What is your religious belief?

What is your religious belief?

• Total voters
Right, so, I've accidentally reset the votes, and I have no idea how to limit the number of choices.

I'm bad at this.

I don't have any religion and I don't believe in any god.

Zae said:
Kind of a weird question, I'm not sure if its your wording or what but I'm not sure how to react do it, maybe I'll ask someone who is more experinced than me with the subject later though so, I'll certainly let you know if I find anything. As I'm pretty new Christian and generally not all knowing of the subject.

So if people who do not believe in Christianity go to Hell, do people who were born before Christ or never learned of it go to Hell as well?

might be a better way of saying it, but thank you anyway

I'm a theist with a complex view on spiritual faith. Which makes it easier to just say I'm Buddhist because that's the belief system I tend to agree with the most.

Also just a silly note for no reason: the religion most observed in Australia is Catholicism, but nobody seems to be that devoted. Our current Prime Minister is an atheist, so yeah.

I guess I'm technically an athiest right now, as my belief systems are reliant on factual evidence and all that jazz, but even that doesn't answer everything for me. I'm slowly exploring things at my own comfort and pace and if it ever comes up when I have free time. I'd like to look into Buddhism a bit after some conversations with Dippy.

I was raised as an Episcopalian Christian until church drama over other families being jealous over my brother being the alter boy caused us to leave. I recently found out that the Episcopal Church is pretty much the only Christian denomination that is completely for equal rights for homosexuals, and actually show some willingness to change their stance on issues when presented with evidence, so that's pretty neat.

Groden said:
Zae said:
Kind of a weird question, I'm not sure if its your wording or what but I'm not sure how to react do it, maybe I'll ask someone who is more experinced than me with the subject later though so, I'll certainly let you know if I find anything. As I'm pretty new Christian and generally not all knowing of the subject.

So if people who do not believe in Christianity go to Hell, do people who were born before Christ or never learned of it go to Hell as well?

might be a better way of saying it, but thank you anyway

...kind of harsh to say this , but....

I'd assume so, the whole way of even getting into heaven in the first place is surrendering yourself to Jesus, and by your soul being reborn through him, you are saved from the sin of humanity and its inevitable succumb to sin and path to hell. Before Jesus though I'm not entirely sure, I'd have to ask.

Which I will probably do since I'm kinda curious now.

I personally find it interesting that some religions are so strict on things like heaven, yet at the same time they teach that God, Jesus or whatever spiritual figure they worship is loving.

For example, I find it peculiar that some people think that being linked to the number 666 means that they will be sent to Hell despite talking about how the figure they worship is so loving. That just doesn't add up to me.

So many religions contradict themselves, though to me Christianity does it a bit more than the others.

Zae said:
...kind of harsh to say this , but....

I'd assume so, the whole way of even getting into heaven in the first place is surrendering yourself to Jesus, and by your soul being reborn through him, you are saved from the sin of humanity and its inevitable succumb to sin and path to hell. Before Jesus though I'm not entirely sure, I'd have to ask.

Which I will probably do since I'm kinda curious now.
Thank you for answering.

I'm a Roman Catholic

despite that,i believe that no matter what you believe in or what sexuality you are,i respect you

and i do believe when i die,god and jesus and all my loved ones will be there

I went with agnostic but I don't really know what I am. I was raised Christian and I guess I believe in God but there's a lot of stuff in the Bible that doesn't really make any sense and I can't in good faith say I believe in it (or want to).

I'm a christian

Though I was born and raised christian, I think I found religion in my own way. I have a firm belief in God, but I don't believe He's so strict as so many people say He is, like "HE WILL SEND YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL FOR BLASPHEMY AND SWEARING", that shit just makes Him seem like such an angry, vengeful being, and that's not how I see Him, in my eyes He's cool on lots of things that the church say He's not. I believe that He'll be good to me if I don't kill, vandalise, adulterate, that kind of stuff. I believe that I'll get into heaven by being a generally good guy, and letting Him know that I'm most definitely Christian.

There are some times when I try to fathom the whole "life" thing, and almost question my faith and stuff like that, but I doubt I'll ever steer away from my faith. Even if there is no heaven, at least I'll die with my own belief that there's something up there to avoid scaring myself shitless before I die.

The correct term is Pastafarian, Nabber.

Agnostic. But I'm still a bit confused.

I was raised as a Catholic. But I started to think about things and I went through this period of confusion. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.

So this peculiar situation arose. My brother will have his confirmation later this month, and he asked me to be his godfather or whatever it is they need. If I accept, I'll have to attend and endless stream of lectures on stuff I no longer believe in, get confessed (the part I dislike the most about Catholicism) and Poochy-knows how much more I'll have to do. If I say no, I'll most likely have to explain my religious views to my family and dear Poochy, I'll never see the end of it if they know I'm not Catholic anymore.

Go me.

Back