Good ideas that should be in/bad ideas that should never be in Smash Bros. 6

Re: bad ideas that should never be in super smash bros 4

When will supermariofan understand that no, Mickey does NOT have a chance of appearing in Super Smash Bros. 4? In order for a character to appear in Super Smash Bros., their origin MUST be a videogame, and Mickey is a CARTOON CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter if his game won many awards and was critically acclaimed, THAT-HAS-NOTHING-TO-DO-WITH-THIS. It's like wanting Spongebob Squarepants to become playable. He just won't be playable, get over it!!!

Big McIntosh said:
Unbalanced Final Smashes. Seriously, Olimar's FS is impossible to avoid and is an almost guaranteed KO. Peach's FS does very little damage, even though it does provide the opportunity for her to heal her own damage percentage.

To be fair, Olimar's FS made up for his slow character and some of his horrible moves (his Up + B recovery move is atrocious). Peach is a fairly faster character, so it'd be easier for her to get the Smash ball rather than Olimar. An alternative would be turning off the smash ball.

Big McIntosh said:
Also, less franchise favoritism. Mario and Kirby got a ton of trophies, but Earthbound and Yoshi got like nothing. Also, some trophies of important characters/items/locations/whatever instead of random one-game trophies like Fracktail.

Kirby got the same amount (or about the same amount) of trophies as the majority of the series in there. Pokemon got 6 pages of trophies compared to Kirby's 3. But I do agree that Yoshi and EarthBound should've gotten more, especially Yoshi since that's more well known among people. I was surprised there was no Ultimate Chimera trophy.

Anyways, most people already stated what I want (more Nintendo-ization of the Subspace Emissary, no tripping, etc) I still don't get why people want the old Adventure Mode from Melee back more than the SE. The AM gets old really quickly since its basically the same thing in the same order (Mario world->Zelda world->blah blah blah->Polygons and Metal Mario/Luigi -> Giga Bowser). I wouldn't mind including both.

supermariofan said:
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT?! I put Mickey Mouse in my roster because he had a SUCCESSFUL Wii game, the other characters just have average games,
Implying that Mario and Pokemon sales are worse than Epic Mickey's.

It is a well-known fact that Mickey will NOT GET IN SSB4.

Pyro said:
supermariofan said:
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT?! I put Mickey Mouse in my roster because he had a SUCCESSFUL Wii game, the other characters just have average games,
Implying that Mario and Pokemon sales are worse than Epic Mickey's.

It is a well-known fact that Mickey will NOT GET IN SSB4.
Mickey might happen

no he won't

No it won't. He is a cartoon character, and cartoon characters have absolutely no place in Super Smash Bros. And so what if Epic Mickey did well? Like Anser said, it doesn't change anything.

Meowth said:
No it won't. He is a cartoon character, and cartoon characters have absolutely no place in Super Smash Bros. And so what if Epic Mickey did well? Like Anser said, it doesn't change anything.
You don't know that, it's not even done being developed

Ah, why do I even bother? I'm done trying to tell you that Mickey won't appear in SSB.

Anyway:

Fassad said:
I still don't get why people want the old Adventure Mode from Melee back more than the SE. The AM gets old really quickly since its basically the same thing in the same order (Mario world->Zelda world->blah blah blah->Polygons and Metal Mario/Luigi -> Giga Bowser). I wouldn't mind including both.

Agreeing with this completely. And I agree with pretty much everyone that tripping shouldn't come back.

supermariofan said:
Meowth said:
You don't know that, it's not even done being developed
Dude

He's not going to appear. Disney don't want anything to do with Nintendo. Get over it.

Don't pay attention to supermariofan anymore, guys. He's just being stubborn and stupid right now. Let him dream with something that will not happen in a million years. Mickey has no chance of appearing in Super Smash Bros. 4, no matter what you think or say. Period. End of the conversation.

Fassad said:
(more Nintendo-ization of the Subspace Emissary) I still don't get why people want the old Adventure Mode from Melee back more than the SE.

I think you just answered your own question.

Fassad said:
The AM gets old really quickly since its basically the same thing in the same order (Mario world->Zelda world->blah blah blah->Polygons and Metal Mario/Luigi -> Giga Bowser). I wouldn't mind including both.

Speaking of that, how about not recycling the same opponents (especially for Classic Mode)? According to the wiki, Classic Mode is always:

1. Zelda
2. Yoshi or DK
3. Pokemon
4. Fire Emblem or Earthbound/Mother
5. Break the Targets
6. Kirby
7. Metroid or Pikmin
8. Star Fox or F-Zero
9. Mario
10. R.O.B., Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers, or Mr. Game and Watch,
11. Wario, Snake or Sonic
12. Break the Targets
13. Three Random Characters
14. Master Hand

Well, I don't mind tripping as long as it's not RANDOM. I don't mind having it from banana peels and low angled attacks, but I don't want tripping infinites to happen LOL

Also, they should make Jiggs and Yoshi have normal shields. Making them have abnormal shields (Jiggs dying if its shield breaks) (Yoshi not being to cancel his shield by jumping out of it and making his shield drop laggier) was terrible.

