Mario Party 9

IMO, the series went HORRIBLY downhill when they decided to replace the item shop with the STUPID capsule system in Mario Party 5 and onwards.

Mario Party 6 had really interesting maps and gameplay mechanics, and having the story be completed just by playing parties and stuff instead of having a story mode instantly puts it in my favorites.

Dancing Raccoon said:
Everyone says that all of them sucked after 3. I liked 5,6,7,8. 4 could've been better but what's wrong with the others?
I loved 4 and 5. I thought 8 was OK...it kind of seems better if you don't play it for a while. I don't have any of the others.

I love 4, but like I said, once 5 replaced the item system, it all went to pot for me.

And then they added the microphone, which in my opinion just made it worse.

Mario Party 7 was a rather amusing Mario Party title, IMO. How often do 8 players get to play at the same time?

Anyway, Mario Party is pretty much retired now, so I really don't see a new Mario Party title coming up.

WaluigiWare said:
IMO, the series went HORRIBLY downhill when they decided to replace the item shop with the STUPID capsule system in Mario Party 5 and onwards.

THIS a million times.

Also, I want a reduced character roster, with NO GENERICS. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Rosalina and Diddy Kong/Donkey Kong Jr. would be excellent.

WaluigiWare said:
I actually liked the capsule system. Once items were placed on spaces, they would stay there forever, and that was manic by the end. If they do make MP9, they should have 8 player online, completely get rid of candies, and have boards like every MP before it had, not straight ones or fancy 3D ones. Also GC controller support.

FMGBASKFH said:
WaluigiWare said:

THIS a million times.

Also, I want a reduced character roster, with NO GENERICS. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Rosalina and Diddy Kong/Donkey Kong Jr. would be excellent.
If you don't like generics just don't use them.

King Porky said:
FMGBASKFH said:
WaluigiWare said:

THIS a million times.

If you don't like generics just don't use them.
The thing I find wrong with having generics is that when they become playable characters, they don't use that species in minigames or boards anymore. I mean, Boo has hardly appeared in any Mario Parties to steal coins and stars from other players since he had become a playable character (besides those few times in MP6).

They need to make it more frantic, thats what was so good. the feeling of "Don't land on that!" and then you land on it and it stuffs you all up or when you get an item and stuff up your friends whole strategy to get the star. Good Times :)

Crackin355 said:
They need to make it more frantic, thats what was so good. the feeling of "Don't land on that!" and then you land on it and it stuffs you all up or when you get an item and stuff up your friends whole strategy to get the star. Good Times :)
Yeah more Happening Spaces!

I also hate how in MP8 you have to land on a DK Space before there are any Bowser Spaces. If you ask me, there shouldn't be ANY DK Spaces at all. DK should be playable. Another thing with the Bowser Spaces in the new Mario Parties is how the events are picked randomly. In the older MPs, you had to stop that roulette thing to choose your fate. It was more interesting that way if you ask me.

I know that I previously stated that Mario Party is pretty much dead, but something kind of came up in my head...

If a Mario Party 9 truly does come into play, a galaxy-themed board should be made. Rosalina would be the main host of the board, and the person who gives players Power Stars; reminiscent to how the Mario Party 4 boards worked. Lumas would work the item shops, and other board-specific events.

There could also be a special item that's exclusive to that board, which protects you from losing your coins and stars to your opponents AND Bowser attacks for up to 5 turns. It would be a very rare item (only appearing like 5% of the time), and cost as much as 100 coins at the item shop, however. Unfortunately, the item doesn't stop Red Spaces from deducting your coins.

Kinda off topic, but you know what I really despise what Nintendo did? WII PARTY!! What the heck were they thinking when they created this sorry excuse for a game? We really need a new Mario Party.

And if they do, they should make Baby Mario and Baby Luigi playable. Donkey Kong should return. The genie man should return! He was way more awesome than Flutter and that warp pipe. ;D

I liked the orb system. The traps was awesome. Maybe we can use a mix of of traps and items.

