Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I think the Spiny Shell honestly shouldn't knock you a random direction: my god how luck based that it is.

I think the frequency isn't that bad from what I played in Mario Kart 7.

btw, I HOPE you don't need like a ----ing absurd amount of coins to unlock the last part

the game had deluded me so much from playing all of these races consecutively that I played as ----ing Yoshi for all 8 cups.

Baby Luigi said:
the game had deluded me so much from playing all of these races consecutively that I played as ----ing Yoshi for all 8 cups.
You can choose to stop playing, you know. Any time.

I think the whole coin system is stupid and annoying, but maybe that's because the amount of coins required to get certain things is nonsensical.

I also don't like how you lose three coins every time you get hit. I think you should either lose less coins per hit, or be allowed to have more than 10 coins, with the speed boost capping at 10.

I'm expecting something bullshitty and ridiculous to become part of the roster this time. I don't know, Meowser or the Cosmic Witch. I can tell either of them is going to happen, or something even worse.

Anser said:
I'm expecting something bullshitty and ridiculous to become part of the roster this time. I don't know, Meowser or the Cosmic Witch. I can tell either of them is going to happen, or something even worse.

What could be worse than those two characters?

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Anser said:

MANY things. Trust me. Goomba, Baby Waluigi, Baby Birdo, R.O.B, etc.

Anser said:
ThePremiumYoshi said:
Anser said:

MANY things. Trust me. Goomba, Baby Waluigi, Baby Birdo, R.O.B, etc.

Well, Goomba wouldn't be that bad for me and R.O.B is very unlikely to return. But I think there'll be a Baby Toad before a Baby Birdo.

I don't think Toadette was a bullcrap and ridiculous choice to be playable.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't think Toadette was a bullcrap and ridiculous choice to be playable.

Did he say that?

Well, it IS some sort of trend in Mario Kart games

Mario Kart Wii had Baby Daisy (doesn't stop me from liking her but her haters....eewwwwwww)
Mario Kart 7 had Metal Mario

Now that I think about it, I haven't actually seen a Toadette hater anywhere... not that I remember, anyway.

I've seen people hate Toadette the same way people hate Daisy and Waluigi: being filler

But I suppose she's liked after she got a role in Thousand Year Door? Or maybe she's just cool, similar to how I think of her.

Well, she's not hideous like Waluigi or annoying to some like Daisy, so that may be why she isn't hated as much as Daisy or Waluigi.

As a person who hates Daisy and Waluigi, I say Toadette's fine. I don't care too much about her, but she's fine.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
I also don't like how you lose three coins every time you get hit. I think you should either lose less coins per hit, or be allowed to have more than 10 coins, with the speed boost capping at 10.
Like in Diddy Kong Racing. That game handed its bananas better than Mario Kart 7's coins.

Getting points in battle mode, both Balloon Battle and Coin Runners should've translated to coins, but no, Nintendo wants you to race, race, and race until you die of agony. The goal to reach 20,000 coins is obscene.

I feel like Rosalina was filler in Super Mario Galaxy and never should have been in so many games.
On a more topic note; They should put unlockables in for every 20 Coins until they stop permanently to keep people interested.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
[The goal to reach 20,000 coins is obscene.

Reaching 10,000 coins is already awful enough, but, nope, Nintendo wants you to do TWICE that amount. WTF, did anyone play test that!?!

Baby Luigi said:

Reaching 10,000 coins is already awful enough, but, nope, Nintendo wants you to do TWICE that amount. WTF, did anyone play test that!?!

20 000 coins isn't necessary, getting 10 000 VR in online is faster.

Cirdec said:
Baby Luigi said:

20 000 coins isn't necessary, getting 10 000 VR in online is faster.

I don't touch online

Because online is the best place to get your ears destroyed or at least your windows broken.

Hell, no, I like my VR to stay at 1000 just to show how much daminations I give about CPU-less online play.

... Don't touch online?

What the hell is the point of Mario Kart w/o online nowadays? Once you go in, you can't go back...

The point of Mario Kart w/o online is to focus on your efforts to exterminate some select computer players. Oh, and modding as well. I'd rather have ability to softmod my games than have access to online racing.

The point of Mario Kart w/o online is to focus on your efforts to exterminate some select computer players. Oh, and modding as well. I'd rather have ability to softmod my games than have access to online racing.
Speaking of which, (and I apologize for the slightly off-topic) is there a way to load custom tracks/music in MKW in the same way Project M is loaded for Brawl? Because I can't touch anything homebrew/gecko related or I just get freezes.

Count Bleck said:
Speaking of which, (and I apologize for the slightly off-topic) is there a way to load custom tracks/music in MKW in the same way Project M is loaded for Brawl? Because I can't touch anything homebrew/gecko related or I just get freezes.
Riivolution is one solution.

http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/How_To_Play_Custom_Tracks

But you have to mod your Wii.

Back