Well then again, if no matter who you are, your shield shouldn't break unless you're against Peach. :P

Anser said:
Don't pay attention to supermariofan anymore, guys. He's just being stubborn and stupid right now. Let him dream with something that will not happen in a million years. Mickey has no chance of appearing in Super Smash Bros. 4, no matter what you think or say. Period. End of the conversation.
He does too have a chance

I have to say what really is unnecessary is
Toad
Everybody wants him but no one really thinks about the details.
"
Up special: propeller mushroom
Side special: Poison mushroom throw
Down special: Open chest
"
Is there any move set that would actually work, even though my one is mediocre I didn't bother to think in more details. And if he is in it he would just be a heavier and bigger version of mr. game and watch, which his move set is already bad. We need to think of characters who have more obvious move sets. Even Waluigi would be better.

Lolcrawler said:
I have to say what really is unnecessary is
Toad
Everybody wants him but no one really thinks about the details.
"
Up special: propeller mushroom
Side special: Poison mushroom throw
Down special: Open chest
"
Is there any move set that would actually work, even though my one is mediocre I didn't bother to think in more details. And if he is in it he would just be a heavier and bigger version of mr. game and watch, which his move set is already bad. We need to think of characters who have more obvious move sets. Even Waluigi would be better.

That's only if you put into account NSMB Wii. And even then that's ignoring the fact there were Toads playable in the game.

It won't be a big deal if Toad doesn't make it in to SSB4 to me (I wouldn't mind though because it'd complete the Big 8 Mario characters being playable). But I won't really stand too much for saying a character can't get in because a decent moveset isn't possible in someone's opinion. If nothing else, they can make up moves that are loosely based on what they've done in games they were playable in. And even if the move is completely new and out of nowhere. It's not like it's the only time that's been done. Look at Captain Falcon. Before SSB64 when did Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch show up in any of the F-Zero racing games? Toad has Super Mario Bros 2, the NSMB series, and more on his side and it wouldn't be all that hard to give Toad his own moves.

Also I don't see why Toad would be similar to Game and Watch other then they'd be both lightweights.

supermariofan said:
Anser said:
He does too have a chance

You're an asshole.

I think Toad shouldn't be playable. It would be weird seeing him double-jump, charging a Smash attack and doing stuff like that. Plus, what would be of Peach's B Attack?

Paper Mario would make a very cool character, in my opinion. Just don't make him based only on Sticker Star, which will be the most recent game. He should have powers from all four Paper Mario games.

Anser said:
I think Toad shouldn't be playable. It would be weird seeing him double-jump, charging a Smash attack and doing stuff like that. Plus, what would be of Peach's B Attack?

Paper Mario would make a very cool character, in my opinion. Just don't make him based only on Sticker Star, which will be the most recent game. He should have powers from all four Paper Mario games.

*waits for Propeller Toad*

I don't think it's weird at all for Toad to be running around and turning Wario into a star. I mean, characters like Mr. Game & Watch and ROB are doing the same thing. Peach's B move can easily be replaced by Toadsworth or Toadette.

Timmy said:
Also, they should make Jiggs and Yoshi have normal shields. Making them have abnormal shields (Jiggs dying if its shield breaks) (Yoshi not being to cancel his shield by jumping out of it and making his shield drop laggier) was terrible.

I agree Jigglypuff shouldn't die when its shield breaks, but Yoshi does have an advantage in the form of being resistant to shield stabbing with that egg.

Timmy said:

I agree Jigglypuff shouldn't die when its shield breaks, but Yoshi does have an advantage in the form of being resistant to shield stabbing with that egg.
[/quote]
Actually, in Brawl, Yoshi CAN get shield stabbed. It doesn't happen often, but still.
YoshiSSBBShield.png
See how his feet stick out at the bottom? He can get shield stabbed there.

And, IMO,
Having normal shield options >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Not as easily shield stabbed. :P

Also, another thing I would like... Is that the range of attacks stay the same in EVERY mode.

YoshiSSBBNS%28groundedend%29.png

See? The tan color represents the range in the SSE. It's a lot bigger than Yoshi's normal range for Egg Lay.

Why is it inconsistent? Did they literally use a different model? Maybe they did since the game utilizes different files for single player and multiplayer modes.

I hate it when people replace Ganondorf and Shiek with Ghirahim and Impa I do want those characters in but I don't want Ganondorf and Shiek cut

I'm pretty sure if they kept Shiek in despite not appearing at all in Twilight Princess they won't take that out of Zelda's moveset. And Ganondorf is the de facto representation of evil for the LoZ series. I doubt they cut him. Although a little more of a unique moveset would be nice rather then a slower, stronger Captain Falcon.

Back