How could you improve a Mario game?

Improving a game by making new themes for worlds would be great,i'm really sick of the same Grass,Desert,Water ETC. themes.

The 45th Sith Lord said:
Improving a game by making new themes for worlds would be great,i'm really sick of the same Grass,Desert,Water ETC. themes.

Yeah, those themes are tired and boring. Nintendo should do something creative with them

10 worlds. Keep the first seven, add haunted and robotic worlds, then a huge Bowser Castle with several levels inside.

Open world 3d platformer.

Able to learn new techniques for better platforming, item storage for power ups, etc. etc.

sounds cool to me anyway.

I've always thought it'd be cool if Super Mario Sunshine was open-world

For the NSMBU boss fight, Bowser's fire should home in on the player for a short time, Bowser should make shock waves when he jumps, and he should take six hits to beat.

Champion Christmas said:
For the NSMBU boss fight, Bowser's fire should home in on the player for a short time, Bowser should make shock waves when he jumps, and he should take six hits to beat.

There's no point dragging out a boss fight with a repeating strategy. It'll make it a lot more boring than it already is.

Bowser should use a health bar

Then again, you need to completely revamp the Mario formula for that to happen unless you have unlimited Fire Flowers

I think they should have done a better job at Combining worlds in NSMB2. Also have new ideas for worlds. Have like a Snow mountain, it sounds much better. Also maybe have like a Jungle followed by Ruins like in PMSS. And have a forest with a haunted area. Also have a factory/power plant world. And a city world would be the best!

YoshiGo99 said:
I think they should have done a better job at Combining worlds in NSMB2. Also have new ideas for worlds. Have like a Snow mountain, it sounds much better.

Don't they technically have that already?

YoshiGo99 said:
I think they should have done a better job at Combining worlds in NSMB2. Also have new ideas for worlds. Have like a Snow mountain, it sounds much better. Also maybe have like a Jungle followed by Ruins like in PMSS. And have a forest with a haunted area. Also have a factory/power plant world. And a city world would be the best!

They have that in NSMBU. There's a few levels in the middle where they are haunted.

New Year Baby Luigi said:
YoshiGo99 said:
I think they should have done a better job at Combining worlds in NSMB2. Also have new ideas for worlds. Have like a Snow mountain, it sounds much better.

Don't they technically have that already?
They have Shiver Mountain in PM and the snow world in PMSS. But not in the SMB series

I do kinda agree they need to change things around with the same 8 themes although it still doesn't bother me that much.

Yoshidude99 said:
I wish there was an area in the NSMB games like Chemical Plant in Sonic 2.
^Want that in a Mario game now.

One thing ive noticed in about every mario game ever, is bosses.

Theres only a handful of bosses that are actually thrilling or challening(and so its pretty moderate).

This often comes at bosses being the same, too slow, or just not a good enough pattern.

Of course rpg bosses also become a problem in most cases, but they're usually unique and fun anyway(looking at you paper mario and m&lss bosses).

Yeah, bosses always should have the right balance in difficulty. Too easy and I get bored. Too hard and I get frustrated and give up.

I loved the M&LSS bosses, especially that Birdo battle and the Koopalings.

YoshiKong said:
Yeah, how many times has that Princess got kidnapped? :rolleyes:
SMB: 1
SMB2(JP): 2
SMB3: 3
SMW: 4
SM64(DS): 5
SMS: 6
NSMB: 7
YIDS: 8
SMG: 9
SMG2: 10
NSMBW: 11
NSMB2: 12
NSMBU: 13

There may be some I am missing

Also, I would want stage-creating like Scribblenauts, but more creative such as choosing each tile

I'd like to see Geno and Mallow again. I don't understand why Square claimed copyright on characters they're never going to use again.

Also, how about some actual crossovers outside of Super Smash Bros and the Olympics?

Staraptor said:
I'd like to see Geno and Mallow again. I don't understand why Square claimed copyright on characters they're never going to use again.

you'd be surprised how often this plays out.

Although I like Mallow a lot, i don't really see the appeal of geno, since he wasn't really useful and didn't have much of a personality at all.

The weird thing is that a lot of people like Geno more and find Mallow useless.

Personality-wise, Geno seems like Mario except he can actually talk. :|

Staraptor said:
The weird thing is that a lot of people like Geno more and find Mallow useless.

Personality-wise, Geno seems like Mario except he can actually talk. :|

He still rarely says anything though and when he does its usually people are like wtf ever dude! He mainly seems amazingly overrated for some weird reason.

Mallow on the hand was pretty hilarious and was pretty useful, especially with his later spells doing good damage.

Sadly he wasn't as good as mario, peach, and bowser.

Christmas Crackin355 said:
YoshiGo99 said:

They have that in NSMBU. There's a few levels in the middle where they are haunted.
Yeah I knew that but they need more of those kind of worlds

YoshiGo99 said:
YoshiGo99 said:

So you want multiple worlds of the same theme. I'd say that'd be worse than what they already have.

YoshiGo99 said:
YoshiGo99 said:

So you want multiple worlds of the same theme. I'd say that'd be worse than what they already have.
Well not entirely. Like the Beach and Forest should never be combined again. Maybe like a sunset beach theme. Like add a few new things to the themes. A prehistoric desert or a Canyon Desert would be good. I am I am just trying to say don't use world themes that we have seen and combine them, use a world theme we have seen and combine it with something new.

Back