Mario Party 9

I think it gives color to an N64 game. Graphics like these are always bright for some reason.

Plus, the triangle ears and cube hands make me laugh

Yeah, look how much our models changed. From Mario Party to Mario Party 9.

Look at Ornithologist Mario's avatar and be amazed by how amazing the graphics are

I think MP9 should have 60hz since what is the point of the boarders.

Young Link said:
I think MP9 should have 60hz since what is the point of the boarders.

Huh? I don't understand your sentence

I think the user meant widescreen support. Mario Party 8 was plagued by the ugly blue borders.

I agree with that. Mario Party 9 looks like it will have no borders.

No wonder Mario Party 8 felt so rushed and bad.

>>Ornithologist Mario
60 Hz ≠ Widescreen.
60 Hz means "60 hertz", it means it shows you 60 'pictures' per second, and it's been in use in America and Japan since the very beginning of the TV.
Europe and Australia, at the other hand, used to have 50 Hz only, which shows you 50 'pictures' per second, making the video standard slower, but has a higher quality.
In these days, however, European and Australian TV's support both 50 Hz, and 60 Hz.

For instance, here's a good comparison of the American Super Mario 64, running on a European Wii, which can be set on both 50 Hz, and 60 Hz:

Hertz. That's what I thought it was, but it was difficult to understand the sentence.

I thought Mario Party 8's frame-speed wasn't magnificent. Am I seeing things?

No wonder I was confused at the sentence. I thought hertz was a unit for energy, nothing to do with borders or widescreen

Is Mario Party 8 running at a slow frame-rate or what?

It is a pretty slow game at the boards, but I think the minigame speed is fine

That was actually funny

Yes, it was funny :) but it's funny because it's so bad...

It's the same reason I laugh at N64 graphics

He's actually aiming on the PAL version of Mario Party 8, which supports 50 Hz only, and in my opinion, it's annoying as well.

Wow. Mario Party 8 is very bad for Wii standards.

Well, it's the first Wii Mario game, anyway.

Yes, but are those borders an excuse? No.

Overall, Mario Party 8 is something the Gamecube can perform easily, aside from the Motion Controls.

Back