Mario Party 9

I always think it's a handheld for some reason.

I hope they do more "retro" minigames. The puzzle ones are a great start in Mario Party DS.

Looks like the Car thing is the main mode. It's time to get used to it.

New Christmas Yoshi said:
Looks like the Car thing is the main mode. It's time to get used to it.

I hope the traditional mode still exists....

^Seeing as the traditional star appeared at the end of the trailer, I would assume that the traditional mode exists. Anyways, I noticed that you use the A button to hit the dice blocks, which makes me think there's going to be Nunchuk compatibility :P

Yoshi8984 said:
^Seeing as the traditional star appeared at the end of the trailer, I would assume that the traditional mode exists. Anyways, I noticed that you use the A button to hit the dice blocks, which makes me think there's going to be Nunchuk compatibility :P

You mean Nunchuk compatibility in the main mode?

YESSSSSSSSSS! Thank you! Using Wiimote on the side was a pain in Mario Party 8.

I hope there is nunchuk compatibility. It doesn't hurt to have a control stick and two extra buttons.

I liked the GC controller more than the Wii Remote. More comfortable, right?

Yeah, and unless you're using one of the wavebirds, you don't have to worry about the power running out. Plus, I find it easier to plug in a new GC controller mid-game than letting a wii mote join mid-game.

In the past Mario Parties (specifically 6), I love plugging in all 4 controllers and start playing, racking up a ton of coins and stars for one character, allowing me to unlock everything in a timely manner.

You can do the CPU only match for 50 turns, or you can use two controllers to control your character while the other controller can mess up the CPU. That's what I did, but for fun. :P

I was wondering if anything from the previous Mario Parties should be brought back.

I'd like to see Koopa Troopa's 10 coin bonus,the Last 5 Turns Roulette and the Lotto Shop again.

And the mushroom space (Don't eat the mushroom!)

Kick Buttowski said:
I was wondering if anything from the previous Mario Parties should be brought back.

I'd like to see Koopa Troopa's 10 coin bonus,the Last 5 Turns Roulette and the Lotto Shop again.

And the mushroom space (Don't eat the mushroom!)

The Dueling system. Mario Party 7 onward had the crappiest dueling system. I mean, really, Mario Party 7? NOTHING for winning the duel? Really Mario Party DS, only MY 20 coins at stake? Unfair. Mario Party 6 was the last game where you can choose what you want to put at stake and whatever you put at stake is always fair because if you don't meet the criteria, you don't have the option to put it at stake.

Mario Party 9 looks good but I don't know if it will beat the older Mario Parties. It will probably be better than Boom Street though.

I wouldnt rule out the possibility that Boom Street is good. It's shaping up to be a very interesting game. But this is too. Either way, they are both worth the money.

Fortune Street is good in its own way, but the lack of voices makes it kinda anti-climatic. Plus, matches usually last a few hours on Easy mode.

Back