Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Smg2daisy said:
I want to complete my Pokedex

There's people that are into breeding Pokemon here. You could always ask them. :yoshi:

Crackin355 said:
I'm not sure when Goomy is first available but I'll get it eventually.

You're quite a ways from that since Goomy isn't available until after the fifth gym iirc.

New Super Mario said:
Also, how do you know when your thing is going to evolve?
After a battle, the screen will fade to black and then a screen saying "What? X is evolving?!" will show up.

New Super Mario said:
I'm still waiting on my Pikachu and Budew <3 to evolve. (each in the level 20's)

Pikachu doesn't evolve unless you use a Thunderstone on it ad Budew will evolve when you reach max friendship with it (give it massages, don't let it die in battle, etc).

New Super Mario said:
And I put to Gulpins in the daycare, so I assume the egg I got is going to be a Gulpin baby?
The Pokemon will always be the same as the mother, so if you put a male and female Gulpin in the daycare, then yes, you will get a Gulpin egg.

New Super Mario said:
And what about like rocks and prickly branches? How do your pokemon get rid of them? Does it have to be a certain type?

You need to teach a Pokemon Rock Smash to get rid of rocks and Cut to get rid of trees. Considering you have a Bunnelby, I suggest you teach it to him.

Cordelia said:
You need to teach a Pokemon Rock Smash to get rid of rocks and Cut to get rid of trees. Considering you have a Bunnelby, I suggest you teach it to him.
Well, I guess I haven't gotten far enough in the game to do that.

And no way am I using that ugly thing. It's at Level 3.

Can you teach them to any pokemon, or just that thing? lol

Smg2daisy said:
Certain Pokemon can. Fire types can learn cut
Don't do this. Just because a ton of Pokemon get those moves, doesn't mean they should gave them. Don't waste a moveslot for your fire Pokemon by giving it an hm.

We have Pokemon which we fans call HM slaves. Pokemon like Biberal and Bunnelby. There job is to have moves like cut, rock smash, and strength. These are bad moves that are joy used to clear through some obstacles.

Michael Myers said:
Smg2daisy said:
Don't do this. Just because a ton of Pokemon get those moves, doesn't mean they should gave them. Don't waste a moveslot for your fire Pokemon by giving it an hm.

We have Pokemon which we fans call HM slaves. Pokemon like Biberal and Bunnelby. There job is to have moves like cut, rock smash, and strength. These are bad moves that are joy used to clear through some obstacles.

Except Surf and Waterfall which are the only good HMs.

Cirdec said:
Michael Myers said:
Smg2daisy said:

Strength and Fly are pretty good

Corkscrew said:
Cirdec said:
Michael Myers said:
Smg2daisy said:

Strengh is bad because if your Pokémon has max happiness, Return has a power of 102 and Fly takes a charge turn, which lets your opponent switching to a resistance or using a boosting move. Well forget for Fly, the AI doesn't think about this.

Corkscrew said:
Cirdec said:
Michael Myers said:
Smg2daisy said:

Strength is decent on its own. It's essentially a normal typed Seed Bomb, which is a good move. However, Return is much better. Besides, normal type moves are only used for STAB.

Michael Myers said:
Corkscrew said:
Cirdec said:
Michael Myers said:
Smg2daisy said:

Strength is decent on its own. It's essentially a normal typed Seed Bomb, which is a good move. However, Return is much better. Besides, normal type moves are only used for STAB.
None of those terms meant anything to me

STAB means if a pokémon uses a move which has the same type of the pokémon, the power is multiplied by 1.5

Corkscrew said:
None of those terms meant anything to me

STAB means Same-Type Attack Bonus. For example, if both Gengar and Alakazam use Psychic, Alakazam's Psychic will be stronger than Gengar's because Alakazam is a Psychic-type. If both of them use Shadow Ball, Gengar's Shadow Ball will be stronger because it's a move of its own type.

Michael Myers said:

There is ExtremeSpeed to keep in mind though. It may be weaker than Return, but +2 priority can be worth it if it means stopping certain Pokemon.

Cirdec said:
Michael Myers said:
Smg2daisy said:

Fly isn't that bad.

Fly should be your go-to flying type move in-game. CPU opponents don't switch out often so yeah.

Purple Yoshi said:
DragonFreak said:
Icemario11 said:
DragonFreak said:
I love SoulSiver. It's my favorite Pokemon game.
SoulSilver is an amazing game and I love it. Game practically cleanses the soul.
Reason why: you travel to my two favorite reasons: Jhoto and Kanto. Plus many many boosts compared to the original. The first time I played it, I was in nostalgia heaven, something I haven't seen in Pokemon since I watche Pokemon: Origins.

The problem with SoulSilver was the ridiculous level curve which meant you were either insanely overlevelled or underlevelled. Also the fact that the trainers in Kanto have way too-high level trainers. Not as bad as BW1's post game, but still ridiculous. There's a reason I tried to avoid most trainers when I went to Kanto.

Whenever I played through that game, I never really bothered with the post game (everything after Johto) because of that steep curve due to the fact I really did not want to spend time grinding my Pokémon up to Level 60-70 for hours.

That cave is so short that I never encountered a single Zubat. Just a few Whismur.

Here's my team at the moment after beating the third gym (It's after the edit)

Combusken evolved into Blaziken while I was exploring Reflecting Cave. That's also when I challenged 3K to a battle. I won but I kind of felt like opening the battle with Blaziken was really the only reason I did. Tatsuya evolved into Chesnaught and Erika evolved into Doublade while I was in the gym. Katsuto only has one level until it's a Blastoise and I think Mikihiko will evolve into Aurorus at Lv39 late at night. Then all that's left is Goomy which is apparently quite a ways away so I'm not too worried about that at the moment.

You guys remember the creepy hex girl from Lumiose who appeared twice in the two hotels? Well I saw her for a third time. It was on Route 14. She says something like "I must obey". She wasn't there before the first encounter.

Here's the thing with the giving my Bunnelby the move.

I never have it one me. I think it'd be easier just to spread those kind of moves around my pokemon party.

Also Budew and Venoshock is amazing.

I just need to evolve it.....

New Super Mario said:
Here's the thing with the giving my Bunnelby the move.

I never have it one me. I think it'd be easier just to spread those kind of moves around my pokemon party.

Also Budew and Venoshock is amazing.

I just need to evolve it.....
The problem is you can't replace those hm moves until you find the move deleter much later in the game.

Budew will evolve when it's happiness is maxed out. Here's some info. Just note, Budew must reach max happiness during the day.
http://www.serebii.net/games/happiness.shtml

MnSG said:
Michael Myers said:

There is ExtremeSpeed to keep in mind though. It may be weaker than Return, but +2 priority can be worth it if it means stopping certain Pokemon.
STAB ExtremeSpeed is the reason Arceus-Normal is the primier sweeper in Ubers.

Just one Swords Dance, and you can OHKO or 2HKO everything in the game with it. And he also gets Shadow Claw to take out Giratina, and Earthquake to take out Dialga.

Michael Myers said:
You guys remember the creepy hex girl from Lumiose who appeared twice in the two hotels? Well I saw her for a third time. It was on Route 14. She says something like "I must obey". She wasn't there before the first encounter.

this seems like an investigation for Neptune Holmes, and his trusty sidekick Lakituthewatson!

I don't know if anyone tried to enter every building in Lumiose City, but there is one very creepy.
When you enter the elevator and choose 2F, anf when you stepped on the floor,
A hex girl just float out and said stuff which I forgot
Is this what Javelin mentioned? If yes then Idk what is about the two hotels then.

Back