Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Decapitation, sadly, seems to be the only method. It's how thousands of Piranha Plants met their fate nowadays.

Just curious, is there another character/enemy you guys would wish was King Boo's partner instead? Or are you 100% satisfied with Petey be his partner?

Regular Boo instead would be nice.

This is the same game series that has Koopa and Red Koopa with Wings and Mario and Mario In Chrome as playable characters, so I don't think Boo and Bigger Boo with a Crown is that much of a big deal to differentiate.

This game highlights why voice actors should be more involved with games. The little touches like Baby Daisy saying "Upsy Daisy" when going up an anti gravity section make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Wish Bowser Jr. said that, but they didn't record any new clips for him.

There's one part in the Mario Kart producer's interview (on the topic of ARMS, his most recent game) where the interviewer was asking about Birdo being playable. He mentioned this name in English, which if you don't know, is not the same as her Japanese's name (Catherine). I guess that part of the interview is awkward because of the different names, but it's amusing that this is happening in Mario, since I imagine this is more common of an issue in Pokemon (most Pokemon have different names across languages).

Makes me wonder if developers of a certain game have to be familiar with the names used in other territories. Some names are easy because they are universal, like Mario and Yoshi, but if Rosalina or Toad, or even Koopa Troppa are referenced, I imagine they might not be familiar with that name unless they researched well.

(By the way, I agree with the interviewer: Birdo should have been playable)

Thank you for reading.

and if you just say Koopa, they'll be confused thinking you meant Bowser.

But not only did Birdo have a generic female name but Boo did as well which is Teresa. It's interesting to see the name origins too.

That's not even the hardest 200cc track imo

If Donut plains 200cc is hard man... just think of rainbow road and one specific s turn at the beginning. The problem is also, that if you're not used to brake, you are most likely to fall in the pit.

This has been stated many times and I will state it again

200cc Neo Bowser City is hell incarnate

Basically every track that has that kind of s turn is hell incarnate in 200cc.

Neo Bowser City is not too bad. It's Cheese Land and Dolphin Shoals that get to me.

And yes Cheese Land too... I haven't even tried it in 200cc but it's still a pian in the ass for some reason.

Speaking of Cheese Land, I find that last shortcut way too game-breaking. Heck, I even took it without any mushrooms (only first ramp) but still manage to get into first place.

Ironically, there are obstacles near those off-road shortcuts that can't be destroyed without speed boosts. 200cc may be fast, but going off-road still slows you down heavily.

Cool! My favorite has got to be Wario slamming his stupid face into a pipe. Some of these also bear some similarity to the images from Super Mario Kart. At least Toad doesn't break his kart. Source for them? Are they like those animated stickers?

Also, there's a Koopa inside that shell, implying there are Koopas inside those Green Shells. What happens to the Koopa when the Green Shell breaks? :eek:

LeftyGreenMario said:
Cool! My favorite has got to be Wario slamming his stupid face into a pipe. Some of these also bear some similarity to the images from Super Mario Kart. At least Toad doesn't break his kart. Source for them? Are they like those animated stickers?

Also, there's a Koopa inside that shell, implying there are Koopas inside those Green Shells. What happens to the Koopa when the Green Shell breaks? :eek:

They die a horrible death. The game of Mario Kart is a brutal one. One of my complaints about the sticker set is the lack of character variety...but oh well :(

https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/8642/en

someone, please save the apngs and upload them somewhere. you can also convert them to GIF for Wiki use, but make sure they loop.

I managed to take one and it looks great. Had to put it as a gif since the image editing programs I have just don't read the .png files as anything special and the original image isn't a perma loop.

EnAU9bp.gif

The website doesn't let anyone save the animated images; you can save the stationary ones though.

Back