Mario Party 9

Has anyone tried out the new Wii Party? Does it even compare to the Mario Party games? I really wish they would continue this series.

Jake said:
Has anyone tried out the new Wii Party? Does it even compare to the Mario Party games? I really wish they would continue this series.

Wii Party is more about mini-games and different game modes compared to the Mario Party series. MP is more about the boards compared to Wii Party, which only has one.

Hopefully we'll see another MP on the 3DS or on Nintendo's next console.

If they make one it'd better have more characters and better games. Better graphics too, since MP 8 had a 75% use of the screen and sucked pretty much.

DaisyGaga said:
Wii Party is more about mini-games and different game modes compared to the Mario Party series. MP is more about the boards compared to Wii Party, which only has one.
Yes, I found it disappointing that Wii Party includes only one board.

How is the quality of the mini games?

mp 9 could be an awsome game, with galaxy and the other new series's about.
hasnt the wii only had one mp

if nintendo make wii kart or wii galaxy i will go mental ;)

New Super Mario said:
Wii Kart? Wow...... I can not see people like Olimar or Samus riding in a kart
I think she meant stuff along the lines of Wii Sports, Wii Party etc.

i did, i mean miis are silent weird looking people
but mario is a real series with people with personalities

mario/wii doom list
wii kart
wii party 2
wii bros.
wii galaxy
wii sluggers
paper miis

>>Feel_Good_Inc.
You forgot one: Mii 1 and Mii 2 RPG (from Mario & Luigi RPG).

No. Nintendo will never replace Mario with Miis. Mario has been around since 1985, Miis, since 2006. Learn to wait, you're speaking too soon. Just because a new Mario Party game hasn't been announced it doesn't mean "omg nintendo is getting rid of mario!" Their only purpose is for players to immortalise themselves and their friends, and also put themselves in some games as extras. They have been planned for a very long time, so, if Nintendo wanted to eradicate Mario, they would have done so a long time back. Wii Party has been made for the same purposes as Wii Sports, Wii Play etc.

I'm sure a Mario Party will come along soon. Perhaps, it just needs more time or it isn't part of Nintendo's focus at the time being. Perhaps not a wii one for now, but I can really see a Mario Party 3DS coming along eventually.

We had Super Sluggers after Wii Sports. But no Mario Tennis or Mario Golf :(

New play control does not count. It's basically the same game with different controls. I want a new game.

New Super Mario said:
I want golf in sports mix

Doesn't look like it's gonna happen, though

i would like mario golf, i would be able to get my mum to play(she is obsessed with wii sports golf)
maybe they are planning mp 9 now

It's a possibility they just started working on it

Back