What is your religious belief?

What is your religious belief?

• Total voters
well I'm just here to not know things and accidentally infringe

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Warning: The Oatmeal is not meant to be taken too seriously. However, I still kinda agree with him.
Care to explain why you don't?

He was trying to pull off the "I only like tolerant religious people" thing, but he ended up going with "even tolerant religious people are hilariously stupid and believe all these wacky myths, can you believe it? At least they're willing to shut up about it, though!"

That's not what I got from him. To me, he said:
Don't judge others based on religion
Don't force your beliefs on others
Don't use religion to hinder advancement of science and stuff
Don't make fun of other religions while believing in an equally legitimate religion.
And don't kill others for your religion.

He's probably not mad. Even though there is a lot of scientific evidence proving otherwise, you're entitled to your opinion.

Sombrero Guy said:
Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Don't make fun of other religions while believing in an equally legitimate religion.
4. Evolution isn't real, at least in what I believe. Are you upset, oatmeal thing?

The cool thing about science is that it doesn't matter if you believe in it or not, it's still a fact.

Upcoming flame war, stay tuned.

On an on-topic note, turns out my brother's confirmation is the same day as a concert I'm going to, so I won't be able to be his godfather, yay!

Politoed said:
Sombrero Guy said:
Rocket J. Squirrel said:
4. Evolution isn't real, at least in what I believe. Are you upset, oatmeal thing?

The cool thing about science is that it doesn't matter if you believe in it or not, it's still a fact.

if we evolved from monkeys then thats one stupid fact.

also evolution IS real, ignoring things just because you're butthurt isn't a way to go.

In theory, if there is a god (and I do believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster), then it is possible that the god would have the ability to forge scientific evidence.

Mega Morg said:
Samus Aran said:
Hobbes said:
This is going downhill :posh:

like every topic in the boards.
should I save the day?

Do it, o' great prince.

In theory, if there is a god (and I do believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster), then it is possible that the god would have the ability to forge scientific evidence.

pretty much, he could simply make it that way and just allow it to happen.

Gundam Tanaka said:
if you mean forge as in faked it then god's a dick

Samus Aran said:
it'd be actually great if we evolved from inferape.
It wouldn't be much of an evolution, considering we lose pretty much everything useful/cool while transitioning from Infernape to human.

Time Turner said:
Samus Aran said:
It wouldn't be much of an evolution, considering we lose pretty much everything useful/cool while transitioning from Infernape to human.
at least we aren't weak to birds anymore

Mega Morg said:
Time Turner said:
Samus Aran said:

still weak to rocks though.

Samus Aran said:
Mega Morg said:
Time Turner said:
Samus Aran said:

Water's also become much better.

Time Turner said:
Samus Aran said:
Mega Morg said:
Time Turner said:
Samus Aran said:

Water's also become much better.

we still don't do so well against earthquakes though.

Back