Mario Party 9

Tumble was all right, though. Not MC Ballyhoo. Ugh.

I want a Fluzzard minigame in Mario Party 9

Ornithologist Mario said:
Yes, so we can actually use these Galaxy characters instead of creating more forgettable ones.

I can do without Lubba, it's Rosalina that I'm concerned about.

I loved those cutscenes in Mario Party 2 when you beat a board. Those costumes were great, too! I wish you can use them when playing minigames.

They should make you able to switch costumes on the menu sorta what the Smash series does, but just less cheap recolors.

I'm hoping for a Ninja-themed board. Pirates had their turn in Mario Party 2, so it's only fair that the more awesome warrior classification got their time in the spotlight. 8)

Raphael said:
I'm hoping for a Ninja-themed board. Pirates had their turn in Mario Party 2, so it's only fair that the more awesome warrior classification got their time in the spotlight. 8)

Ninja Toadette/Baby Luigi FTW

I would LOVE a Ninja-themed board!

I like costumes more than cheap recolors any day.

You mean a Dr. Mario themed board?

I am really liking these new ideas!

I wish the later Mario Parties would return costumes. I think costumes made Mario Party 2 very memorable.

Costumes are awesome. You would never want to miss the sight of Wario in a witch suit

I would go with a themed board, though

I would like to choose your costumes, though. If we need to fit the theme of the board, let's make it so you can switch costumes in other modes.

This has probably been said before, but we need these back:

-Donkey Kong playable. They could have gave his role in the later games to someone else easily.
-Battle mini game spaces. They feel almost non-existant in the later MP's.
-Regular "get the star" boards; no cheap gimmicky ones. The classic boards were funner.
-Duel mode and Duel boards. This was an interesting concept I was sad to see dropped.

Also, something I want the most:

RETRO MODE! I'm talking about bringing back the best boards from each game, and the best mini games from each game. I will literally cry if this happened. MP2 and MP3 games need to come back. MP1... maybe. Just no control stick whore games.

Donkey Kong: Agreed.
Battle Mini Game Space: They ARE non-existent. Starting with 5, the spaces were removed and battle mini-games were chosen randomly.

Regular Boards: Agreed and Disagreed. There should be at least one regular "Get the star" board, but if they were all like that, I'd personally get bored.

Duel Mode/Boards: Agreed, but give the partners better stats and reasonable salaries.

If they do return the control stick games, they would probably make it button-mashing. I'm not fond of button-mashing, though.

Ornithologist Mario said:
If they do return the control stick games, they would probably make it button-mashing. I'm not fond of button-mashing, though.

Me neither. The "A" button on all of my controllers (and my DS) feel worn out, and sometimes I fail to pull off certain action commands in Paper Mario.

Raphael said:
Donkey Kong: Agreed.
Battle Mini Game Space: They ARE non-existent. Starting with 5, the spaces were removed and battle mini-games were chosen randomly.

Regular Boards: Agreed and Disagreed. There should be at least one regular "Get the star" board, but if they were all like that, I'd personally get bored.

Duel Mode/Boards: Agreed, but give the partners better stats and reasonable salaries.

I was vague about the battle mini games, I just realized. I knew there were no spaces, I just meant as a whole the battle mini game felt nonexistent.

And yeah, the Duel Mode partners I'll agree with you. I would also like to see a bigger roster of partners, updated.

I hope they limit those games in Mario Party 9. I have high hopes for that game.

I haven't played Duel Mode yet, so I have no opinions on it...yet.

Mario said:
RETRO MODE! I'm talking about bringing back the best boards from each game, and the best mini games from each game. I will literally cry if this happened. MP2 and MP3 games need to come back. MP1... maybe. Just no control stick whore games.

When I first saw that, I instantly thought of blocky N64 graphic models :P

Yes, N64 models are the BEST GRAPHICS EVER

Back