Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Because it IS Rosalina

Who else could that honestly be? Process of elimination seems to be in her favor

Lakitu de Vlot said:
Never expected her to appear on the box. This opens the small possibility of her not being an unlockable.

That'll be a first, though I do recall that Solid Snake and Sonic were on the Brawl box art, but were still treated as unlockables.

MnSG said:
Lakitu de Vlot said:
Never expected her to appear on the box. This opens the small possibility of her not being an unlockable.

That'll be a first, though I do recall that Solid Snake and Sonic were on the Brawl box art, but were still treated as unlockables.
I checked Brawl's boxart, but I don't see those two characters.

Lakitu de Vlot said:
MnSG said:
Lakitu de Vlot said:

They're on the back.

Toa 95 said:
Lakitu de Vlot said:
MnSG said:

They're on the back.
That explains.

Still, Rosalina is on the front, Snake and Sonic aren't.

Besides, they're, like the first 3rd party characters. Rosalina is...well, Rosalina.

So I guess the glossy eyes Mario got from 3D World will be here to stay.

Maybe this game will be the first where default characters exceed the maximum characters per race?

Seeing this makes me want Baby Luigi's 100% certain new artwork even more

Baby Luigi said:
Someone on GameFAQs posted a bigger version of the boxart

PalMK8Box.jpg
I really love that boxart! So since that Rosalina is on the boxart, this might be the brand new starting roster for Mario Kart 8:

Mario (Medium)
Luigi (Medium)
Peach (Medium)
Yoshi (Medium)
Bowser (Large)
Toad (Small)
Koopa Troopa (Small)
Donkey Kong (Large)
Wario (Large)
Baby Mario (Small)
Baby Peach (Small)
Rosalina (Large)

There she is, gaining even more spotlight. You go, Rosalina :posh: This means we'll be getting new artwork of her, YES!

Edit: Wait a second, do my eyes deceive me or she's wearing the Biker Suit in the car?? :S

gotta admit mario looks pretty badass in that boxart.

Anser said:
Edit: Wait a second, do my eyes deceive me or she's wearing the Biker Suit in the car?? :S

Zooming in, she definitely wearing her traditional dress. It's just hard to tell with all the angles and such.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
So I guess the glossy eyes Mario got from 3D World will be here to stay.

Maybe this game will be the first where default characters exceed the maximum characters per race?

Hard to say at this time.

Anna said:
So basically Rosie would be replacing Waluigi as a starter Large?

That would seem very awkward when you think it over.

Rosalina is driving... is that a mustang? 8)

I think the hovering is homage to back to the future 2, being so close to 2015 with no hover cars yet

There was one thing I don't understand about the very first track we are introduced to, which is presumably Mario Circuit. On the antigravity part of the track, there is an underside which also has road on it which Mario can drive on in the trailer. I don't know if it's been established but does Mario get on the underside of track?

I still think that the 12 Beta Screenshot Characters will be the starting characters.

Michell said:
Rosalina is driving... is that a mustang? 8)

I think the hovering is homage to back to the future 2, being so close to 2015 with no hover cars yet

Well, no, but it does look like a muscle car

800px-MarioKart8Peach.jpg

BirdoFan87 said:
There was one thing I don't understand about the very first track we are introduced to, which is presumably Mario Circuit. On the antigravity part of the track, there is an underside which also has road on it which Mario can drive on in the trailer. I don't know if it's been established but does Mario get on the underside of track?

Well it has been played on demos so maybe you can look it up on YouTube

3D Player 2004 said:
I still think that the 12 Beta Screenshot Characters will be the starting characters.

I HIGHLY doubt they showcase an unlockable character in the box.

And anyone who brings up Sonic and Snake in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, remember, these are 3rd party characters appearing in a Nintendo cross-over. They have to entice potential buyers as much as they can.

But again, the Cheep Charger was unlockable, yet showcased in official game art, so....

Michell said:

Obviously. Unlockable vehicles are the hoverboard and a DeLorean.

BirdoFan87 said:
There is no underside, it's a Möbius strip.

Here's a picture:

MK8mariocircuit.png

Back