Good ideas that should be in/bad ideas that should never be in Smash Bros. 6

Re: Good ideas that should be in/bad ideas that should never be in Smash Bros. 4

Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
good idea: bringing back pichu, with a totally different move set
Pokemon has enough representation. Besides, Pichu was absolutely dreadful in Melee. I wouldn't want it back. Every attack hurts you? No thanks.

no theyre making mario like angry birds, adding in-game ourchases that have no clear reason?
The reason is that people want more levels without having to spend more money for an entirely different game, and I don't see why you're comparing it to Angry Birds.

Re: Good ideas that should be in/bad ideas that should never be in Smash Bros. 4

Dusknoir said:
Pokemon has enough representation. Besides, Pichu was absolutely dreadful in Melee. I wouldn't want it back. Every attack hurts you? No thanks.

Don't exagerate.

the electric attacks only hurt him.

Dusknoir said:
I think he meant without the self damage. But I agree, no Pichu. Pokemon does have enough reps, but I kind of want a Hoenn Pokemon.

Meulin Leijon said:
Dusknoir said:

Don't exagerate.

No, Game Freak's right. Skull Bash and Agility aren't electric attacks, but Pichu gets hurt anyway.

I think Naruto and Goku and Tails should all be in it.

The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense said:
Dusknoir said:
I think he meant without the self damage. But I agree, no Pichu. Pokemon does have enough reps, but I kind of want a Hoenn Pokemon.

Meulin Leijon said:
Dusknoir said:

Don't exagerate.

No, Game Freak's right. Skull Bash and Agility aren't electric attacks, but Pichu gets hurt anyway.
There's also Mewtwo, Zoroark, and Meowth

I don't know about everyone else, but I hate scrolling stages and hope they don't come back.
Yeah I hated scrolling stages too, especially vertical ones since it gives a major advantage to floaty/flying characters. I also hate stages like New Pork City, that one is beyond unplayable. >__>

I don't know about everyone else, but I hate scrolling stages and hope they don't come back.

You're not alone. I despise them.

I think what Baby Luigi means by disklocked DLC is content of the game that is already included in the CD but you have to pay an extra amount of money to have access to it. You don't have to download it; it's already there. It's totally unfair when they do that. If it's already in the CD, let us use it without having to pay more money ¬¬

Timmy said:
Yeah I hated scrolling stages too, especially vertical ones since it gives a major advantage to floaty/flying characters. I also hate stages like New Pork City, that one is beyond unplayable. >__>

I agree. Large stages like New Pork City are a nuisance. Some people call it "The New Hyrule Temple".
Skip to about 5 minutes.

It may be that the Mother series is one of my absolute favorite series, but I don't get why people keep on whining about New Pork City. Sure it's a big stage and all that jazz, but that's what makes it absolutely fun. If you're playing the game to have the match over with as soon as possible, then you're playing the game wrong. It's a ton better than small and cramped stages (Yoshi's Island), scrolling stages (Rumble Falls), or stages with no/too many hazards. The only hazard was the Ultimate Chimera and if you're careless enough to walk into it or have your opponent toss you into it, you deserve to lose a life.

The worst stages were 75m, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom, and Hanenbow in my opinion. Those stages are just too gimmicky and 75m and Hanenbow are almost impossible to play on without losing a life my falling down.
inb4spearpillar

On the topic, I would like unique Board the Platforms and Break Targets for every character, and I would absolutely be ecstatic if they remixed or even brought back the Melee target smashing music back, since it's amazing.

Dusknoir said:
It may be that the Mother series is one of my absolute favorite series, but I don't get why people keep on whining about New Pork City. Sure it's a big stage and all that jazz, but that's what makes it absolutely fun. If you're playing the game to have the match over with as soon as possible, then you're playing the game wrong.

The worst stages were 75m, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom, and Hanenbow in my opinion. Those stages are just too gimmicky and 75m and Hanenbow are almost impossible to play on without losing a life my falling down.
inb4spearpillar

I could be wrong, but aren't there time limits (like 5 minutes) for Classic and All-Star matches? I always worry that I can't KO Ness and Lucas in time. I'm actually okay with it in regular Brawls.

