's not like that. I hope characters drop their items instead of them just disappearing.

Anser said:
I have to say that I'm a little disappointed by the fact that the North American boxart is going to have a red case... I want to keep things in order and all similar (Kind of OCD, although I know it's not). Admittedly, it's also because it reminds me of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which is a game I strongly dislike. It always bothered me how all my Wii games cases were white except for that one. Good thing I got rid of it and sold it at GameStop.

Oh well. I hope we get some more info in the following weeks!

I like the red case. It'll make it easier to find Mario Kart 8, a game that I'll probably play a lot.

BTW, why in the world would they waste time to cut Koopa Troopa from the roster? Trust me, this never EVER happens in Mario Kart: they just don't go around showing off characters being playable and then cutting them off.

It's shaping up to be the most outstanding Mario Kart ever

Hopefully the battle mode will be good

Ultimately, it's the Battle Mode that matters. For us.

I hope it isn't as much as a pain in the ass to choose your teammates like in Mario Kart Wii.

infinite8 said:
I just noticed that the bike body Larry Koopa has on his bike...
640px-Larry_Koopa_MK8.PNG

...is the same bike body that Rosalina has on her bike.
640px-MarioKart8RosalinaBike.jpg

I don't think so.
By the way, the bike Rosalina is riding seems to be Daisy's bike because of her flower symbol and yellow and orange color.

Cirdec said:
I don't think so.
By the way, the bike Rosalina is riding seems to be Daisy's bike because of her flower symbol and yellow and orange color.
I was talking about the bike's design (but different wheels), not it's paint job and it's decals.

Much like in Mario Kart 7, certain vehicle bodies will have their colors changed, depending on who's using the body.

Back