Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Alright. I just made a reddit account and made my flair on the Friend Safari subreddit. Do I just post and say I'm searching for *blank*

I figured it out now! The reason they didn't spend much time on the Team Flare story is because the game was too busy putting focus on Mega Evolution! I kept thinking there wasn't enough story stuff in the beginning of the game, but there WAS, it was just about Mega Evolution instead.

Deku Link said:
So...I honestly don't care about nature, IV, EV, or any of that stuff.

When I find a Pokemon I like, I catch them and train them to the end, enjoying them completely.
And this is why people like me and BMB never win online

Got a Timid Mewtwo with perfect SpAtt, Spd and SpDef. I am satisfied with that. His Def isn't great though.

I named him Helicase. I feel like a genius.

Purple Yoshi said:
I figured it out now! The reason they didn't spend much time on the Team Flare story is because the game was too busy putting focus on Mega Evolution! I kept thinking there wasn't enough story stuff in the beginning of the game, but there WAS, it was just about Mega Evolution instead.
are you kidding?

the mega evolution story was stupid, they spend half the story going "lolz we should go to random place because OBVIOUSLY WE'LL LEARN ABOUT MEGA EVOLUTION" and the second half it's hardly even mentioned

Sometimes the story can just have you running around in circles for no apparent reason. You can't even access Route 18 until AFTER you've put a stop to Team Flare's plans.

Candice said:
Pokémon games often forces you to battle the evil organization before progressing.

At least in Black 2 and White 2, you had to first collect all the gym badges before fighting an evil organization for the very last time. And since you can't catch Kyurem until after the main story is done, you're never in a situation where you "must" catch a Pokemon to continue the story.

I haven't play BW2 yet, so something like that would be new for me. Also I don't think I've played a game where you must catch a Pokémon, although, if you count needing a Pokémon to use your HMs on, then every game has to have you catch some Pokémon to continue.

Candice said:
I haven't play BW2 yet, so something like that would be new for me. Also I don't think I've played a game where you must catch a Pokémon, although, if you count needing a Pokémon to use your HMs on, then every game has to have you catch some Pokémon to continue.

In the Black and White versions, you were required to catch Reshiram/Zekrom before you could continue the story. This same scenario also applies to Xerneas and Yveltal for the X and Y versions.

On a side note, when I say that you're required to catch a Pokemon, I basically mean that the Pokemon will continue to respawn until you catch it.

Funny how now you are required to catch legendaries. It feels to me that it takes away the pride it does to catch them. It's also a complete U-turn from the original Red/Blue/Green where the legendaries were hidden and very optional.

29/101 puns.

Dr. Javelin said:
Purple Yoshi said:
are you kidding?

the mega evolution story was stupid, they spend half the story going "lolz we should go to random place because OBVIOUSLY WE'LL LEARN ABOUT MEGA EVOLUTION" and the second half it's hardly even mentioned
I agree.

The Mega Evolution story would've made sense if they gave you more than three Mega Stones story-wise (Charizardite, Venusaurite, or Blastoisinite from Sycamore, Lucarionite from Korrina, and Abomasite from the Abomasnow). Instead, a majority of the Mega Stones were post-game content that were pretty much impossible to find if you didn't look at a guide. I know that you could get Gengarite and Ampharosite before post-game, but they weren't story related.

NotABannableOffense said:
Those guys are only legendary in stats.

They have a super high catch rate.

Xerneas's and Yveltal's catch rates aren't that high though, as they'll still break free from your Dusk Balls on some occasions. But they're easier to catch than most other legendaries, simply because of the fact that you must catch them to advance the story.

Hey, I'm not saying I LIKED the Mega Evolution story. I'm just saying they focused on that instead of Team Flare, and that's why it felt like the climax came out of nowhere.

Back