Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

You can't use PokeGen with the X and Y versions right now, so there's no way to make hacked Pokemon look completely legit without DS Pokemon title assistance. However, Pokemon Bank could bring a monkey wrench for this stuff.

I'm actually looking forward to it. If Pokemon X/Y gets hacked, that means the 3DS can finally be broken, and then, maybe there's a Homebrew and then... lovely!

Does anyone else feel like most mega evolutions are inferior to the normal Pokemon? I've been having that thought lately, seeing as most mega evolutions don't hit as hard as their normal forms while they're holding a Life Orb.

Mega Heracross is probably one of the few exceptions to this dilemma, since with a base attack of 185, it surpasses any of normal Heracross's Life Orb boosts, but when you take into account the Guts ability, that changes everything in the end.

MnSG said:
Does anyone else feel like most mega evolutions are inferior to the normal Pokemon? I've been having that thought lately, seeing as most mega evolutions don't hit as hard as their normal forms while they're holding a Life Orb.

Mega Heracross is probably one of the few exceptions to this dilemma, since with a base attack of 185, it surpasses any of normal Heracross's Life Orb boosts, but when you take into account the Guts ability, that changes everything in the end.

No, they have extra bulk, no recoil from Life Orb, and they have the freedom to switch moves unlike their choice cousins.

It doesn't necessarily make them better, but it gives them more options depending on the situation.

I guess I just feel that there should be some more mega evolutions that are more efficient on offense than the normal Pokemon; much like with Mega Heracross, who can hit harder than a normal Heracross who's holding the Life Orb. I did have at least one new Mega Pokemon concept in mind.

Banjo said:
how much do natures affect stats, anyway?

if possible i just roll with quirky, hardy, and other no effect natures

10% more and 10% less.

I spent an entire day catching Goomy and evolving it into Goodra. I need to lie down.

At least my team's looking good. Everyone's levels are in the 50's. 2 more badges to go.

I've only played 28 hours. Kind of small compared to the 120 I have on White 2. I didn't really enjoy X and Y as much as I'd hoped. The 'pace' was fast, it didn't mess around and you hit the ground running but other than that it felt slow. I didn't even like any of the characters or like any of the areas (except maybe the Goomy route, it had rain). By the time I was 20 hours in I just wanted it to end already so I didn't play for three weeks until I decided to try speeding through the last few hours and beat it.

3D Models were cool, but I think they contributed to the slow feeling, since battles were a chore that I had to work through to reach the end. I just didn't want to play the game because it wasn't fun anymore.

The Nutcrackin355 said:
3D Models were cool, but I think they contributed to the slow feeling, since battles were a chore that I had to work through to reach the end. I just didn't want to play the game because it wasn't fun anymore.
Yeah, the battles did seem a little slower than Gen V to me.

I think it was how they always had that little "Gardevoir's Trace" thing pop out from the side EVERY TIME SOMETHING ACTIVATED.

also get on my level i have 300+ hours on pokemon white

500+ hours on my White 2. Anyway, the Horde battles can easily cause some lag when you take into account the Pokemon that are present on the field. Also, you can go through Route 4 for over an hour, and never see even one Ralts. Synchronize ability Pokemon are ridiculously rare to find in the X and Y versions.

omp hawlucha's shiny colours are the ugliest goddamn thing

it looks like some kid recoloured it in mspaint

Randy Cunningham said:
Are you grinding or lost/stuck?

I've spent a lot of time breeding and Super Training, and I'm one of those people who try to catch every Pokémon on a route.

MnSG said:
Synchronize ability Pokemon are ridiculously rare to find in the X and Y versions.
In my experience, Abra were pretty common along Route 5 (or whatever the one west of lumiose and east of that town with the castle).

Dr. Javelin said:
MnSG said:
Synchronize ability Pokemon are ridiculously rare to find in the X and Y versions.
In my experience, Abra were pretty common along Route 5 (or whatever the one west of lumiose and east of that town with the castle).

That's odd, because from what I can recall, Abra are quite rare on that route, and getting one is even tougher when you take into account the horde battles. And even if you do see an Abra, you need to Taunt it to keep it from using Teleport, if you lack any Quick Balls to use.

Or Mean Look or Block or Wrap or Whirlpool or Fire Spin or a Pokemon with Shadow Tag or Arena Trap.

But yeah, other than those it's hard to catch.

why wouldn't you have quick balls though?

Because when you can first encounter it is while you don't have access to Quick Balls. Well, I didn't and I managed to catch one thanks to my Roselia's GrassWhistle.

Good job.

That's how we used to catch them back in the good ol' Gen I days.

BUTTERFREE, USE SLEEP POWDER

OH NO IT MISSED

OH NO IT AWOKE AND TELEPORTED AWAY

Back in those days, we appreciated what we had because we worked for it.

Dr. Javelin said:
Good job.

OH NO IT MISSED

I just threw poke balls at the abra till I caught one

Fearless Fosdick said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Good job.

OH NO IT MISSED

I just threw poke balls at the abra till I caught one

same here

Back