Mario Party 9

I hope Mario Party 9 is way better than 8.

Gah, I can't make a post because people keep posting before me (four or five people in a row, it's a new record for me).

Good and bad news about this.

Good news: Finally a replacement for Mario Party 8: My neighbors (who I babysit) ALWAYS want to play MP8, but I can't stand that game anymore!

Bad news: The fact that all the characters are cramped up in a stupid car at the beginning of the trailer seems to tell me that the boards will again all have different ways to collect stars. And that means this probably won't be as good.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Gah, I can't make a post because people keep posting before me (four or five people in a row, it's a new record for me).

Good news: Finally a replacement for Mario Party 8: My neighbors (who I babysit) ALWAYS want to play MP8, but I can't stand that game anymore!

Bad news: The fact that all the characters are cramped up in a stupid car at the beginning of the trailer seems to tell me that the boards will again all have different ways to collect stars. And that means this probably won't be as good.

It's been like than since Mario Party 6.

Just a minor detail, but I liked it better when character stats are on all four corners of the screen, and when it shows the front of your character mugshots.

Nega-Man said:
Mario Party 9 better be badass. If that's possible.

It will only be badass if it has Wario, Donkey Kong, Waluigi, and Baby Luigi playable

Shy Guy is playable. That is one step. Now, we really need Donkey return as playable. :mad:

The Magic School Bus said:
Nega-Man said:

It will only be badass if it has Wario, Donkey Kong, Waluigi, and Baby Luigi playable
I thought you hated Wario.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Yeah. I liked it better when you just had to walk around the boards, reach the star space, and pay 20 coins for a star.

I hope the thing the characters were doing at the beginning of the trailer was just one of those mini-game modes, and not part of the main game.

Ugh. It's getting hard to post here. Like six people posted as I was trying to post this.

Nega-Man said:
Nega-Man said:

She needs somebody to kill in Mario Party, no?

Nega-Man said:
Nega-Man said:

Do you think I like playing Waluigi and Donkey Kong too?

I like them because of their role in Mario Party 4. Baby Luigi will be the guy I'm playing as.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Yeah. I liked it better when you just had to walk around the boards, reach the star space, and pay 20 coins for a star.

I hope the thing the characters were doing at the beginning of the trailer was just one of those mini-game modes, and not part of the main game.

Ugh. It's getting hard to post here. Like six people posted as I was trying to post this.

I hope the stupid car thing is not a mechanic present in all boards.

Yay, playable Shy Guy! Somebody ought to post screenshots of MP9, PM3DS, and LM2 on the mian wiki.

(We REALLY need to something about the posting conflict problem)

Doesn't look like Bowser Jr. will be playable, judging by the screenshots

FireSoul said:
Yay, playable Shy Guy! Somebody ought to post screenshots of MP9, PM3DS, and LM2 on the mian wiki.

People are excited, like me. I mean, after two years or so of no Mario Party, wouldn't your excitement stir the dead if Mario Party 9 finally got announced?

Fawfulfury65 said:
Where do you see Whittles in the trailer?

It's in that wood-chopping minigame

FireSoul said:

People are excited, like me. I mean, after two years or so of no Mario Party, wouldn't your excitement stir the dead if Mario Party 9 finally got announced?

Can't blame anybody for being excited, but the posting conflict problem just bugs me that's all.

Anyway, with all of these generic characters being playable, who's going to run the shops and board events?

FireSoul said:
FireSoul said:

Can't blame anybody for being excited, but the posting conflict problem just bugs me that's all.

Anyway, with all of these generic characters being playable, who's going to run the shops and board events?

Goombas, different colored Koopa Troopas, Paratroopas. There's a lot of generic enemies still unused

FireSoul said:
FireSoul said:

Other generic characters in outfits to distinguish them.

Speaking of outfits, I wish that returned from Mario Party 2.

Ice Cream Cone said:
On the wiki, it says he is confirmed playable, so maybe you unlock him after defeating him or something

You can't rely on the wiki. It might make assumptions.

Ice Cream Cone said:
On the wiki, it says he is confirmed playable, so maybe you unlock him after defeating him or something

It does discuss that on a talk page, though. And I can remove that any time I want.

Ice Cream Cone said:

Just because the wiki says so, that doesn't mean its true.

FireSoul said:
FireSoul said:

Other generic characters in outfits to distinguish them.

Speaking of outfits, I wish that returned from Mario Party 2.

Oh, yeah. outfits rule! Although Peach looked ridiculous in those.

Back