Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Count Bleck said:
The point of Mario Kart w/o online is to focus on your efforts to exterminate some select computer players. Oh, and modding as well. I'd rather have ability to softmod my games than have access to online racing.
Speaking of which, (and I apologize for the slightly off-topic) is there a way to load custom tracks/music in MKW in the same way Project M is loaded for Brawl? Because I can't touch anything homebrew/gecko related or I just get freezes.
Riivolution is one solution.
I've looked into it, but that too seems complicated, also I only have one SD card and I'm using it for Project M. My only other one is for my phone, and I doubt I can have mods for 2 different games on one SD card

Yes, you can have mods for different games on your SD card. In just one SDHC card, Baby Luigi and I have folders for New Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Super Sluggers, and Mario Sports Mix, all modded with the Riivolution loader.

What step are you stuck in?

I haven't actually done anything with that particular method yet, but I doubt it will end in success due to me being a dumbass. Also how do the games find the right folders to go to? I'm confused

In the Riivolution folder in the root of your SD card, there are XML files. These tell the game where to look for the files you want to replace.

Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
<id game="RMK"/>
<options>
<section name="Testing">
<option name="/Crap Replacement">
<choice name="Enabled">
<patch id="WarioSportsMixfolder"/>
</choice>
</option>
</section>
</options>
<patch id="WarioSportsMixfolder">
<folder external="/WarioSportsMix" recursive="false"/>
<folder external="/WarioSportsMix" disc="/"/>
</patch>
</wiidisc>

For instance, the game here is Mario Sports Mix (game ID is RMK, as how Brawl is RSB, as in RSBE01). The XML here is telling Riivolution to load files (here, just BRSTMs) from a folder called "WarioSportsMix" (in Brawl, the default folder name is brawlmods).

A new Nintendo Direct is confirmed for tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers for some stellar MK8 news.

Wayoshi said:
What the hell is the point of Mario Kart w/o online nowadays? Once you go in, you can't go back...

The point is to play Mario Kart directly with your friends and twins and have a much better time out of it than racing some strangers </elitist lawl>

In the Riivolution folder in the root of your SD card, there are XML files. These tell the game where to look for the files you want to replace.

Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
<id game="RMK"/>
<options>
<section name="Testing">
<option name="/Crap Replacement">
<choice name="Enabled">
<patch id="WarioSportsMixfolder"/>
</choice>
</option>
</section>
</options>
<patch id="WarioSportsMixfolder">
<folder external="/WarioSportsMix" recursive="false"/>
<folder external="/WarioSportsMix" disc="/"/>
</patch>
</wiidisc>

For instance, the game here is Mario Sports Mix (game ID is RMK, as how Brawl is RSB, as in RSBE01). The XML here is telling Riivolution to load files (here, just BRSTMs) from a folder called "WarioSportsMix" (in Brawl, the default folder name is brawlmods).

It would be just easier if you just gave him our Mario Kart Wii .XML file in the code, just saying.

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nintendo

Oh ----

Oh well at least Baby Weegee's there

Did they SERIOUSLY add ALL SEVEN KOOPALINGS as playable?! Seriously, waste 7 CHARACTER SLOTS on basically the same shitty character but with different colors and different hairstyles? Way to go, Nintendo. That is even worse than Metal Mario or Meowser.

I hope that they are a just 1 character slot, where you can select the options from there, but we all know that is probably not true.

Well, we reached 24 characters now....

there's going to be more than 24 characters at this rate

Anser said:
Did they SERIOUSLY add ALL SEVEN KOOPALINGS as playable?! Seriously, waste 7 CHARACTER SLOTS on basically the same shitty character but with different colors and different hairstyles? Way to go, Nintendo. That is even worse than Metal Mario or Meowser.
1369762202289.png

I for one welcome our new Koopaling overlords.

GalacticPetey said:
Anser said:
1369762202289.png

I for one welcome our new Koopaling overlords.
Yeah, pretty much this.

Well, let's see.....

Dry Bones
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Dry Bowser
King Boo
Funky Kong

All of them were in the last Mario Kart Wii. If they have 30 characters, then they'll most likely be the new additions.

But they also have to fight for their spot with...

Shy Guy
Lakitu
Metal Mario
Honey Queen

And not to mention if any new characters that they haven't revealed are added.

And, I'm not really upset, just surprised. I just...did not think Nintendo would ever just fill 7 slots in Mario Kart with such...similar characters.

Ira Gamagoori said:
Koopalings as characters...............

what am i supposed to feel

ashamed

i mean the game still looks good but i dunno about that roster.

That was without a doubt one of the shittiest additions EVER. I would have preferred Meowser or something like that. It will be so annoying seeing the results screen like:

1 ) Wendy O. Koopa
2 ) Luigi
3 ) Peach
4 ) Iggy Koopa
5 ) Morton Koopa
6 ) Ludwig Von Koopa
7 ) Wario
8 ) Toad
9 ) Roy Koopa
10 ) Lemmy Koopa
11 ) Mario
12 ) Larry Koopa

... All filled with Koopas. How shitty. I'll be even madder if no more newcomers make it to the game because of these things. Lubba, Toadsworth, E. Gadd deserved a spot more than these things. Even Magikoopa and Hammer Bro were more deserving.

Back