Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Dr. Javelin said:
STAB ExtremeSpeed is the reason Arceus-Normal is the primier sweeper in Ubers.

Just one Swords Dance, and you can OHKO or 2HKO everything in the game with it. And he also gets Shadow Claw to take out Giratina, and Earthquake to take out Dialga.

It's too bad that that leaves the Multitype ability practically useless. On the other hand, because Arceus has to utilize plates to change its typing, only Judgment would be able to take advantage of the plate's power boost.

MnSG said:
Dr. Javelin said:
STAB ExtremeSpeed is the reason Arceus-Normal is the primier sweeper in Ubers.

Just one Swords Dance, and you can OHKO or 2HKO everything in the game with it. And he also gets Shadow Claw to take out Giratina, and Earthquake to take out Dialga.

It's too bad that that leaves the Multitype ability practically useless. On the other hand, because Arceus has to utilize plates to change its typing, only Judgment would be able to take advantage of the plate's power boost.
Still worth it, because STAB ExtremeSpeed is the greatest attack in the entire game.

It also frees you up to use an item such as Lum Berry to prevent status.

Mega Mewtwo Y is stupidly awesome. I mean, I still despise his design just as much as I used to. He looks like someone shrunk Mewtwo slightly and then grafted his tail onto his head.

But his stats are ridiculous. I had 292 Sp. Atk at Lv. 70 with no EVs.

Dr. Javelin said:
Mega Mewtwo Y is stupidly awesome. I mean, I still despise his design just as much as I used to. He looks like someone shrunk Mewtwo slightly and then grafted his tail onto his head.

Because its Special Attack base stat is 194.

I hate communication errors. At least I know what fighting Xerneas is like now.

Mario4Ever said:
Oh, and this guy is the new overpowered thing in Ubers.

Turn 1: Xerneas uses Geomancy. Power Herb activates, meaning he now has Shell Smash without reduced stats.

Turn 2: Xerneas sweeps everything on their team.

I only managed to stop him because I led with Deoxys-D and used Toxic to run his health down enough so that Arceus's ExtremeSpeed would kill him.

Mario4Ever said:
Sorry if the error, I don't know such thing happened as my previous battles with others are okay.
And sorry if my Xerneas freaked you out.

But that isn't the original moves when I get it.
After I battle with that person, he just picked all the moves and mumbling about it, and send me a brand new set of moves and the Power Herb as item
Guess that person is right. If I have that, my Xerneas will kill everything.

Smg2daisy said:
Mario4Ever said:
Sorry if the error, I don't know such thing happened as my previous battles with others are okay.
And sorry if my Xerneas freaked you out.

It didn't freak me out. The error's just frustrating because I was able to take out Xerneas before the Geomancy/Power Herb thing. The second battle taught me which Pokémon not to use against it, and it was still fun.

Smg2daisy said:
I don't know if anyone tried to enter every building in Lumiose City, but there is one very creepy.
When you enter the elevator and choose 2F, anf when you stepped on the floor,
A hex girl just float out and said stuff which I forgot
Is this what Javelin mentioned? If yes then Idk what is about the two hotels then.
yeah, I pointed this out earlier in the thread, but I was pretty damn paranoid about it

the only thing Legendaries are good for nowadays are trophies

and for use in PC Box Puppet shows, which I do more often than anything in a Pokemon game

I like legendaries because I think they look neat

They sure look good (well, almost all of them. Others, not so much) but I always use them as trophies. I'd never battle using a legendary; it's sooo cheap. The other day a friend's little brother came to me like "I want to battle you, and I'm going to beat you!" and I was like "Oh, ok, let's battle". Since he's only 9 and I've played Pokémon for more than 15 years I thought it'd be an easy, yet fun battle.

... And it WAS easy, but it wasn't fun. It was annoying. Why? His team was Arceus, Latios, Rayquaza, Giratina, Regigigas and Mewtwo. With awful movesets and awfully trained. It was so fun seeing him go all "But they're legendaries!! How could I lose?!" when I beat him with my Alakazam, Starmie, Volcarona, Hydreigon, Yanmega and Scrafty.

Anser said:
They sure look good (well, almost all of them. Others, not so much) but I always use them as trophies. I'd never battle using a legendary; it's sooo cheap. The other day a friend's little brother came to me like "I want to battle you, and I'm going to beat you!" and I was like "Oh, ok, let's battle". Since he's only 9 and I've played Pokémon for more than 15 years I thought it'd be an easy, yet fun battle.

... And it WAS easy, but it wasn't fun. It was annoying. Why? His team was Arceus, Latios, Rayquaza, Giratina, Regigigas and Mewtwo. With awful movesets and awfully trained. It was so fun seeing him go all "But they're legendaries!! How could I lose?!" when I beat him with my Alakazam, Starmie, Volcarona, Hydreigon, Yanmega and Scrafty.

They are not cheap because nothing stops you to use them as well.

Yeah, I have to disagree about legendaries being a cheap tactic all the time. In SoulSilver I used Lugia, Entei and Raikou simply to provide necessary type coverage in order to progress as there were few of their types available and even fewer that I liked. In White I only put together a legendary pokemon team postgame for fun since hey, if I caught them then why not? But mainly I just collect legendaries no matter how many tries it takes to catch them.

Cirdec said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Unfortunately, Mega Mewtwo Y gets outsped by Mega Aerodactyl, who can seriously wipe it out without much effort. It would've been more impressive if Mega Mewtwo Y rivaled the speed of Speed Forme Deoxys (180), but that likely would've made it way too broken.

Mega Mewtwo X is less impressive, since despite being part Fighting-type, it doesn't get any of the very strong Fighting-type physical attacks, such as Close Combat and Hi Jump Kick. That kind of leaves its base 190 Attack heavily wasted, but I guess it could always use Bulk Up to boost Psycho Cut and Brick Break more.

MnSG said:
Cirdec said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Unfortunately, Mega Mewtwo Y gets outsped by Mega Aerodactyl, who can seriously wipe it out without much effort. It would've been more impressive if Mega Mewtwo Y rivaled the speed of Speed Forme Deoxys (180), but that likely would've made it way too broken.

Mega Mewtwo X is less impressive, since despite being part Fighting-type, it doesn't get any of the very strong Fighting-type physical attacks, such as Close Combat and Hi Jump Kick. That kind of leaves its base 190 Attack heavily wasted, but I guess it could always use Bulk Up to boost Psycho Cut and Brick Break more.
Does he not get Superpower?

Back