How could you improve a Mario game?

Glowsquid said:
I suggest that Bowser get his own spinoff, where he leads his Koopa Kingdom against the same new villain created for the Mario games. Only it would be a darker, violent, badass action game that is the antithesis of the Mario games, and not comical like the Wario games. Something that older, action-game-loving people could enjoy. Shigeru Miyamoto may hate violence in games, but there must be someone at Nintendo that can adapt the Wii U to a more possibly M-Rated game like this. I think it's important to give Bowser a total badass edge to be a potentially M-Rated game, even having become a permanent ally. We could even have enemies that can shoot up towards the giant Bowser and hurt his health points.
I'd definitely play that game.

Cornelius Van Wyck Lawrence said:
CHAIN CHOMPS AND BUZZY BEETLES EVERYWHERE
REJOICE!

Id like to see that!

Glowsquid said:
I suggest that Bowser get his own spinoff.
A new game doesn't mean improvement, though it would be interesting. But it's similar with that Bowser had already been accompanied with Mario bros in several RPGs.

YoshiKong said:
Koopaul said:
That is why we got Blue and Yellow Toad instead of Wario and Waluigi. They aren't going to put in the time and effort to insert a character fans want, when there is an alternative that is easier and works just as well.
I can't imagine Waluigi with his skinny and awkward frame jumping around in a platformer :D
I agree.
Not to mention the fact that, to make the game make sense, they'd have to have the same physics that Wario has in most games; a lower jumper then the others. And Waluigi, would he jump higher? Ad also, we've never seen the Wario bros. using items like Fireflowers, Mushrooms, etc. in any platformer game. One of the only example is when Wario uses the mushroom occasionally in Super Mario 64 DS. So overall, I think that Wario and Waluigi would be hard additions to platformer games, despite the fan cravings.

Steve said:
YoshiKong said:
Koopaul said:
That is why we got Blue and Yellow Toad instead of Wario and Waluigi. They aren't going to put in the time and effort to insert a character fans want, when there is an alternative that is easier and works just as well.
I can't imagine Waluigi with his skinny and awkward frame jumping around in a platformer :D
I agree.
Not to mention the fact that, to make the game make sense, they'd have to have the same physics that Wario has in most games; a lower jumper then the others. And Waluigi, would he jump higher? Ad also, we've never seen the Wario bros. using items like Fireflowers, Mushrooms, etc. in any platformer game. One of the only example is when Wario uses the mushroom occasionally in Super Mario 64 DS. So overall, I think that Wario and Waluigi would be hard additions to platformer games, despite the fan cravings.
In generic toads' example, the staff just make everyone share the same Mario items and movesets, regardless of the nature difference they have. If Waluigi or Peach just gets playble in NSMB5, they still use the items and don't jump higher than Mario bros.

In Wario Land, I don't know if physics is also an obstacle for Waluigi to be playable, or the staff can make it like Kirby Wii which where different character plays differently.

Something that has been really bugging me lately is how childish the Mario series has become. Well, I'm not sure if "childish" is the right word, as Mario has always been a childish series, but the animations of the characters seem to be more and more ridiculous every time. Also, the voice acting is worse every game that passes. I'm sick of seeing Mario and Luigi doing girly poses in the latest games. Nintendo should remember that Mario and Luigi may be "role models" for kids (they were mine as a child, at least) and in my opinion, it's not proper to teach boys to do girly poses. This also goes to other characters like Waluigi and very especially, Yoshi (this one pisses me off the most since he's my favorite character).

Just in case, I don't want to offend anyone with my comment. I can't express completely what I want to say since I'm not sure of how. English isn't my first language so I don't know how to say many of the things I want to say :(

Your English is pretty good, imo.

Anser said:
This also goes to other characters like Waluigi and very especially, Yoshi (this one pisses me off the most since he's my favorite character).

Isn't Waluigi already a character who would do girly poses to begin with?

If by "girly poses", you mean Luigi's lesbian pose in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, that was most likely an accident. If not, I'd like to see some other examples.

Wait, what poses are considered girly? I don't recall seeing any "girly" poses in NSMBU? Is putting your fist in the air considered girly now? Is spinning and then striking a pose girly too? What would masculine poses be: Mario flexing his "muscles" or Luigi ripping his shirt off?

YoshiKong said:
Your English is pretty good, imo.

Thanks!

Baby Luigi said:
Isn't Waluigi already a character who would do girly poses to begin with?

But it hasn't been like that all the time. Remember Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Party 3? He was evil, scary, not the girly clown he is now.

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
If by "girly poses", you mean Luigi's lesbian pose in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, that was most likely an accident. If not, I'd like to see some other examples.

