Mario Party 9

Villain11 said:
5 was my third favorite. For me, my top 3 are:
1. Mario Party 4
2. Mario Party 3
3. Mario Party 5

How many Mario Party games do you own?

If you prefer 5 over 2, I don't know what to say.

>>Link_Dudette
I'd recommend 6, that's my favourite Mario Party game.

Link_Dudette said:
ds was rubbish seriously no toadette or birdo or the bowsers.
I thought you hated Birdo because "(s)he's a tranny!!!!"

Link_Dudette said:
mpds is overated, and so is 8
btw im getting I might get a gcn one, what gcn one is the best

I'd go either 4 or 6.

Every GCN mario party is good. My fave is 4 as it´s the closest to the n64 originals and barely relies on luck except for the dice block, obviously (no, really, even the chance time spaces are very well hidden in the boards).

5 is good because it has a lot of interesting minigames, the super duel mode and the boards are good, but it relies on luck way too much (you can´t even buy items as they are dispensed at random)

6 is just as good as the other two but reverts back to the more skilled gameplay with a little luck involved instead of being a luck fest like 5. Also the boards are awesome and solo mode is short and sweet. My personal favourite after 4. Some people may find the day/night thing too gimmicky but I like it.

7 is like half skill, half luck. It introduces new types of bonus stars and new gimmicks like Bowser time (which happens every 5 turns except for the last 5 ones) but since it doesn´t let you customize gameplay rules (unlike, say, super smash bros games), it isn´t as good as it should be. For example, there are like 7 types of bonus stars, but only three are awarded in each match, but since you can´t choose which ones you do want to appear, it´s all about luck, which results in losing matches because some lucky bas**** receives all three bonus stars for such silly criteria as rolling the highest numbers (completely luck based, zero skill save for buying lots of golden shrooms and pray to get high numbers) or LANDING ON THE MOST RED SPACES (who would want that? well maybe you would want to land on a red space in a specific turn to play against some rival, but who would seriously want to land on red spaces, specially since they can make you lose up to 9 coins in the last turns?).

Don´t get me wrong, I really liked 7 because of it´s minigames, the solo cruise, the extra modes like king of the river and the 8 player mode which is awesome, the new characters like Birdo, the mic minigames which improved big time since the MP6 ones, etc etc. It´s the most complete one. I just didn´t like how it has 50% skill, 50% luck, which made me lose some matches because of bad luck, something that didn´t happen (or at least not that much) back in 4 and 6 (5 sucks for people with bad luck like me :P )

In any case, get any of the above. None are perfect, but none are BAD. All those are great games.

Mario Party 7 had the mistake of Bowser Time and the stupid reward roulette when you beat someone in a duel. I always get that stupid dud.

Mario Party 6 had the best duel system. At least you get to choose what you want to put at stake.

Mario Party 8 is not overrated, but I think it feels quite rushed compared to other Mario Parties.

Link_Dudette said:
ok my bro is getting 5 he said

Way to get the one that none of us suggested/the worst one.

LeftyGreenMario said:
President Iwata said:
Link_Dudette said:

I think Mario Party 8 was worse.
Way to not read the thread. She said Gamecube game.

President Iwata said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
President Iwata said:
Link_Dudette said:

I think Mario Party 8 was worse.
Way to not read the thread. She said Gamecube game.

Sometimes I don't have the patience.

Mario Party 7 was worse than Mario Party 5, IMO.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Mario Party 6 had the best duel system. At least you get to choose what you want to put at stake.
6 was just very well done all around. It had a good approach to the story and had tons of creative game modes and maps, some of which were duds (Clockwork Castle ugh) but most of which were really fun.

Herr Shyguy said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
6 was just very well done all around. It had a good approach to the story and had tons of creative game modes and maps, some of which were duds (Clockwork Castle ugh) but most of which were really fun.

I forget, which one was the one that you can get like 6 stars at once? That was awesome for stocking up on stars for the Star Bank.

Best Star Stocker board in my opinion was DK's board in Mario Party DS.

You just need to put like 25 turns then save up all your cash and hope that for the final five, you get Stars for five coins.

Just go to the top and buy as many stars you can afford. It's the best strategy ever 8)

Link_Dudette said:
My brother, not me, I might get 4 and 6

Oh I see, gotcha.

I hope there will be a nightime thing again. At nightime, everyone transforms in people like, Shadow Mario, Mr. L, Shadow Peach, Dark Bowser etc.

Back