Mario Party 9

Crackin355 said:
Even though it seems hopeless, I do hope they continue the Mario Party series. Just completed Mario Party 3 and Mario Party 1 and I'm gonna have them all eventually. Candy, Orbs and Hexes were a bad idea, I don't know why they didn't just stick to regular Items. Maybe a few boards, The Koopaling Idea sounds good* Except, Bowser shouldn't be playable, considering he's the main villian in almost every single one.

Quizmo Maniac said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
No because then Bowser wouldn't be around to steal coins and stuff, and that would make the game so boring.
Here is my idea for that.
Mario Party 9 has 8 boards, each with one of the koopalings acting as the Bowser equivalent.

Huh? I love orbs. Traps are awesome. The Sparky Sticker pales in comparison with Orbs.

I prefer Koopa Kid, though.

Hey, I am newbie. I wanted characters by return. I am Shadow Mario fangirl. I thinks i want his return. i saw everyone loved ShadowMario. i know my grammar and my English sucks. i really want Peach wear her tennis and ponytails by unlock like as in "Mario Sports Mix" Peach and Daisy by unlocked by Mushroom Cup and Flower Cup. really wanted to play them in MP9 i hope it was good.

If a Mario Party 9 does happen, they should really make the playable character list smaller (give Boo his old role of stealing coins and stars for the players).

Crackin355 said:
Candy, Orbs and Hexes were a bad idea, I don't know why they didn't just stick to regular Items.

I didn't mind the orbs/capsules, but yeah, the items should come back but at more affordable prices, they were too expensive in Mario Party 2. Also, no Mega/Mini Mushrooms.

I personally think the large character roster is fine. It's fun to play as different characters.

superjeff64 said:
If a Mario Party 9 does happen, they should really make the playable character list smaller (give Boo his old role of stealing coins and stars for the players).

Crackin355 said:
Candy, Orbs and Hexes were a bad idea, I don't know why they didn't just stick to regular Items.

I didn't mind the orbs/capsules, but yeah, the items should come back but at more affordable prices, they were too expensive in Mario Party 2. Also, no Mega/Mini Mushrooms.

Pink Boo could work as a stealer. She is just a pink Boo.

Besides crushing people with the Mega Shroom is kind of funny.

The bigger the roster, the better.

Scrub Jay said:
Pink Boo could work as a stealer. She is just a pink Boo.

Besides crushing people with the Mega Shroom is kind of funny.
The bigger the roster, the better.

Not if you're the one getting crushed especially if you're so close to winning.

As for the roster, I guess a bigger roster wouldn't be so bad, but Nintendo needs to stop putting in so many generic characters. Who else is supposed to run the board events and shops?

I usually tend to play with computers, and I'm usually rich with many stars anyway, so the 10- coins isn't much of a loss for me.

There are much of other stuff that steals your coins. Mega Mushroom isn't the only culprit.

The Mega Mushroom DOES have downsides, like bypassing important events.

Besides, there were no other methods to roll more dice at the time.

Scrub Jay said:

Thanks for the reminder, but I think that was the ONLY downside.

Scrub Jay said:

Well, Nintendo should take the Mega Mushroom and remove the extra dice and also include the regular mushroom. That way the game would be a little bit more balanced.

Edit: I'd also like for Koopa Troopa to reward players with 10 coins every time they returned to start.

superjeff64 said:
Scrub Jay said:

Thanks for the reminder, but I think that was the ONLY downside.

Scrub Jay said:

Well, Nintendo should take the Mega Mushroom and remove the extra dice and also include the regular mushroom. That way the game would be a little bit more balanced.

Edit: I'd also like for Koopa Troopa to reward players with 10 coins every time they returned to start.

The only downside to the Mega Mushroom is still a big one. It could make you move more and squash players, yes, but let's see if it is a broken item now when you pass Boo Houses, Lottery Shops, Item Shops, and-especially- stars. This is also why the Mini-Mega Hammer works great when used correctly.

Koopa Troopa rewarding players? I rather win my 10 coins from minigames and this could get an advantage for lucky players.

I wonder when the next Mario Party game will come. Maybe never?

Scrub Jay said:
I wonder when the next Mario Party game will come. Maybe never?

That's what I hope not.

If there is another Mario Party, it better not have any more one-way boards. Those are very stupid (although I have to admit I kind of like Pagoda Peak), especially Goomba's Booty Boardwalk. And seriously? Free stars? I played this board with my two young neighbors and won almost every minigame, but in the end I barely won the full game (Bonus Stars were the reason I won), just because I couldn't roll any big numbers. Yeah, I have no idea what they were thinking there, since coins hardly do anything on that board, besides give you items (there aren't many item shops though) and let you ride dolphins (who aren't much of a help if you can barely progress to them).

The series needs to bring back the bigger board maps that all involve you traveling around the area trying to buy stars for 20 coins. Boo needs to steal stuff again too.

You probably liked Pagoda Peak because the cost of the stars rise and it isn't for free, unlike Goomba's Booty Boardwalk. That has to be one of the worst boards in the game, along with King Boo's Haunted Hideaway.

If they are going to make another Mario Party, get rid of those Lucky Spaces and Donkey Kong giving free stars. Those events are extremely annoying.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
If they are going to make another Mario Party, get rid of those Lucky Spaces and Donkey Kong giving free stars. Those events are extremely annoying.
I never land on those spaces.

If you ask me, the next Mario Party (if there's even going to be one) should have some elements from each of the previous parties.

1: Koopa Troopa's Ten Coin Bonus
2: Alternate costumes/endings for each board
3: Action Time (pressing A when someone lands on a Happening space)
4: Lotto Shop
5: Capsules
6: Day/Night Feature
7: Bowser Time
8: Different methods for getting stars on different boards.

on MP 8 the only board I like is koopas tycoon town cus then I can kick wario and birdos butts, the other day me and my bro beat them 15-2 and the only reason they got 2 was bonus stars, we got every hotel up to 3 stars.
The shyguy one is ok but if you land on a dk space and bankrupt CPU are near the front then its really annoying!
I would like another MP.

PokemonMaster said:
Neither do I... but the CPUs do. :mad:

Fawfulfury65 said:
PokemonMaster said:

And you know what happens next. You switch your 19 hard-earned stars with the failing CPUs.

PokemonMaster said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
PokemonMaster said:
I'd steal the stars then.

Yeah, except you have only 10 turns left!

Back