-Yoshi's dance when waiting to be selected in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.
-Yoshi's "Loading" scene in Mario Super Sluggers, where he dances with an egg.
-Waluigi's victory pose in Mario Party 8, where he gets a rose out.
-Mario's way of walking during the first part of the intro of Super Mario Galaxy.

And many more. I had one more example of Mario while I was making this list and I forgot it. When I remember it, I'll edit this post.

Chilly said:
Wait, what poses are considered girly? I don't recall seeing any "girly" poses in NSMBU? Is putting your fist in the air considered girly now? Is spinning and then striking a pose girly too? What would masculine poses be: Mario flexing his "muscles" or Luigi ripping his shirt off?

I don't know about New Super Mario Bros. U because I haven't played it. And no, I'm not saying they have to go all macho, but at least have more neutral animations instead of the girly ones they have now.

Anser said:
-Yoshi's dance when waiting to be selected in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.
Well, he moves his arms like he's flapping, but I don't see a problem with it? Childish: maybe. Girly: no. Then again, I don't see many people looking up to Yoshi as a role model, if any.

Anser said:
-Yoshi's "Loading" scene in Mario Super Sluggers, where he dances with an egg.
I guess Yoshi shaking his rear isn't too manly, but whatever, it's a game for children.

Anser said:
-Waluigi's victory pose in Mario Party 8, where he gets a rose out.
I feel like you're pulling at strings here. Is it girly because of the rose? I was thinking that the pose was to show more of Waluigi's, er, I guess "romantic" side. Yeah, I'm pulling at strings here too, but the pose is definitely not girl.

Anser said:
-Mario's way of walking during the first part of the intro of Super Mario Galaxy.
It's definitely not the most masculine or normal way of walking, but it seems more like he's having a good time. I guess holding your arms out and pretending to be in an airplane can be considered childish. All kids, boys and girls, do this so I don't see how this fits with the girly pose.

@Chilly You said it yourself many times, too "childish". I'd rather have them have neutral gestures like the ones they had in the earlier days. Have you wondered why most adult gamers have turned their backs on Mario games? Even players who used to play Mario games in their young days? Yes, it's because the games have become way too childish. Mario has slowly become a joke in the world of videogames (not the character, I'm referring to his games) and many players outside the kids are ignoring him. Hell, I have even heard KIDS say that Mario games are ridiculous. =/ I'm not saying this is all because of the characters' poses, but it sure is part of the feeling the games transmit.

Anser said:
@Chilly You said it yourself many times, too "childish". I'd rather have them have neutral gestures like the ones they had in the earlier days. Have you wondered why most adult gamers have turned their backs on Mario games? Even players who used to play Mario games in their young days? Yes, it's because the games have become way too childish. Mario has slowly become a joke in the world of videogames (not the character, I'm referring to his games) and many players outside the kids are ignoring him. Hell, I have even heard KIDS say that Mario games are ridiculous. =/ I'm not saying this is all because of the characters' poses, but it sure is part of the feeling the games transmit.

Is there anything wrong with being childish? How do you know those kids have really bad taste in games and judge things before they play them?

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
I think that they should get rid of all eyes and smiles on inanimate objects (except for the star).

What's wrong with them?

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

Is there anything wrong with being childish? How do you know those kids have really bad taste in games and judge things before they play them?

yeah completely agreed. Nothing wrong with some childish features in todays gaming world, considering that most of it tries too hard to be grit, realistic, and mature as possible.

Anser said:

I don't care if it is childish,it's still a fun series to play.

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
I think that they should get rid of all eyes and smiles on inanimate objects (except for the star).

I agree with this,there really isn't much point IMO in having faces on almost everything.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

It's not a fact that it's wrong, it's just that I don't like it. Hence why I said "in my opinion" in my very first post. Every game that passes I become a little more disappointed of Mario games because they're more and more childish every time, and I like it less every time.

And no, before someone comes saying "THEN GO PLAY HARDCORE GAMES FOR ADULTS LIKE CALL OF DUTY", that's not the answer. I don't like Call of Duty and I don't give two shits about what happens to that franchise. I complain about Mario because I care about it and it bothers me that every time I like it less, because with every new game I feel like they make it more and more childish. That's all.

Rocket J. Squirrel said:

I have to agree. I wouldn't say we have to get rid of everything that has eyes already, but come on, stop giving a face to every single item you come up with, Miyamoto. It's creepy as hell.

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
yep everytime I play smw i'm like this game is great wait does that mountain have eyes? man fuck this game it's terrible mountains having eyes bullshit

Back