Mario Party 9

From what I can see, it looks like the minigames are variations of ones from the other games, with some new ones mixed in. (The concept of the minigames.) It also looks like Toad isn't playable this time around, and he can become host again. I might be wrong on this, but I think Bowser Jr. will be a playable character.

GutsehMan said:
From what I can see, it looks like the minigames are variations of ones from the other games, with some new ones mixed in. (The concept of the minigames.) It also looks like Toad isn't playable this time around, and he can become host again. I might be wrong on this, but I think Bowser Jr. will be a playable character.

Last I've checked, Toad is playable. Bowser Jr. is not however, as he appears in his very own mini-games; one involves two players chasing him in a NSMB Wii themed level.

GutsehMan said:
...did we watch the same trailer? Cuz from what I saw, Toad is playable, and Bowser Jr. is not.

Well, I saw the only trailer released so far, and I guess Toad IS playable. My mistake, but I have the feeling Bowser Jr. still might be playable, but only in story mode or something like that.

Ice Cream Cone said:
I think the Koopalings should host. It'd be cool.

That's a pretty good idea.

Ludwig's Orchestral Performance.
Lemmy's Circus
Roy's Stadium
Iggy's Laboratory
Wendy's Water World
Morton's Gym
Larry's Greenhouse

Nah, I only want Koopalings in the Bowser board. It will look strange that they are hosting the game and explaining minigames and stuff like that

I'm not a fan of the new Mario Party games, and I know they haven't been very good recently, but I'm still very excited for this game. It seems like I've always been really excited for these games. I remember dying for a Wii just so I could play that terrible MP8 game.

9 does look kind of promising and yeah, I'll admit, I only wanted 8 so I could play as Hammer Bro. and the boards looked inresting.

I'm really tempted to get this game just so I can play as Koopa and Shy Guy.

I wish they can reveal Baby Mario and Baby Luigi playable rather than two generic enemies, honestly

Toad is playable in Mario Party 9 and he should remain playable in the series. We have more characters to fill in the host spot. His popularity is probably why he became a playable character (ironically, DK became a host after Toad became playable).

Propeller Toad said:
Toad is playable in Mario Party 9 and he should remain playable in the series. We have more characters to fill in the host spot. His popularity is probably why he became a playable character (ironically, DK became a host after Toad became playable).

Actually, I think DK became a host in order to help the players and to counter Bowser harming the players. But yeah, Toad should remain playable, that's why I love Mario Party 5 so much as well as 6 when Toadette was playable.

FireSoul said:
Propeller Toad said:

Actually, I think DK became a host in order to help the players and to counter Bowser harming the players. But yeah, Toad should remain playable, that's why I love Mario Party 5 so much as well as 6 when Toadette was playable.

You know, they could have either keep the lucky space, make Donkey Kong playable, and give original awards; or they could make a Rosalina space that functions just like a Donkey Kong space.

If anyone will suggest it, no, please keep Bowser as a space. I love seeing him screw up the partyers *insert your favorite character here*, Daisy, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Wario.

Ornithologist Mario said:
FireSoul said:
Propeller Toad said:

You know, they could have either keep the lucky space, make Donkey Kong playable, and give original awards; or they could make a Rosalina space that functions just like a Donkey Kong space.

Good ideas, although another reason is probably because Hudson didn't see much reason to make DK playable as he ,Yoshi, Boo and Koopa Kid were the only ones not to have partners, (Mario and Luigi, Peach and Daisy, Wario and Waluigi, Toad and Toadette,) and they certaintly couldn't get rid of Yoshi otherwise a lot of people would've been mad about Yoshi's removal, and even then, Yoshi gained Birdo while Boo got Dry Bones as partners in 7 while Koopa Kid was removed. Of course, they could add Diddy as a partner for DK. Maybe I'm overthinking this.

FireSoul said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
FireSoul said:
Propeller Toad said:

Good ideas, although another reason is probably because Hudson didn't see much reason to make DK playable as he ,Yoshi, Boo and Koopa Kid were the only ones not to have partners, (Mario and Luigi, Peach and Daisy, Wario and Waluigi, Toad and Toadette,) and they certaintly couldn't get rid of Yoshi otherwise a lot of people would've been mad about Yoshi's removal, and even then, Yoshi gained Birdo while Boo got Dry Bones as partners in 7 while Koopa Kid was removed. Of course, they could add Diddy as a partner for DK. Maybe I'm overthinking this.

Why are characters subjected to have partners? I don't understand. There is no partner system other than in Mario Party 7.

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are still perfect candidates. Just no Baby Peach and Baby Daisy. Thank you, even though I would love seeing a Bob-omb blow up on Baby Peach and hearing her scream her trademark scream.

I would love trap setting orbs to come back rather than candies. Traps are awesome!

FireSoul said:
I didn't partner as in someone you're required to work with. I just meant like a counterpart.

And like I said before, I'm overthinking this.

Characters aren't required to have counterparts. I mean, look at Donkey Kong. He had no "someone-that-is-related-to-him" playable character for 4 Mario Parties.

Back