Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

DragonFreak said:
I can't imagine anyone that starts playing Pokemon for the first time past Emerald. I just can't imagine the reaction.

I played Emerald first, but my first game was Platinum. I don't know the reaction to playing Pokémon for the first time in general, honestly.

DragonFreak said:
I love SoulSiver. It's my favorite Pokemon game.
SoulSilver is an amazing game and I love it. Game practically cleanses the soul.

I have received so many japanese pokemon through wonder trading, and at least four gastlys now

Icemario11 said:
DragonFreak said:
SoulSilver is an amazing game and I love it. Game practically cleanses the soul.
Reason why: you travel to my two favorite reasons: Jhoto and Kanto. Plus many many boosts compared to the original. The first time I played it, I was in nostalgia heaven, something I haven't seen in Pokemon since I watche Pokemon: Origins.

DragonFreak said:
Icemario11 said:
DragonFreak said:
Reason why: you travel to my two favorite reasons: Jhoto and Kanto. Plus many many boosts compared to the original. The first time I played it, I was in nostalgia heaven, something I haven't seen in Pokemon since I watche Pokemon: Origins.

The problem with SoulSilver was the ridiculous level curve which meant you were either insanely overlevelled or underlevelled. Also the fact that the trainers in Kanto have way too-high level trainers. Not as bad as BW1's post game, but still ridiculous. There's a reason I tried to avoid most trainers when I went to Kanto.

I only messed around in Yellow, my first pokemon game I bought to play through was SoulSilver. I had played some Ruby before that though, only up to the first gym before I returned it to my friend. Anyway, I thought there wasn't a problem with the Kanto trainers, I had no trouble with them.

I got the event torchic and I'm gonna use it on my team. Too bad I can't nickname it. I don't really like the roller skates. They're fast but I keep crashing into everything.

So yeah, my current team is: (lol, I'm sorry if I totally mess this up)

An evovled Fennicken lv. 20?
An evovled Fletchling lv. 18?
Pikachu lv 16?
Squirtle lv 15?
Combusken (why'd it turn so ugly :( ) lv19?
Buwdew lv 17?

I think it's pretty balanced. I have a lot of the what would you call them "elements?" (you know like Pikachu for electric, Squirtle for water, Buwdew for grass, Fennicken for fire, Combusken for fire/fighting, Fletchling for fire/flying

Purple Yoshi said:
DragonFreak said:
Icemario11 said:
DragonFreak said:

The problem with SoulSilver was the ridiculous level curve which meant you were either insanely overlevelled or underlevelled. Also the fact that the trainers in Kanto have way too-high level trainers. Not as bad as BW1's post game, but still ridiculous. There's a reason I tried to avoid most trainers when I went to Kanto.
I never really had a problem with that. Well, until I faced Red.

Purple Yoshi said:
DragonFreak said:
Icemario11 said:
DragonFreak said:

Last I've checked, most of the Kanto trainers are not as hard as the first Lance battle, as their Pokemon are more around the level of the Elite Four, if not weaker. And of course, only certain trainers will use fully evolved Pokemon.

New Super Mario said:

Pikachu lv 16?
Squirtle lv 15?
Buwdew lv 17?

I think it's pretty balanced. I have a lot of the what would you call them "elements?" (you know like Pikachu for electric, Squirtle for water, Buwdew for grass, Fennicken for fire, Combusken for fire/fighting, Fletchling for fire/flying
Seeing someone learn Pokemon for the first time is so cute.

Amaura should learn to not die. Until then, I'll keep making it die as punishment.

No but really, I can't seem to keep it alive. I guess it's not smart to try to solo the gym with a lower leveled pokemon that's weak to rock. No wait, it's definitely not smart. I still try anyway.

I think I've played about 7 hours and I beat the second gym. I'm not sure when Goomy is first available but I'll get it eventually.

DragonFreak said:
Purple Yoshi said:
I never really had a problem with that. Well, until I faced Red.

I don't recall that they were really so problematic. It was just that gym leaders had similar levels and wild pokemon were actually so low-levelled that grinding was worse than before. So I took down Red at level 65-68 with a carefully assembled team. However, in my littlest sister's HeartGold, using almost only the specific pokemon I traded to her (she didn't pay attention to type coverage and training or catching), I later happened to take down Red with a motley team around level 55. 8) :bowser: <--- imagine there is a sunglasses bowser smiley

NSM, we should noob battle sometime. I tested my mettle against Shoey but I got curb stomped pretty badly.

Also I just beat the third gym yesterday. Huzzah.

Trying to go slow with this game (to enjoy it and because I really haven't had a lot of time to play it lol)

Beat the first gym last night, my party is currently:

Olivia (Bunnelby) - level 13
Stephen (Chespin) - level 13
Eli (Fletchling) - level 13
Annie (Litleo) - level 14

Smg2daisy said:
Urgh
I just trade my Tyrantrum for a Level one Zorua...
It is just too way cute

Why did you do that? You can get Zoroark in the wild.

Smg2daisy said:
I want to complete my Pokedex

Eh, I would have just breeded one (since you can get a Zoroark and a Ditto in the same place), but it's your game.

New Super Mario said:
Type balance isn't as important as function balance, if you ask me.

However, your team seems fairly balanced in that regard as well. Squirtle and his evolutionary line are defensive, meaning you'll have a Pokemon you can switch in to take hits while you heal. Pikachu and Fennekin are fast Sp. Atk offense, Fletchling and Combusken are fast Attack offense, and Budew is support. Seems pretty balanced to me.

'3K said:
NSM, we should noob battle sometime. I tested my mettle against Shoey but I got curb stomped pretty badly.

Also I just beat the third gym yesterday. Huzzah.
Yes we should! hehe.

DragonFreak said:
New Super Mario said:

Pikachu lv 16?
Squirtle lv 15?
Buwdew lv 17?

Seeing someone learn Pokemon for the first time is so cute.
<3

Dean Winchester said:
Trying to go slow with this game (to enjoy it and because I really haven't had a lot of time to play it lol)

Beat the first gym last night, my party is currently:

Olivia (Bunnelby) - level 13
Stephen (Chespin) - level 13
Eli (Fletchling) - level 13
Annie (Litleo) - level 14
I named my bunnelby "Ugly" hehe.

EDIT:

Also, how do you know when your thing is going to evolve?

I'm still waiting on my Pikachu and Budew <3 to evolve. (each in the level 20's)

And I put to Gulpins in the daycare, so I assume the egg I got is going to be a Gulpin baby?

And what do you guys think is the best way to train Pokemon?

And what about like rocks and prickly branches? How do your pokemon get rid of them? Does it have to be a certain type?

Heads up to everyone who haven't heard: Nintendo released a patch for the Luminose City glitch. It fixes your game (even if it was affected by it) as well as an issue with the GTS. It's 229 blocks to download, but obviously worth it to avoid losing your game. So do that. Scan that.

qrcodes.png

Back