Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I can't wait to play as Ludwig.

He did say something along the lines of a wide variety of characters so I expect a roster of 36-48? Maybe if downloadable content is made for the game then maybe we will see way more characters and courses? Maybe see like a Christmas and Haunted DLC pack

Koopalings become a playable in MK8 now?

Special characters in Wii U:
Super Mario 3D World: Rosalina
Mario Kart 8: Koopalings

Unconfirmed:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: King K. Rool (He'll playable in DKC?)

infinite8 said:
Seven Koopalings. No Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, Dry Bowser.

You think that's odd? Diddy Kong never showed up at all.

But you'd have to admit, the Koopalings are finally getting a playable spot.

Hotaru Tomoe said:
Anser said:
Did they SERIOUSLY add ALL SEVEN KOOPALINGS as playable?!

well they're sort of a package deal, you can't really leave any out, y'know?
Which is why they aren't a good addition without making up for it.

All people are clamouring about are the Koopalings and neglecting how bloody awesome the new tracks look, and the redesigned retro ones.

Confirmed new retro tracks:
GBA Mario Circuit (now with a new antigravity incline)
Wii Grumble Volcano (new jumps?)
3DS DK Jungle

I saw a track that had shades of Toad Factory in it but I think it's just a new industrial/factory-type track.

As for the Koopalings, you guys asked for new characters, and we got them. I wish I could get close-ups on their kart symbols though.

Well, I'm just thinking of balance now...

They are all probably medium size, and it we be a bit weird to see like 2 in small, 3 in medium, and 2 in big, so...

I wouldn't think Nintendo would f up like that. Sometimes tells me that they ARE seen as a packaged deal. I have a feeling that they will only take one character slot in the main character select screen where you'll get to pick from there. Which would technically mean that there are only 18 characters.

I'll just be very pissed if these are all the characters. Dear Nintendo, please don't do that to us.

Also, please tell me that I wasn't the only one to notice how great the game looks now! Did you see how they edited That MK7 DK course so that it uses anti-gravity? And also grumble volcano? Plus look how great Sun Coaster looks!!!

EDIT - ninja'd.

Anna said:
Well, I'm just thinking of balance now...

They are all probably medium size, and it we be a bit weird to see like 2 in small, 3 in medium, and 2 in big, so...

I wouldn't think Nintendo would f up like that. Sometimes tells me that they ARE seen as a packaged deal. I have a feeling that they will only take one character slot in the main character select screen where you'll get to pick from there. Which would technically mean that there are only 18 characters.

I'll just be very pissed if these are all the characters. Dear Nintendo, please don't do that to us.

Also, please tell me that I wasn't the only one to notice how great the game looks now! Did you see how they edited That MK7 DK course so that it uses anti-gravity? And also grumble volcano? Plus look how great Sun Coaster looks!!!

EDIT - ninja'd.
all medium size?

I doubt it.

I mean, Lemmy is obviously small, and Roy and Morton are big enough to be large.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Hotaru Tomoe said:
Anser said:
Did they SERIOUSLY add ALL SEVEN KOOPALINGS as playable?!

well they're sort of a package deal, you can't really leave any out, y'know?
Which is why they aren't a good addition without making up for it.

Exactly. They shouldn't have been added at all. It will feel like I'm racing against the same character multiple times, at the same time. Normally (Double Dash excluded), no more than 6 newcomers make it to every Mario Kart. God, how angry I'll get if no other new character makes it in...

The retro tracks look nearly unrecognizable, lol. I couldn't tell if they were retro or nitro.

I'd be pissed too if our character roster doesn't somehow accommodate this influx of generic bowserlings.

Anna said:
I have a feeling that they will only take one character slot in the main character select screen where you'll get to pick from there. Which would technically mean that there are only 18 characters.
That would still qualify as 7 separate characters, and this also implies there can be only one Koopaling in the track while you see seven of them. The only purpose this will serve is to condense the roster size.

MK8_Koopalings.jpeg

Is there artwork of any other character? Like for Baby Luigi, please?

Really imaginative logos, Koopalings.

I wonder if Grumble Volcano still has that shortcut that everyone loved.

Probably not, since it's a badly programmed aspect that Nintendo will be hard-pressed to successfully replicate.

Lakitu de Vlot said:
I'm surprised for the Koopalings. But I really don't complain like everyone else does.

I honestly don't care who gets in as long as he's in it

Too bad I have the capacity to complain because my guy is a virtual guarantee.

You know how coincidental this is? We ordered 4 Koopalings plushies for our birthday and they're still being shipped

I know. :(

How do you know they're still being shipped?

They didn't arrive yet

BTW, has anyone noticed the triple mushrooms are laid out like triple shells?

Wait, you mean like Lucky 7 mushrooms?

Oh, but the e-mail confirmation thingy?

</personal life chatting>

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Wait, you mean like Lucky 7 mushrooms?

Kinda like that except it's triple mushrooms instead of triple shells

Back