And also, they should bring back the custom mini-game system seen in Mario Party 4. That means you can rule out those luck mini-games and only play your favorites. Oh, and make it possible for a CPU-only match. That was awesome. Make the handicap 9 stars again. Bring back those unique mugshots that appeared from Mario Party 1-6. That's a lot of stuff...

What shouldn't return, though are those blasted fortune spaces. I hated those! :mad:

MnSG said:
I know that I previously stated that Mario Party is pretty much dead, but something kind of came up in my head...

If a Mario Party 9 truly does come into play, a galaxy-themed board should be made. Rosalina would be the main host of the board, and the person who gives players Power Stars; reminiscent to how the Mario Party 4 boards worked. Lumas would work the item shops, and other board-specific events.

There could also be a special item that's exclusive to that board, which protects you from losing your coins and stars to your opponents AND Bowser attacks for up to 5 turns. It would be a very rare item (only appearing like 5% of the time), and cost as much as 100 coins at the item shop, however. Unfortunately, the item doesn't stop Red Spaces from deducting your coins.

Hell no. Rosalina for playable, please.

Not a good idea. Wouldn't look right when she loses in a Mario Party 4 Bowser minigame or when she loses in a minigame like I.D. U.F.O.

LeftyGreenMario said:

Not a good idea. Wouldn't look right when she loses in a Mario Party 4 Bowser minigame or when she loses in a minigame like I.D. U.F.O.

I don't know those mini-games, so I have no idea of what you're talking about. Of course, if they make her playable, they have to respect her personality, they mustn't make her too loud like stupid Daisy and stuff like that. And they would have to reduce her size a little bit, she wouldn't look good being taller than Waluigi (and she is).

Or I don't know... maybe she shouldn't be playable at all, she's too serious and a great character and it would be sad if they ruined her and exploited her like they did with Daisy... I'm not sure now D: But I DO know I don't want her to disappear, she would look good on Mario Golf and in the next Mario Karts...

FMGBASKFH said:
LeftyGreenMario said:

I don't know those mini-games, so I have no idea of what you're talking about. Of course, if they make her playable, they have to respect her personality, they mustn't make her too loud like stupid Daisy and stuff like that. And they would have to reduce her size a little bit, she wouldn't look good being taller than Waluigi (and she is).

Or I don't know... maybe she shouldn't be playable at all, she's too serious and a great character and it would be sad if they ruined her and exploited her like they did with Daisy... I'm not sure now D: But I DO know I don't want her to disappear, she would look good on Mario Golf and in the next Mario Karts...

Actually, if Waluigi was standing up straight, he'd be slightly taller than Rosalina.

Anyway, there are some titles where Rosalina is better off as a host, such as the Mario Party titles. In sports games, and Mario Kart titles, she'd likely make the cut as being playable.

FMGBASKFH said:
LeftyGreenMario said:

When a character loses in I.D. U.F.O., he or she gets sent to outer space and starts spinning and flailing around. When a character loses in one of Bowser's minigames in Mario Party 4, he or she gets burnt.

Rosalina would look so odd if that happened to her. I think she's best off as a host or a good space (replacing Donkey Kong, while Donkey Kong is a playable character).

WaluigiWare said:
OH MY GOD, I am so imagining the Comet Observatory as a board now.

I am 50% sure that the comet Observatory will be a stage in the next SSB games. But to get back on topic I really don't think we will see anymore Mario Party games on the Wii. If they did it would not be shown until 2011 and I think the next intendo council will be shown at E3-2011. Maybe a Mario Party on the 3DS, but not on Wii.

Well, I was thinking of Mario Party 9 to be Super Mario Galaxy based, you know, with minigames based on the rolling ball, manta ray, fluzzard, and such, with Lubba and Rosalina as the host.

WaluigiWare said:
OH MY GOD, I am so imagining the Comet Observatory as a board now.
What about the Comet Observatory and Starship Mario as one board.

They need Rosalina and Lubba in both in the game. Lubba is like awesome, those two boards would be cool, but if they had them, someone would have to host them.

Back