Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Deku Link said:
Zae said:
lol i spent more than 200 hours on the first week of release.

its not hard

> >200 hours on first week.
> 168 hours in a week.
> Maybe 4-8 hours of sleep that week minimum.

What?

well im number retarded so you'll have to excuse my retardation.

(although i did not sleep for several days either).

I wouldn't blame you if you didn't.

Holy shit I just caught a shiny Vanillite. Randomly found it when I was EV training a Burmy.

>mfw Careful nature (+Sp Def, -Sp Atk)

bRHQvT4.gif

Clair said:
Holy *bleep* I just caught a shiny Vanillite. Randomly found it when I was EV training a Burmy.

>mfw Careful nature (+Sp Def, -Sp Atk)

bRHQvT4.gif
Rip.

I have yet to find a Shiny in the game and one of my mates has over 40. Hnnngggg.

But in other news, adding Delphox and Togekiss to my team seems to be working a treat. Won a heap of Wifi battles today. Also finally got around to getting all the badges lol maybe one day I'll be the league champ.

santanoice said:
But in other news, adding Delphox and Togekiss to my team seems to be working a treat. Won a heap of Wifi battles today. Also finally got around to getting all the badges lol maybe one day I'll be the league champ.
really?

i mean togekiss is pretty good but delphox... just isn't

its typing isn't very great either

I did encounter a shiny Mime Jr., but I never caught it. I was more focused on getting a Sturdy Carbink, which I was able to pull off after having my Combee use Sweet Scent several times.

Dr. Javelin said:
santanoice said:
really?

Ironically, Togekiss's new typing leaves it even more vulnerable than before. Instead of only being weak to Electric-type, Ice-type, and Rock-type attacks, it now gets slaughtered by Poison-type and Steel-type attacks as well, which isn't very good, even with the new Dragon-type immunity.

So I was Super Training with my Wartortle, and I was doing the Magnezone regime. Just as I was about to win with one more hit (since it was at 2421), I accidentally tap the back out button because of where and how I was aiming.

That's easily the worst thing I've ever had happen to me in Super Training.

MnSG said:
I did encounter a shiny Mime Jr., but I never caught it. I was more focused on getting a Sturdy Carbink, which I was able to pull off after having my Combee use Sweet Scent several times.

Dr. Javelin said:
santanoice said:
really?

Ironically, Togekiss's new typing leaves it even more vulnerable than before. Instead of only being weak to Electric-type, Ice-type, and Rock-type attacks, it now gets slaughtered by Poison-type and Steel-type attacks as well, which isn't very good, even with the new Dragon-type immunity.
good thing fairy-type is so OP

Dr. Javelin said:

It's too bad that there aren't very many good Fairy-type Pokemon though. You try to make a new Dragon-type counter, but then you realize that a lot of them have coverage moves that get them past the Fairy-type's Dragon-type immunity.

Sure, Togekiss may now completely check a Haxorus, but Garchomp can still pummel it to the ground with Stone Edge.

I've even been debating making a mono-fire team just because I love so many of the fire types in this game. Woo, get destroyed by Stealth Rock. Are there any fire types besides Torkoal that can use Rapid Spin?

Dr. Javelin said:
santanoice said:
really?

What's wrong with Delphox?

My team had a pretty glaring weakness to Fairy and Delphox seems to deal with that pretty well. I dunno, I might look for a better Psychic type, seeing as I already have fire covered with Charizard.

Though I don't really want a single-typed Psychic and can't think of many dual-types that aren't part Fairy as well (Mr Mime, Gardevoir). I think my only real options that will fit in with my team are Exeggutor, Medicham and Metagross. I know Metagross is amazing but he's so common, and I'm not a huge fan of Medicham but he could be interesting to play with, and I simply cannot stand Exeggutor.

What do...

I guess I could switch it out for a Poison type but most Poison types are pretty lame too.

MnSG said:

Dr. Javelin said:
santanoice said:
really?

Honestly, I think the better offensive typing and an extra type resistance is worth the trade off.

MnSG said:
Dr. Javelin said:

It's too bad that there aren't very many good Fairy-type Pokemon though. You try to make a new Dragon-type counter, but then you realize that a lot of them have coverage moves that get them past the Fairy-type's Dragon-type immunity.

Sure, Togekiss may now completely check a Haxorus, but Garchomp can still pummel it to the ground with Stone Edge.
Well I had Aromatissa in my team for quite a while but she just couldn't hold her own in Wifi battles. Togekiss is pretty bulky though and can usually survive a Stone Edge with decent defence or HP EVs. I honestly can't think of a better Fairy, except 'maybe' Mega Gardevoir.

You don't need to worry about Dragons anymore. What you need to worry about is Ghost.

Since Steel lost its resistance to Ghost, Ghost now hits every type in the game except Dark and Normal for neutral damage, which is pretty impressive. It also hits the new Fairy type for neutral damage, which is pretty useful considering the good resists Fairy has.

Lucario at least has a reason to wield Flash Cannon now, as prior to the 6th generation, Aura Sphere easily takes out most of the things that Flash Cannon also covers.

Sure, Mega Lucario may rely on Close Combat and Bullet Punch more, but Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon still shouldn't be ignored so easily with the Adaptability boost that they're given.

Anyway, I do feel bad for the Steel-type for losing its Ghost-type and Dark-type resistances, but I guess the reasoning behind this resistance removal was because the Steel/Psychic-type was way too resilient in the 3rd-5th generation, especially in Bronzong's case; with Levitate, only Fire-type attacks could deal super effective damage to Bronzong.

And that saves me the trouble. So you can actually get Arceus in X and Y without transferring? I am surprised.

Oh, that makes more sense now.

Although people hacking X and Y worries me, I'd rather not obtain hacked Pokémon that I wouldn't be able to distinguish from legit ones in the GTS if hackers eventually manage to get/make hacked Pokémon in the game. I prefer using legit ones.

Back