Besides, Yoshi's Island is small, but I don't find it cramped. Spear Pillar is far more gimmicky than the 4 stages you mentioned combined together, specifically when your controls are messed up (you push right on the control stick, your character moves left). But at least we're on the same page with scrolling stages.

Also, I thought you liked Hanenbow.

Dusknoir said:
Also, stages that don't suck like 75m, Mario Bros, and Rumbel Falls (I liked Hanenbow '_'). It's a shame DK got the worst stages. Jungle Japes isn't all that great either.

There is no time limit for All star matches, but I think there is one for Classic Mode. Besides, I think you only fight ten of Ness or Lucas on that stage during the classic mode and they can be defeated in like one hit.

I only really liked it for the ambiance, honestly. After playing the stage a couple of times with my sister and friends during the past weeks, I just found it to be more irritating than anything, especially if you pick a character with a dreadful recovery, like Olimar.

But hey, 75m and Mario Bros. were always horrible.

Dusknoir said:
There is no time limit for All star matches, but I think there is one for Classic Mode. Besides, I think you only fight ten of Ness or Lucas on that stage during the classic mode and they can be defeated in like one hit.

I still dread fighting them in All-Star Mode and New Pork City being the new Hyrule Temple was why I usually don't choose NPC and like the guy int he video said, there's also the fact that characters who can glide have an unfair advantage.

Dusknoir said:
inb4spearpillar
The only thing that sucks about Spear Pillar is that one critter that reverses left and right on the control stick. I've always had a hard time with control screws like that. It's the same reason I hate the Poisonous Pipeline stage in DKC3.

Timmy said:

I agree. Large stages like New Pork City are a nuisance. Some people call it "The New Hyrule Temple".
Skip to about 5 minutes.

They're not lying, though. Look at it. It has the exact same structure and the exact same size =/

Dusknoir said:

Meulin Leijon said:
Dusknoir said:

Don't exagerate.

imeant like a non-pikachu clone that doesnt get hurt and stuff to make it more like the games than the anime

I actually want Pichu back, but extremely improved. Supposedly he has his own moveset - like a less powerful version of Pikachu, but the moves are executed faster.

i would love to have like alternate costume/skin characters instead of just having separate characters in the roster who are just simply clones. examples: mario-dr. mario, peach-daisy, bowser-dry bowser, pikachu-pichu, maybe raichu? marth-roy, etc.

Dusknoir said:

Meulin Leijon said:
Dusknoir said:

Don't exagerate.

imeant like a non-pikachu clone that doesnt get hurt and stuff to make it more like the games than the anime

I was referring to Fire Eevee. It's kind of difficult not making Pichu a Pikachu clone though since Pichu is Pikachu's pre-evolution.

You can decide if this 3rd party character would be good or bad..

Bub/Bob from bubble bobble/puzzle bobble
possible attacks..

b : pon bubbles (blows bubbles and they hurt when they pop[you can get stuck inside them before they pop but also can get out if your quick enough])

up&b : puzzle bobble's arrow rainbow bubble shooter (the bubbles stick to surfaces but only
up to a certain amount)

over&b : cartwheel slash

down&b : bubble ride

bump.

Probably removing alts outfits.

also smash 4 is 3ds and smash 5 is wii u.

Technically, Mickey had more than 3 Nintendo games.

He had an entire series of Game & Watch games (as did Snoopy and Popeye).

Sylveon said:
bump.

Probably removing alts outfits.

also smash 4 is 3ds and smash 5 is wii u.

Smash 4 is 3DS and Wii U. That's like saying there are two Twilight Princess games just because one was released on Gamecube and one was released on Wii, both a few weeks apart. That's also like saying that Mario & Sonic games that were for (3)DS/Wii are their own different games when they are really not.

I think, even if you don't see it that way, you should change the title of the article to Smash Bros. 5 so that there isn't confusion as though you're talking two generations ahead in terms of Smash Bros.

Back