Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Fighter Zae said:
personally id rather them ditch retro courses altogether and just make new ones.

24 new tracks per game would be awesome.

This. But it would be 32, not 24 :) Or even more if they somehow create new cups (which is something I'm not quite sure why they haven't done yet)! Shine Sprite Cup, Ice Flower Cup, 1-Up Mushroom Cup, Cloud Cup, whatever!

And I insist the cups should have 5 tracks instead of 4 like the original Super Mario Kart.

I don't know how many times I've said those words in this forum, really...

Anser said:
Fighter Zae said:
personally id rather them ditch retro courses altogether and just make new ones.

24 new tracks per game would be awesome.

This. But it would be 32, not 24 :) Or even more if they somehow create new cups (which is something I'm not quite sure why they haven't done yet)! Shine Sprite Cup, Ice Flower Cup, 1-Up Mushroom Cup, Cloud Cup, whatever!

And I insist the cups should have 5 tracks instead of 4 like the original Super Mario Kart.

I don't know how many times I've said those words in this forum, really...

oh 32, even better.

Seems i never get enough tracks in some racing games which is a pitty.

I'm not against reusing the same course a second time along as it was didn't appear in the last couple of games.

Anna said:
Each game will always have a minimum of 16 tracks that they could use, since the previous game will not have all those tracks. The more they reuse, the more that they'll have courses that never become retro tracks.

What makes you so sure they'll stick to 16 retro tracks?

Exactly. They could just do 12 or so this time around.

Giga12 said:
Exactly. They could just do 12 or so this time around.

They're not gonna make it uneven

What I meant is that they might even have 40 tracks total, like Super Circuit

That would be amazing. Maybe even a game where every track from Super Circuit is returned?

That'd be amazing, but unrealistic, considering we'll be ignoring every other Mario Kart installment

Baby Luigi said:
That'd be amazing, but unrealistic, considering we'll be ignoring every other Mario Kart installment

It would be the opposite of what's currently happening. Nothing but Super Circuit.

This guy pointed out how the description is conspicuously similar to a page on Fantendo...

Yeah, I don't see Nintendo being 3 months away from release and then being like

"Oh hey here's a huge feature that we forgot to mention"

Would anyone else like special items to return? I really liked those in Double Dash. Then again, they would probably have trouble making special items for every single individual character...

Freakworld said:
MKguy7 said:
Would anyone else like special items to return?

Me. Just please give the babies a less overpowered item. Thank you.
I found it to be somewhat balanced. You cannot get the chain chomp if you were in 1st-5th, plus the Babies were lightweight, I never really found myself getting hit by a Chain Chomp to much.

I did like the idea of having a special item but to me it would be cool if there like some sort of like Gumball machine thing and it gives you a random Special item for the race or the entire cup. It would seem interesting instead of each character have their own specific special item.

I hate them ever since I lost a mirrored full cup (the one with all the tracks) by one point because I was hit by a chain chomp at the last track.

YoshiGo99 said:
I did like the idea of having a special item but to me it would be cool if there like some sort of like Gumball machine thing and it gives you a random Special item for the race or the entire cup. It would seem interesting instead of each character have their own specific special item.
That's a pretty cool idea, I hope Nintendo has something similar in Mario Kart 8.

Freakworld said:
I hate them ever since I lost a mirrored full cup (the one with all the tracks) by one point because I was hit by a chain chomp at the last track.
If you were good, you wouldn't have been in that situation where you had to get 1st on the last track to win.

3D Player 2004 said:
Freakworld said:
If you were good, you wouldn't have been in that situation where you had to get 1st on the last track to win.

No, I would've won if I got anything better than 5th or so, but I got 7th.

But the Chain Chomp isn't that hard to dodge. It's like an approaching ambulance: when you see the Chain Chomp icon, veer to the side and just let the person pass.

Furthermore, I don't see how the Chain Chomp is any more broken than the Bullet Bill, nor the Golden Mushroom. The Golden Mushroom lets you cut through places and you can use it freely while one hit from an item, especially a fake item box, will let your Chain Chomp free (don't forget what happens if your Chain Chomp happens to stop when you're in a curve).

Besides Baby Mario and Baby Luigi deserve a powerful item

Back